what countries was you born in?

Or Newfoundland before it left the British control and was integrated into Canada.

Canadian-born here.

Hey I am not sure when I was looking for a right placento post this question. i am looking for local deafs living in London, Paris and Rome. We are visiting Europe this week for spring break.

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

Don't you mean country? Countries is more then one country. Never heard of anyone being born in more then one country.

I was born here, in the USA.

Since this thread has gone on for awhile I couldn't help but wonder if anyone else had already caught this!

My single country answer is USA.

Just thought of something! Is anyone compiling a list of how many people have responded from each of the countries represented in this thread?

I am an Indian South African, yes, I am very Indian as well, I have the long black hair, all the asian features...though I wish I could be as beautiful as some of the Bollywood Super Stars...well, that is just a stupid wish! Because, knowing me, I'd rather appreciate myself!

Well, if there is anything I am very proud of in my country, is the multi-racial democracy that we live in, we have a true rainbow nation of people. Our country is one nation full of different cultures and people.

I will give you a little history as to how this happened...Many moons ago, South Africa was part of the British Empire, so many indians from India fuelled with a need for a better life, decided to come and work in the sugar cane plantations, and thus embarked on many ships and came to our country, and there began the Indian settlers of South Africa.

For interest sake, many people know Mahatma Gandhi was the father of India, but his thoughts, and his ideology was sown in South Africa when he lived here during apartheid (which I don't even want to talk about, you can compare it to Hitler's treatment of the Jews during the Nazi's times)...but if you really want to know about it, I can tell you more.

Hope this helps!!

Hi There!! You are Beautiful! (If that's you in the pic):P Most Bollywood actresses are fake and wear lots of make up. Actually a bit too much! :lol:
Cheers...

100% South African, born to Indian Parents, raised in South Africa, but I am South African Indian, and I don't even speak a word of Hindi, the language of my parents....but I understand the conversation, if they do speak in it!

Hard enough to grasp English!! Not gonna try anything else for now! I speak Afrikaans though, I had to learn it in School!

Wow, Didn't know that Indians had to learn Afrikaans in South Africa. Always thought Indians preferred to stick with English and an Indian language such as Hindi or Tamil. Did Durban have a dutch history?
Is it compulsory to learn Afrikaans in schools?

Back