What did you learn today? Part II

Will be keeping you in my thoughts Bebonang... :hug:

Thank you, guys. Cancer sucks as always. Dang! :(

EDIT: That would be 5 celebrities. That is too many for them to have cancer. Wow. :(

Thank you, guys. Cancer sucks as always. Dang! :(

EDIT: That would be 5 celebrities. That is too many for them to have cancer. Wow. :(

Cancer does suck. I hope you have a very successful treatment and quick recovery.

Beb it has one good thing it give you metaphorical kick in pants to cram as much as you can into life as we only got one life .after I got on my feet I started living going different countries and within reason doing things I wanted to do never tried

The biggest difference is the alphabet for sure. I think there are some differences in signs as well from what I have seen in some videos. About the only sign I saw was the one for "good luck" lol (and even then not sure as my friend is hearing- can't remember how she learned it).

Some more info--
https://www.quora.com/What-are-some...rican-Sign-Language-and-British-Sign-Language

(I recognize Don Gruskin's name)

Short AllDeaf Thread about ASL vs BSL
http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=64402

in case anyone is curious...
http://www.british-sign.co.uk/

Easier than asl alpherbet

I learned on the job there is a cure for depression .

Don't forget about Dan Haggerty. He had cancer for long time too, I think. He passed away yesterday (January 15, 2016). So all three of them had cancers. That is why Cancer sucks.

I have cancer, too. I went to cancer surgeon's clinic to make plans for me to have surgery to remove breast cancer. It will be on my left breast. It was tiny but all ready fill up the wall of the duct which was away from the nibble. This wall will remain stable as it is slow before it had chance to break the wall and that will spread all of the cancer in my breast. I will have surgery on March 15, 2016. After surgery, I will have to go through radiation, not chemotherapy. This is different for my breast cancer. Chemotherapy is suppose for the body not for breast cancer. So I am learning from the surgeon doctor about it. I had ASL interpreter to help me understand what the doctor and the doctor's assistant explained to me about the procedures. So I will be going through 3 steps before surgery like bloodwork, MRI, and needle location under my breast and then surgery. I don't know if I will stay in the hospital after surgery or recovery room. Will find out more about that. :(

I know I remember you saying your cancer came , that really sucks . Cancer is a horrible disease it kill my beloved hearing dog too.
I am sorry have to go though this all over again but it's good to know you will have an ASL interpreter with you . I didn't forget about the other people that dies I was saying 2 people were the same age. I am 69 too
so I guess made me think that I can dies anytime too.

I learn if you flush loo with lid up your house will have small poo particles all over it in less than an hour.usually men do that Why never occur to them put blasted lid down

I learned that an antique seltzer bottle from the company my great-grandmother and her sons started, after her husband was killed while working on the RR, is up for bidding on eBay. I have a friend (the one who is trying to sell some of my stuff) making bids on it now. I hope she succeeds in getting it. Won't now till sometime tonight.

Really? Pray tell, what is it?

Yeah, inquiring minds want to know! Do tell, Rio.

I am not a licensed therapist , this information was learned on the job from a licensed professional therapist. According to the professional, depression is curable by helping yourself, how bad do you want to be out of depression? The individual needs to find out what makes them depressed. The person with depression needs to take steps in making changes in their life. It may sound harsh to point these things out in what's causing the depression. It's not an overnight or one day cure. These steps and process take months and depending on the individual's diagnosis. Each diagnosis of depression varies. Best to get help with a professional and find out more about treating depression.

I am not a licensed therapist , this information was learned on the job from a licensed professional therapist. According to the professional, depression is curable by helping yourself, how bad do you want to be out of depression? The individual needs to find out what makes them depressed. The person with depression needs to take steps in making changes in their life. It may sound harsh to point these things out in what's causing the depression. It's not an overnight or one day cure. These steps and process take months and depending on the individual's diagnosis. Each diagnosis of depression varies. Best to get help with a professional and find out more about treating depression.

Well, your licensed therapist is wrong.

Yes, some depressions are situational, but many are clinical (physical causes). I know because I had clinical depression (postpartum) and there was no outside cause for it so there was no life style changes that would have cured it. Luckily postpartum depression will go away on its own in about a year. I also have a touch of SAD (seasonal affective disorder). This can be treated w/light therapy, but it cannot be cured.

Well, your licensed therapist is wrong.

Yes, some depressions are situational, but many are clinical (physical causes). I know because I had clinical depression (postpartum) and there was no outside cause for it so there was no life style changes that would have cured it. Luckily postpartum depression will go away on its own in about a year. I also have a touch of SAD (seasonal affective disorder). This can be treated w/light therapy, but it cannot be cured.

I learned what I heard on the job. I don't see nor have a therapist. I did learn also, in my psychology class depression is curable. My psychology teacher is not PH.D. I can ask more deeper questions later when the semester starts . I can challenge professors from reading your post:giggle:

My understanding is - "major depression" is a clinical/chemical brain-based illness <same as if you had a major injury> which CANNOT be cured by "self-help" type things, such as "taking charge of your life" etc.
It -can be - managed by <traditionally> a combination of drugs and behavioral therapies..

Other types of depression - might be- helped by self help books and thinking.

I think the whole story about the therapist is not true. Either that or the therapist him/herself is nuts.

Back