What Books Have You Recently Purchased?

11813352.jpg

The last book I brought was Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch By Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. The last book I read was Rant by Chuck Palahnuik. I preferred Palahnuik's Choke but both were very good. Palahnuik is very good at exploring the human physche, especially where sex is concerned.

i don't know if this book has been mentioned

water for elephants by sarah gruen very good book , romance, murder, and ends with a happy ending. waiting for it to become a movie.

Sara Gruen - Water for Elephants

the historian- elizabeth kostova - this book keeps freaking me out so it's taking a long time to finish it. if you're interested in vald the impaler i recommend it.

for young adults

if your into romance and vampires twilight by stephanie meyers is a good one.

the black tattoo by sam enthoven- it's about a boy who has to save his friend from hell. theres a lot demon fighting action.

My top three online book forums:Click the images below to see the sites.

Great writer dr benway! I own The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky. It's just sitting there on my book shelf; I can't wait to get to it. All my avid book reading freinds can't say enought about the guy. Good choice.

0374528373.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I also own Crime and Punishment. Also unread.

0192833839.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory
Blaze by Richard Bachman
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison

otherboleyngirl-poster-big.jpg

I just borrowed (library) this book:

SeeingVoices-742750.jpg

I can't wait to start reading and learning from it. From my understanding this book is a good one for beginners like me.

I am putting my reading to a stop for now.. ahhhh gotta study for round four or is it five?? On the NIC written test given by RID. I have lots to read upon for preparation its all good ! Pray for me :)

I am putting my reading to a stop for now.. ahhhh gotta study for round four or is it five?? On the NIC written test given by RID. I have lots to read upon for preparation its all good ! Pray for me :)

oh good luck smile

I wanted to get John Grisham's latest but I noticed the paperback version isn't out yet. Takes about 6 months, right??

Tousi: The mass market paperback edition of Appeal (I heard it is a very good novel) will be in stores on November 25, 2008. :)

I just borrowed (library) this book:

SeeingVoices-742750.jpg

I can't wait to start reading and learning from it. From my understanding this book is a good one for beginners like me.

I appears to be a very good read. I am reading it slowly so as to understand the lessons better. In fact I might even read it twice. I do not do that for most of the books I read. A very good one so far. :cool2:

AB i just started heh and i can see that it is good so far AND don't tell me about it YET heh ;)

Brazil by John Updike
In Dubious Battle by John Steinbeck
The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner
The Last Tycoon by F. Scott Fitzgerald

10786860.jpg

Some of the books

Mind over mood ,Dr Dennis Greenberger-Dr.Christine A.Padesky ,The Guilford Press

Treating anxiety disorders, Walton T.Roth, Jossey-Bass Inc.,Publishers

Practicing Cognitive Therapy ,A Guide to Interventions - Robert L. Leahy

Anxiety Disorders and Phobias , A Cognitive Perspective - Aaron T. Beck , Garry Emery

The Portable Therapist - Susanna McMahon

Back