What Books Have You Recently Purchased?

lol I am too passed on this thread and can't remmy all of your books sorries ;)

I just bought a book about Las Vegas because I am planning to have trip there soon, also considering to move there.

Also I have lot of books that I am going to sell out, trying to reduce of my stuff just in case if I have to move.

Just bought The Scarlett Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne and am reading that now, also bought Little Women but haven't started that yet. Last week I got Sue Grafton's "T" (I have her entire collection from A to T now!) and finished that already.

Scarlett Letter was a good book and turn into a good movie. I remembered the book I used to read called "North and the South" by John Jakes and they turned into a movie. It was good.

^^^ I liked that North and South movie too !!!

I would love it if they do a re-run ha. I also love the "Thornbirds" movie too was one of the greatest hits. Got love it when there so much powerful good performance they delivered> :)

200px-House_of_leaves.jpg

I read this book two years ago and still find myself thinking about it on a frequent basis.
There are so many intricacies that make this a story that never ends...

it's brilliant

Recently bought The God Delusion, Cats an Owner's Guide (picture book!!!), Asperger Syndrome and Long-term Relationships. good books! :)

Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge: The Book of Mnemonic Devices by Rod L. Evans

1267783_1_111_1.jpg

i guess ill join this thread, despite to my recent new thread that apparently turned out to be a "repost." As I repeat that I am currently reading "The Lovely Bones" and it is a good novel so far. I'm almost done with it and am anxious to see what the book has in store for me in the end of the story. I did mention that it is a sad novel, but I'll rephrase that it is more of an interesting narrative story with well-descriptive characters that are dealing with a tragedy so it doesnt need any box of tissues. I'm not sure what will I read next, and I haven't bought a book in a long time because I always borrow books from family members and friends.

Yesterday I purchased 'The Appeal' by John Grisham. Hardcover.

i guess ill join this thread, despite to my recent new thread that apparently turned out to be a "repost." As I repeat that I am currently reading "The Lovely Bones" and it is a good novel so far. I'm almost done with it and am anxious to see what the book has in store for me in the end of the story. I did mention that it is a sad novel, but I'll rephrase that it is more of an interesting narrative story with well-descriptive characters that are dealing with a tragedy so it doesnt need any box of tissues. I'm not sure what will I read next, and I haven't bought a book in a long time because I always borrow books from family members and friends.

I have that novel on my list of books to be read. I look forward to reading it.

My current book is....playboy special edition. I have been reading it too long my eyes got messed up crossed eyes badly!

Just kidding.... I don't like to read books. Sometime I do but lose my interest in reading books.

P.s. I do read alldeaf.com. It's kinda of my book hehe

I have that novel on my list of books to be read. I look forward to reading it.

I just finished the book today, and I really liked it. It's quite a heartfelt story. Now, I gotta figure out what to read next. Any suggestions, peeps?

The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro

KazuoIshiguro_TheRemainsOfTheDay.jpg

This novel is a masterpiece. You'll love it!!

i read lovely bones yes it was sad book but really good that i wouldn't put it down read it all day in one day

I have no choice but to buy textbooks for my classes :( They re so expensive LOL.

Aside from school, I brought Ben Bova's 'Saturn" last month and haven't time to read it. heh.
Have you thought about using the books from the library instead? What about only getting the book when you really need it (if it's just for a couple days).

I got a book for class at community college once. The professor assigned us two books required for the course. One was a guide and one was a collection of short stories. I bought the guide right away since we were going to use it for the whole semester. However, the other book was mostly discussed during class... so I had no need to read it right away. We did have an assignment during the middle of the semester where we had to read several short stories and write a 5-page paper on one story. So, I waited until a few days the paper was due and bought the book from the bookstore. I finished the paper the next day and returned the book since I had no further need for it. Instead of getting some money from their "buyback" option, I got a full refund. ;)

Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge: The Book of Mnemonic Devices by Rod L. Evans

Ah, yes EGBDF for the music (my best friend taught me abit about piano playing when we were little). I heard of the old one that says "Every Good Boy Do Fine" but I also heard much newer one and much better one, in my opinion... "Empty Garbage Before Dad Flips".

Back