What Books Have You Recently Purchased?

4159NTKBR9L._SS500_.jpg

:D Can't wait to read it!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah, books... my guilty pleasure. I could easily blow an entire paycheck on some if I didn't have the discipline. This is for 2010, so far. Anyone wants to join me in book rehab? :)

As a Man Thinketh - James Allen
The China Study: The Most Comprehensive Study of Nutrition Ever Conducted and the Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss and Long-term Health - T. Colin Campbell
Unlimited Power - Anthony Robbins
Awaken the Giant Within - Anthony Robbins
The Fifth Sacred Thing - Starhawk
Loneliness: Human Nature and the Need for Social Connection - John T. Cacioppo, William Patrick
Nice Girls Don't Get Rich: 75 Avoidable Mistakes Women Make with Money - Lois P. Frankel (Ironic, much?)
Empress Orchid - Anchee Min
Duct Tape Marketing: The World's Most Practical Small Business Marketing Guide - John Jantsch
Grace and Grit: Spirituality and Healing in the Life and Death of Treya Killam Wilber - Ken Wilber
Escape from Cubicle Nation: From Corporate Prisoner to Thriving Entrepreneur - Pamela Slim
10,001 Ways to Live Large on a Small Budget - The Writers of Wise Bread

To make myself feel better, there are two more books that I've read/I'm reading for free online. Check them out if you are interested:

The Autobiography of a Yogi - Paramhansa Yogananda
Autobiography of a Yogi, by Paramhansa Yogananda - Crystal Clarity Publishers

Deschooling Society - Ivan Illich
DESCHOOLING SOCIETY

I found these on my back steps of my local library (free books!):

The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley
The Likeness by Tana French
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
The Savage Detectives by Roberto Bolano
Talk to the Hand by Lynn Truss

Already done with the book posted above :D Been busy bee reading away...

Now going onto BEAUTIFUL CHILD by Torey Hayden

Got back from the book store just now with an amazing picture book with cats!!! (duh!) :D

Then I also got a book for my godson's third birthday at the end of the month about numbers, letters and colors ;) I'll have some fun teaching him those...

I have the long version. He is an interesting man. :)

I take it I should read it then... LOL... I'm a sucker recently when it comes to reading something "interesting" :giggle:

Got back from the book store just now with an amazing picture book with cats!!! (duh!) :D

Then I also got a book for my godson's third birthday at the end of the month about numbers, letters and colors ;) I'll have some fun teaching him those...

I take it I should read it then... LOL... I'm a sucker recently when it comes to reading something "interesting" :giggle:

If you don't like it you can blame me!:giggle: You could always skip through it if parts bore you. I love reading about people. Most of my favorite books are books about people, memoirs or just books that teach me something. I do like some braindead books too though.:lol:

If you don't like it you can blame me!:giggle: You could always skip through it if parts bore you. I love reading about people. Most of my favorite books are books about people, memoirs or just books that teach me something. I do like some braindead books too though.:lol:

I'm more into French and Russian literature... most of the time... but I felt like I needed a change several months ago so I settled down with several non-literary books. I love Marc Levy, Torey Hayden and Patricia Cornwell's books. I still got some Paulo Coelho books to read too... urgh...:roll: Too many books and so little time... :D

I got "Still Alice" by Lisa Genova and "God Bless you, Dr. Kevorkian" by Kurt Vonnegut.

I never thought of going to Goodwill to buy books! I stop buying books as they cost so much money . I go the public library to get my books. I will check out the Goodwill near me !

I'm currently reading [ame=http://www.amazon.com/CLEO-Cat-Who-Mended-Family/dp/080653303X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1275221998&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: CLEO: The Cat Who Mended a Family (9780806533032): Helen Brown: Books[/ame]

Excellent for cat (and non-cat) lovers :D Heart wrenching yet sweet written book... you totally feel with the author of this book!

Bought and read a book called "The road" by McCharty to improve my english. Great book and can recommend it, but wow, that book was dark.

Bought and read a book called "The road" by McCharty to improve my english. Great book and can recommend it, but wow, that book was dark.

This is my most recent purchase too. Bought 2nd hand at Goodwill for .99. Really good read,dark tale with very interesting writing style. I'm now on the look out for others written by McCarthy.

Bought one a few months ago at a Goodwill store for a few bucks.

Einstein: A Life

cover

This is my most recent purchase too. Bought 2nd hand at Goodwill for .99. Really good read,dark tale with very interesting writing style. I'm now on the look out for others written by McCarthy.

The writing style was amazing. I rented the movie, "No country for old men" after reading "The Road". The movie was very good, but after watching it, I realized I should perhaps have read the book, but too late now as I know what happens in the end :)

The writing style was amazing. I rented the movie, "No country for old men" after reading "The Road". The movie was very good, but after watching it, I realized I should perhaps have read the book, but too late now as I know what happens in the end :)

The Road was really haunting .... left me depressed.

Back