What Books Have You Recently Purchased?

I love books, when Ive got the time to sit down and read them. I just love words on a page as it's evident by the fact that I was editor of my high school's newspaper and I was a Journalism Major whilst in college. I was working on a thriller for a while until work, church, and AD consumed my free time (nothing bad about it, ;) )
I havent purchased any books recently but here's the list of books I have read thus far:
Body Language - James W. Hall
Mary, Mary - James Patterson
The Big Bad Wolf - James Patterson
Cross - James Patterson
The Testament - John Grisham
Bleachers - John Grisham
The Pelican Brief - John Grisham
Along Came a Spider - James Patterson
A Time to Kille - John Grisham
The Firm - John Grisham
The Client - John Grisham
The Rainmaker - John Grisham
The Runaway Jury - John Grisham
The Brethren - John Grisham
The Summons - John Grisham
The King of Torts - John Grisham
Little Women - Louisa May Alcott
Little Men - Louisa May Alcott
A Raisin in the Sun - Lorriaine Hansberry
The Outsiders - S. E. Hinton
To Kill A Mockingbird - Harper Lee
Romeo & Juilet
Hamlet
Macbeth
Much Ado About Nothing
Julius Ceasar -
and yes I actually did enjoy Shakespeare - the script was dry but the plots were often interesting. Back on track:
Marley & Me - John Grogan
Books I have gotten as gifts and looking forward to reading:
Pop Goes the Weasel - James Patterson
Book of the Dead - Patricia Cromwell
Lifegaurd - James Patterson with Andrew Gross
Step On A Crack - James Patterson with Michael Ledwidge
The Innocent Man - John Grisham
Those last books are basically my 2008 book list.

Dixie, welcome to deaf book club!!! Great list you got...I can't name all mine in here. Appox 3,000 to list or more haha...

The Outsiders and Rumble Fish from S. E. Hinton are my most favorites book in my teen years. I have the DVD of The Outsiders. These boys in the movie are my babes, lol...

wow dixie great
i have too much to list ha i have probably over 2,000 books but i am selling them but i am saving some of my favorite books :D

Dixie, welcome to deaf book club!!! Great list you got...I can't name all mine in here. Appox 3,000 to list or more haha...

The Outsiders and Rumble Fish from S. E. Hinton are my most favorites book in my teen years. I have the DVD of The Outsiders. These boys in the movie are my babes, lol...

Yes, I remember the Outsiders and Rumble Fish movie from the book by S.E. Hinton those guys were babes hehehe..

In high school, I read a lot of Jackie Collin books, mostly about Hollywood life about handsome men and beautiful women with rich lifestyles.

Have you tried half.com? I got some great deals on my books for college there.

Yes, I remember the Outsiders and Rumble Fish movie from the book by S.E. Hinton those guys were babes hehehe..

In high school, I read a lot of Jackie Collin books, mostly about Hollywood life about handsome men and beautiful women with rich lifestyles.

Yea, I read one of her book once but not till I was older. Mostly my mom gave me books on Judy Blume. She won't let read anything like Jackie Collins when I was in early teens. I know why later on when I got older. Too much sex and fame...

Yea, I read one of her book once but not till I was older. Mostly my mom gave me books on Judy Blume. She won't let read anything like Jackie Collins when I was in early teens. I know why later on when I got older. Too much sex and fame...

I remember Judy Blume books growing up. I had to sneak those Jackie Collins from my mom. It was my best friend who snatched them away from her mom LOL.. she would read them then pass it to me for reading heheehee

Last edited:
oooo lol OB7 i bet these judy collins books are good smile

Beware moonflower. I am gonna warn ya, too much sex and fame, nothing like any cozy romantic novels. Haha....

Ocean, I would say you are lucky lol. I was like maybe 25 years old when I first read Jackie Collie, lol. I borrow from a friend. She was addict to Jackie Collins. I was like whoa....Jeeze. What kind of lifesyles they got!!! But these men sound sexy huh? It make you melt hahaha...whooo hotties hahaha....we will need a fan...

lol restless i love romance books as well even they have some sex in the book haha i know i am just teasing OB lol

Beware moonflower. I am gonna warn ya, too much sex and fame, nothing like any cozy romantic novels. Haha....

Ocean, I would say you are lucky lol. I was like maybe 25 years old when I first read Jackie Collie, lol. I borrow from a friend. She was addict to Jackie Collins. I was like whoa....Jeeze. What kind of lifesyles they got!!! But these men sound sexy huh? It make you melt hahaha...whooo hotties hahaha....we will need a fan...

Yes, I had no clue what I was read LOL.. My best friend 's mom read books like water. My best friend, read Jackie Collins and said to me , " You have to read this" I said, "ok , cool". There were addicting books after wowie. I was a senior in hs when I read those books already leaving hs during that year.

I remember Judy Blume books growing up. I had to sneak those Jackie Collins from my mom. It was my best friend who snatched them away from her mom LOL.. she would read them then pass it to me for reading heheehee

Ah, I know Jackie Collins books, boy she can tell a good novel. I like the one she did with her novel on "Hollywood Wives". Damn good book. ha

lol restless i love romance books as well even they have some sex in the book haha i know i am just teasing OB lol

I know. It is almost like hardcore...ask ocean & tigermom...

Ah, I know Jackie Collins books, boy she can tell a good novel. I like the one she did with her novel on "Hollywood Wives". Damn good book. ha

I don't remember what I have read, I have to see the bookcover and rem...I remember it had some violence in it...it came out in like 1996 or 97. That one is what I read...

GTM, I read "Rock Star". Yes, those books are sure filled with passion and steam :laugh2:

I love books, when Ive got the time to sit down and read them. I just love words on a page as it's evident by the fact that I was editor of my high school's newspaper and I was a Journalism Major whilst in college. I was working on a thriller for a while until work, church, and AD consumed my free time (nothing bad about it, ;) )
I havent purchased any books recently but here's the list of books I have read thus far:
Body Language - James W. Hall
Mary, Mary - James Patterson
The Big Bad Wolf - James Patterson
Cross - James Patterson
The Testament - John Grisham
Bleachers - John Grisham
The Pelican Brief - John Grisham
Along Came a Spider - James Patterson
A Time to Kille - John Grisham
The Firm - John Grisham
The Client - John Grisham
The Rainmaker - John Grisham
The Runaway Jury - John Grisham
The Brethren - John Grisham
The Summons - John Grisham
The King of Torts - John Grisham
Little Women - Louisa May Alcott
Little Men - Louisa May Alcott
A Raisin in the Sun - Lorriaine Hansberry
The Outsiders - S. E. Hinton
To Kill A Mockingbird - Harper Lee
Romeo & Juilet
Hamlet
Macbeth
Much Ado About Nothing
Julius Ceasar -
and yes I actually did enjoy Shakespeare - the script was dry but the plots were often interesting. Back on track:
Marley & Me - John Grogan
Books I have gotten as gifts and looking forward to reading:
Pop Goes the Weasel - James Patterson
Book of the Dead - Patricia Cromwell
Lifegaurd - James Patterson with Andrew Gross
Step On A Crack - James Patterson with Michael Ledwidge
The Innocent Man - John Grisham
Those last books are basically my 2008 book list.

WOW,, I have heard of them all.. I also had lot of shakespeare in high schools too were pretty good. I do love the book on Mary Louise Alcott on "little women" that a damn good book. :)

I know. It is almost like hardcore...ask ocean & tigermom...

I don't remember what I have read, I have to see the bookcover and rem...I remember it had some violence in it...it came out in like 1996 or 97. That one is what I read...

Yep she also had her book turned in to a movie too.

ooo i found out my library carry jackie collins LUCKY i better off to get those books hehehehehehe

AH yes yes,, I remember that book Outsiders and Rumble Fish.. good books of the 80 s and the movies they made from the book. It pretty good!

Recently bought Eggers' What Is The What (soooo good), Palahniuk's Rant and pre-ordered Dan Harrington's Harrington on No-Limit Cash Games

If were to purchase a book today to read I would probably get The Appeal by John Grisham or even possibly The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet - I have another one of his books laying around but have yet to read it.

Back