What are you thinking about? Part VIII

LOL...(at AlleyCat)...I get up 2 or 3 times nightly to go to the "loo"...(bathroom)...Friend came over one day...saying she got a lot of those "Night-time Depends" on sale and wanted to know if I wanted some....LOL...I declined...I could not sleep with wet panties or those "diapers" on...

I bought a regular twin bed with borders, and glad that I did. Kids grow quickly.

That's why we bought a twin bed with wood slats for him. I've seen way too many toddler beds on craigslist. Yes, kids do grow quickly.

I had 5 different beds when I was child until I got first queen bed when I was 10 years old, so continued until I was 23 years old when mattress went bad.

Queen sized beds for kids?

All I ever got was a twin... up to and through high school. After finishing college (with twin beds in dorms lol), I went to full size. Never had a Queen unless I either was visiting/living at parents' or 'babysitting' belongings of a friend (did that one year...don't ask..).

I had a king-sized waterbed when I was in my fifties, but when I lost my wife, I got rid of it.

Queen sized beds for kids?

All I ever got was a twin... up to and through high school. After finishing college (with twin beds in dorms lol), I went to full size. Never had a Queen unless I either was visiting/living at parents' or 'babysitting' belongings of a friend (did that one year...don't ask..).

I grew too fast and got tall so my parents had to put queen bed in my bedroom, so they thought that I will go 6'4" but actually I'm 5'11" so shoe put me 6'.

I had my first queen bed when I was in high school... I was over 6' tall.

LOL as a single 74 yr old I still have never had a queen size bed. As a kid went from toddler to twin. And stayed with twin as an adult until I got longer rails made for an antique 3/4 bed so that I could use a normal length special order mattress. The special order mattress was necessary because of the 3/4 width. I am still using that bed.

The 3/4 bed was brought over from Germany in the 1800s and given to me by an aunt when she sold her house and moved in with another relative. It was stored by relatives from the other side of my family until I got the new rails and mattress. The original open springs and mattress were only about 5'6" in length.

Queen bed is fine as long as you're single. If you're married and tall, king size is ok. I prefer TWO twin xl mattresses and twin xl bed frames/ wood slats together, so that's the way we don't have to wake each other.

My niece got her queen bed when she turned 3 years old. It's a long story. I didn't have queen bed until I got married.

My sister had a waterbed, and it was awesome, but it's waaaaay too much work. It leaked once, and it was so awful.

I used to sleep in king sized bed at condo in Florida and it was damn too huge for me, but no difference with height.

I love my queen bed. I never run out of room to roll over in. It's just me so it works perfect. (One of the dogs MUST sleep UNDER the bed. I don't get why.)

We didn't get our first queen bed until a few years ago, when I was in my 50's.
LOL...and you're still married!...Guessing too...if young couples only had a twin bed for the firt year or so...they would still be married...LOL

I love my queen bed. I never run out of room to roll over in. It's just me so it works perfect. (One of the dogs MUST sleep UNDER the bed. I don't get why.)

Me either...I had a dog like that too...guessing it's like a hide-away and they can't be seen.

I roll, toss and turn....so have a queen size bed. Plenty of room for my small doggie and I...

I grew too fast and got tall so my parents had to put queen bed in my bedroom, so they thought that I will go 6'4" but actually I'm 5'11" so shoe put me 6'.

I had my first queen bed when I was in high school... I was over 6' tall.

Ahh yes that makes sense for size. I suspect my nephew will or already has switched to a queen sized bed. He's 14 and very close to 6ft tall already.

Back