What are you thinking about? Part VIII

Had a very rough visit with mom the past few days. Her ability to remember new things is shot. She's been living alone for many years now, and hasn't been as active lately. I'm glad I got to take my girls to see her and see my hometown again, but it was a really hard. My sister's going to take her to look at assisted living places closer to her this week. It'll be closer for me as well. I know it's necessary, but not looking forward to that.

Mom can still get around and do her daily routine. She took a load of trash to the dump on her own in the pickup. I was a little worried because it's about a 20 minute drive mostly interstate to get there. But she got back OK. Even said that she want's to move to the dump - "No one talks to you or bothers you. They just leave you alone." She's really irritated with herself as well; she can't tell what she's forgotten, but knows when people are repeating things.

I'm so sorry... It's never easy watching people go through that. We watched my mom wither away when she had cancer, and it was horrible. She made a miraculous recovery and it certainly made me realize time with her is precious, but it scares me to realize that it can all go south in a matter of seconds.

It's not her fault what's going on and it sucks that she is feeling down about herself... :( Maybe if she can settle in there, they can help her feel comfortable and slow down the memory loss.

Either way, I'm praying for you guys. <3 Hope it gets better for you all!

I'm sorry, Soulchill. My dad has Alzheimers, so I totally get what you are writing about. Just last week I had to change out the smoke alarm batteries because he and my mom forgot, and one of them was beeping. I was of no help in determining which one it was, but I changed them all anyway. And the beeping still continued! I figured out it was the carbon monoxide detector. And just five mere minutes later, my dad had already forgotten that I'd changed the batteries. Mom forgets everything too, even though she doesn't have Alzheimers (at least not diagnosed with it anyway); they often let the dog out on her leash and forget to bring her back in. In these single digit temps (I'm in Minnesota,) the poor dog is freezing out there. So I go let the dog back in. So many things. I have been staying with them for about the past month, and I see they really need some help. I'm not sure what to do about it because I know mom would never go to assisted living just yet, but I think Dad might need to. But she would not agree to that.

I am back to my hometown for the holidays,i wanted to see my old bestfriends so much but was so worried about it because they are all hearing and i thought it would be hard for me.But i got really sick of it and wrote all of them and i am very proud of myself now and i'll see them and i am so happy about it,hope everything goes well!

I am thinking about lunch tomorrow for my birthday! Chicago style pizza mmmm mmmmm my first time , I am a virgin at this lol

I am thinking about lunch tomorrow for my birthday! Chicago style pizza mmmm mmmmm my first time , I am a virgin at this lol

A virgin!?!? :naughty:

Oh, a Chicago-style pizza virgin? Well, hopefully, it is a first great Chicago-style pizza for you!

Motivated by Rio's post. I decided to settle on this delicious calzone from a local Italian restaurant.

A virgin!?!? :naughty:

Oh, a Chicago-style pizza virgin? Well, hopefully, it is a first great Chicago-style pizza for you!
I knew that would catch an eye :lol: Yes, my first time eating a Chicago -style pizza and very excited!

Hope everyone had a fun New Year.... and 2018 will be a good year for everyone. :)

Wishing work was finished, I start work at 2am, it’s not even 5am yet

On vacation, being a full-time bulldog mommy. I am loving it .

How can one person not get tired of sending Happy New Year gifs ? She’s sending me like 10 of them , weird!

Back