What did you learn today? Part II

AC, I swim often and I can guess some pools use an awful lot more chlorine than others. Some people have asked what that ocean fragrance is, I get used to it I guess. :razz: I just air out inthe winter or sun out in warmer months after a shower. Ducky is right though, not possible to remove it all since our skin is like a sponge and absorb some of it, try to swim around important routines. :)

Last edited:
I just learned that a friend of mine's 11 or 12-year- old son got roughed up on a school bus in St. Louis for wearing a hat saying "Make America Great Again." Not only that, she said he was suspended from school for wearing the hat. What the heck?
Might have to go over there for moral support. Hope not. :(

I just learned that a friend of mine's 11 or 12-year- old son got roughed up on a school bus in St. Louis for wearing a hat saying "Make America Great Again." Not only that, she said he was suspended from school for wearing the hat. What the heck?

Beowulf-
That's very sad and cruel of those who roughed him up. The son ought to take martial arts and bullies will leave him alone once he learns how to kick someone's butt. What happened to good old physical fighting ? Of course , my comment is going to start a flame war here. Maybe, I need to PM that part to you haha

Beowulf-
That's very sad and cruel of those who roughed him up. The son ought to take martial arts and bullies will leave him alone once he learns how to kick someone's butt. What happened to good old physical fighting ? Of course , my comment is going to start a flame war here. Maybe, I need to PM that part to you haha
Yeah, it is messy. I understand that they were but children, but I know the mother. She is a spitfire, so I think a road trip is upcoming. I will just talk to her and find out if that is a new hat, and WHAT WAS SHE THINKING??? As for teaching him how to fight, nope, for who ever wins one?

Yeah, it is messy. I understand that they were but children, but I know the mother. She is a spitfire, so I think a road trip is upcoming. I will just talk to her and find out if that is a new hat, and WHAT WAS SHE THINKING??? As for teaching him how to fight, nope, for who ever wins one?

Beowulf-

Just bec in this day and age people or children should not be restricted to wear gear of their choice. It's a very cruel world.

I hope the kid is not badly injured. All the best to him.

Beowulf-

Just bec in this day and age people or children should not be restricted to wear gear of their choice. It's a very cruel world.

/QUOTE]
Eek.
I'll keep that in mind.
Beowulf-

I hope the kid is not badly injured. All the best to him.
Like your Brady outfit? ;)

Do agree that kids should learn martial arts, but unfortunately, some parents can't afford it. My boys took Tae-won-do, played football also...they were not bullies (to my knowledge), but have been bullied. And yes, bullied on the bus for whatever reason I don't know, but settled it when the bus made their stop. After that, the bully never bothered them again...LOL...

Wow! I saw that on a TV news program tonight. They showed a video of the confrontation on the bus. I hope the boy is OK.

Wow! I saw that on a TV news program tonight. They showed a video of the confrontation on the bus. I hope the boy is OK.
He's fine. I don't know what is going on, and will have to be patient.

Sadly, these days, even if the kid fights back in self defense, the victims of bullies get suspended along with the bullies. It's that "zero tolerance" policy that schools have which don't allow for common sense.

Sadly, these days, even if the kid fights back in self defense, the victims of bullies get suspended along with the bullies. It's that "zero tolerance" policy that schools have which don't allow for common sense.
Sigh. Back in the late 60's I was the only deafie in a high school. It is like The Twilight Zone to think of me punching the biggest punk of the group facing me, because back then I was obeying my father's advice, while today I would get arrested.

Re: The fight over the hat.
The impression I got from St. Louis Channel 4 was an argument first involving both boys and the a fight where it is not clear who threw the first punch.

I am thrilled to say that I learned what rain drops on a windshield sound like. I thought the Tahoe was a ticking time bomb and had to ask the kids wth that noise was.

I didn't learn this today, but 31 days ago: If you get a post deleted, do not try to be sneaky and re-post it. A 30 day ban is guaranteed if you do! :)

I didn't learn this today, but 31 days ago: If you get a post deleted, do not try to be sneaky and re-post it. A 30 day ban is guaranteed if you do! :)
Hey my friend ! Welcome back :dance2:

Thank you for the heads up:cheers:

Back