What did you learn today? Part II

That you can still smell like chlorine after taking a shower. From the pool. I don't get it!

That why I took shower with shampoo and soap after swimming in the pool... lol...

That why I took shower with shampoo and soap after swimming in the pool... lol...
That's what I said in my post. I took a shower. Lots of shampoo and conditioner and soap, but I still smell the chlorine. Foxrac, please read posts more carefully.

That's what I said in my post. I took a shower. Lots of shampoo and conditioner and soap, but I still smell the chlorine. Foxrac, please read posts more carefully.

Alley, I found no mention of shampoo & conditioner let alone soap in your post. I was about to ask about shampoo myself.

That you can still smell like chlorine after taking a shower. From the pool. I don't get it!

Oh my god. Why do you nit pick everything? Is it not common sense that people use soap and shampoo in a shower ???? Arrrrgghhh.

I grew up at a time and place where the normal thing to do was shampoo once a week but shower or take a tub bath, with a bath being the most common, a number of times during the week.

Some people just rinse shower at the pool or beach after swimming.

In the old days you could always tell who was on the swim team. Their hair was sort of shiny from the chlorine. :afro:

I grew up at a time and place where the normal thing to do was shampoo once a week but shower or take a tub bath, with a bath being the most common, a number of times during the week.
You are significantly older than I. I have access to showers and baths and hot tubs (not bragging, just saying what I have access to that most everyone these days do) And I go to the local gym where we can shower every day. And, I have a shower at home. So shut it.

You are significantly older than I. I have access to showers and baths and hot tubs (not bragging, just saying what I have access to that most everyone these days do) And I go to the local gym where we can shower every day. And, I have a shower at home. So shut it.

Not a matter of access but the common amount of use. Most people had a tub in their bathroom while I was growing up in the 1940's & 50s (born in 1942). Showers were more common in semi-finished basements. The common thing to do for women was to go to the beauty shop for shampoo and set once a week or do it yourself on the same schedule.

Swimming was just a summer thing here in this part of Southern Illinois until the 1990's when the recreation center was built in Centralia. There were showers included in the bathhouse of the outdoor pools. Even the one built in Centralia in the 1930's which was replaced after I became an adult (I can't remember the exact year).

I've learned the Patriots won last night. I didn't see it coming. I am in shock.

source.gif

I don't use the Pool for swimming, just sun bathing (can't get water in my ears), since it caused infection(s)...but basically stopped sun bathing because of skin cancer(s). Last one was on my jawline (last month). Had surgery and now have a scar...*sigh*...anyway,,,was thinking that Dawn Dish Lotion might get the smell of chlorine out of your hair?...One good lather with it, then use your regular shampoo & conditioner. Just a thought.

Ok, I didn't understand because you didn't say about shampoo and soap because most people usually took quick shower before and after swimming with no soap.

but I tends to use very large amount of soap and shower time took about 15-20 minutes, due to my vision issue and poor balance. That why I don't swim in the swimming pool often and try to be less frequent as possible.

Last edited:
Some people just rinse shower at the pool or beach after swimming.

Yes, that what I thought, so that why I was confused.

But at gym, it is opposite, almost everyone use soap and shampoo due to sweating, so in beach and swimming pool, many took quick shower with no soap.

Alley, I found no mention of shampoo & conditioner let alone soap in your post. I was about to ask about shampoo myself.

Do we REALLY have to drill down to the exact actions that we do to make things clear? I understood right off that AC used soap and shampoo. Most people already know that if you do a quick rinse in the shower you're still going to smell like chlorine anyway. It's after a shower with soap and shampoo that one wonders "what the heck?"

It's implied that she used soap and shampoo...as that is the normal thing to do TODAY- not 50-60 years ago.

~a duck who used to be on the summer swim team.

Do we REALLY have to drill down to the exact actions that we do to make things clear? I understood right off that AC used soap and shampoo. Most people already know that if you do a quick rinse in the shower you're still going to smell like chlorine anyway. It's after a shower with soap and shampoo that one wonders "what the heck?"

It's implied that she used soap and shampoo...as that is the normal thing to do TODAY- not 50-60 years ago.

But some habits last that long.

By the way, I got a kick out of your last sentence!

I addressed it - see above.

Thanks, Deaf ducky. I thought it was obvious myself about shampoo and soap, but apparently to some it wasn't. I live in today's times with showers in the locker rooms, etc, not the 1950s or 60's. I didn't need to be nitpicked over that. So thank you, sweetie.

Back