What did you have for breakfast or lunch?

I made scrambled eggs. I was up bright and early at 5:30 am. For no reason.

I had a piece of my cast iron chocolate chip cookies I made for breakfast because I woke up late. Lunch/dinner beans and chicken with cheese.

Had the last of my homemade hummus. :(
I found that homemade tastes FAR better than the kinds you buy in stores.

Last edited:
You'll need a blender.

- 1 tin of chickpeas (washed and drained)
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- one and a half tbsps raw tahini
- juice of one fresh lemon
- 3 or 4 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste (this is a key ingredient so don't leave it out if you don't have to)
- about 4 tbsps water (or more, depending on how thick or thin you want it)

Put the garlic in the blender and process until very finely chopped. Then add the chickpeas and process until well broken down. Now add the tahini and process further. Then add the salt, the lemon and oil, and the water bit by bit until a thick paste is formed. If you want a thinner consistency, gradually add more water, a little at a time, until you are happy with the texture. It ought to be smooth ( and slightly runny in my opinion). Decant into a small serving bowl, place a black olive in the middle, and drizzle with olive oil. Refrigerate, serve with a Greek salad and warm pita bread.
Enjoy! :)

Tahini is a new word for me. What is it?

Edit: I just googled it. Ok now I know what it is. I had never heard of it before.

To be honest, I've never had hummus. I was not sure if I would like chickpeas. Is there a way to check that out before I would make the whole thing?

Tahini is a new word for me. What is it?

Edit: I just googled it. Ok now I know what it is. I had never heard of it before.

To be honest, I've never had hummus. I was not sure if I would like chickpeas. Is there a way to check that out before I would make the whole thing?
Yeah, it is sort of an acquired taste. Isn't there a Greek joint in your town? You could ask for a taste or you will throw their china out the door for good luck.

Yeah, it is sort of an acquired taste. Isn't there a Greek joint in your town? You could ask for a taste or you will throw their china out the door for good luck.
No, there actually isn't. I don't live in a big city. But I can get it at the deli so maybe I should try a small batch.

No, there actually isn't. I don't live in a big city. But I can get it at the deli so maybe I should try a small batch.
A small batch of what? Them damn chickpeas or what? Imagine a deli with it.
I am not a vegan.
I just got home with beef.
RIBS. Actual beef ribs.
And to hell with it.

Last edited:
A small batch of what? Them damn chickpeas or what? Imagine a deli with it.
I am not a vegan.
I just got home with beef.
RIBS. Actual beef ribs.
And to hell with it.
The hummus. I've seen it there. I just never wanted to buy it because I didn't think I would like it.

bananaaaaaa for lunch and dinner from my crockpot cookout at late evening. (my crazy work shift hour is ODD)

I had green beans for breakfast, then captain crunch cereal for lunch. Yes, I did.

You'll need a blender.

- 1 tin of chickpeas (washed and drained)
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- one and a half tbsps raw tahini
- juice of one fresh lemon
- 3 or 4 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste (this is a key ingredient so don't leave it out if you don't have to)
- about 4 tbsps water (or more, depending on how thick or thin you want it)

Put the garlic in the blender and process until very finely chopped. Then add the chickpeas and process until well broken down. Now add the tahini and process further. Then add the salt, the lemon and oil, and the water bit by bit until a thick paste is formed. If you want a thinner consistency, gradually add more water, a little at a time, until you are happy with the texture. It ought to be smooth ( and slightly runny in my opinion). Decant into a small serving bowl, place a black olive in the middle, and drizzle with olive oil. Refrigerate, serve with a Greek salad and warm pita bread.
Enjoy! :)
YUMMY !! I use to made homemade hummus and it sure is a lot better than what you buy in the store . I brought some from a store and there not enough garlic in it. When I lived in Boston there was a bakery that made pita bread and I would buy fresh hot bake pita bread this tasted so much better than the bread in the stores. I think most foods taste better homemade . I wonder if hummus would freeze well , you could made a double recipe and freeze half of it.

Back