What did you do today? Part II

for mothers day... had a great time.... Kaylynn and i ate breakfast then we went to my parents for a bit before we went to my dad's mom house and hung out for a while. We ate lunch before I took Kaylynn home for nap then we went to my cousins house for cook out all day. Kaylynn and i went to see my dad so my dad can have supper and hung out then went home . Kaylynn made handprints on her t shirt and my shirt and also made handprint on the stone for mothers day. :)

Had to go to the grocery store and I actually broke down to use a motorized cart. Other than that, took a shower and had to use a shower chair. I feel I am going downhill fast today. Will be taking MIL and myself to weight loss meeting tonight.

Today I went to Costco to meet the boyfriend for lunch (they have the best hotdogs). Then got 100 bottles of water (<$10) and a 30 pack of Sugar Free Monsters. Then I went and got my hair cut. It's been 1.5 years and it was definitely time for a trim at the very least.

Background: A few years ago after my husband's death, I had given our local hospital a donation to use towards their "virtual" hospital - where doctors, nurses, etc can practice their skills on life like mannequins (some even talk, bleed, pee, etc). Their ?PR? person called to thank me for the donation and wanted to meet me and give me a book. While talking with her I had expressed interest in having a tour for my daughter & I of the VEST lab. Though it wasn't quite finished, she was able to arrange the tour. Then, through her, I believe, my daughter's school was able to arrange tours for the Nurse Tech students who were doing clinical (after the lab was "in operation").

Now, to today. I just got a call from this woman asking if my daughter was still interested in nursing. I told her that my daughter was graduating from the vo-tech school with her CNA and that she was accepted in the Nursing program at our state university. She asked if my daughter had any particular interests and if so, she could try to arrange tours in those areas of the hospital. Cool. I also let her know that my daughter was looking for a job and she seemed to be willing to "help" as best she could (looking at the in-house job postings, maybe introducing my daughter to people during the tours, etc).

I feel this is another gift from heaven and that it has a good chance of leading to a job for my daughter. Now, to get my daughter to call the woman back in a timely manner to discuss her interests and perhaps arrange for the tours.

Forgot this earlier, I also made an appointment of sorts to take Tinkerbell in to have her put to sleep.

Went to the pharmacy, They are processing my paperwork, so I get to go pee in a cup tomorrow in Gainesville. :)

Forgot this earlier, I also made an appointment of sorts to take Tinkerbell in to have her put to sleep.

It's time, I guess?....Hope you will have someone go with you, it's a very sad time.....I was with all my doggies when I had them put to sleep, but went alone, as I felt the boys were too young for it.

It's time, I guess?....Hope you will have someone go with you, it's a very sad time.....I was with all my doggies when I had them put to sleep, but went alone, as I felt the boys were too young for it.

I will not be staying to be with her when it's done. I don't think I could handle that at all. Daughter wants to go with me to take her, so I will let her. Tink has lost enough weight now that I estimate her weight to be about 4 pounds when she was 9 when we got her.

I will not be staying to be with her when it's done. I don't think I could handle that at all. Daughter wants to go with me to take her, so I will let her. Tink has lost enough weight now that I estimate her weight to be about 4 pounds when she was 9 when we got her.

It's painless....gave me the chance to hold my doggie(s), talk to them, and of course crying, but felt it was my job to do so. Would not want them to go alone. One of my dogs picked up her head and licked my hand, then laid back down...another one, "Sweetheart" actually sort of "smiled" at me, as if she knew she would soon be out of pain....

Maybe your son or daughter could stay with her so she doesn't have to leave the world alone and afraid?

When my Lhasa Apso had to be put to sleep, I was hugging her and petting her as the vet directed, and he had to tell me she was dead.

It's very painless to the animal, but I would never let my pet die alone, any more than I would any other member of my family.

I just got off the phone with Amazon customer service. The screen on my Kindle messed up, not sure if it was my fault or not, but less than ten minutes on the phone and now I have a replacement being sent to me. I'm very happy.

I searched through boxes for an envelope and did not find it, so I had to take hubby to the School Board office for his transcripts and also got mine. Also took hubby to turn in an application for a new job.

Overslept about an hour. No problem, I had taken the day off. Did some laundry & cleaned out my inbox. Then went to my daughter's school's Senior Recognition. Found out that 80% of the kids in her class had gotten at least one detention during their 4 years at the school. My daughter was NOT one of them and therefore got recognized for not having a detention.
Went to garden center and kept myself to buying the minimum flowers I need/want. I have some ideas for flowerbeds but want to wait till I buy the house before I do more...or at least wait till I get the flowerbed(s) dug up before I buy the flowers for them. May go out in a little while to plant what I did buy while the ground is soft from rain & before it rains again.

Not very much...soon as I got ready to go out to run errands, it started pouring down rain...bad storm we had....will do the rest tomorrow, weather permitting.

I AM LOTS OF ALMOST TO 1/2 HOURS I am pretty rough lots of stress not easy, it is very not easy pretty complication! It is very lots of rough it is pretty better calm down!:lol:

I bleached my HAIR! Its white blonde much like Lady Gagas :) I LOVE LOVE IT! Will post pictures on picture thread soon.

Back