What are you thinking about Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter and I found that when we're participating on race day, the energy of the crowd helps us over some of the rough spots.

Also, my daughter makes each race a bit of theater. That is, she dresses up for the races, either with just some glitter, or feather headpiece, a tutu over her shorts or some other little touch of bling. For the Disney ½ marathon, she dressed like Minnie Mouse. Next year, she's going as Maleficent. :giggle:

Some of our local races also have themes that make them more fun. On Thanksgiving morning there's the Gobble-Gobble Run, and the runners wear turkey costumes. There's another run (I forget the name) where the runners get pelted with bio-safe colored powder as they go by. My daughter loves all that stuff.

Yeah I want to participate the kind of races. THis time is the donation to the LOCAL SPCA. Nothing special but serious run. lol

I always get giddy when I learn about where ASL students are currently taking their courses.

We have a similar problem down here but different critters. Owners of small dogs have lost them to gators. We know one woman who thought her dog was safe inside a fenced-in yard near the water. One day she heard her dog barking, she looked out the window, and saw a gator snatch the dog. Large gators can flop over short fences. :(

Another woman, one of TCS's customers, installed a nice Koi fish pond in her yard. She stocked it with large, expensive fish. She was looking out her window, admiring the beautiful blue heron standing in her yard. Upon closer look, she noticed it was swallowing a large fish. Ack! She realized it was eating her expensive Koi! She still has the pond but now it's covered with black mesh. The fish are protected but it doesn't look so beautiful now.

NO OH ! I bet blue heron could not believe it luck , I see herons at frog pond in my city they eat the fish or frogs. A neighbor of mine had a real sweet black cat named 'Blackie' and I warned the owner about the coyotes and foxes coming into our yards . The cat is outside a lot but the woman said the cat likes to go out . I tried to warn her and I thought of trying again b/c
there is less food for the wildlife to eat now. That is scary about the gator , that we do not have. But I am concerned about the fox coming so close to our building now . I notice I had not seen as many rabbits on our lawns , I wonder if they smell the fox or if they're in inside the fox.

NO OH ! I bet blue heron could not believe it luck , I see herons at frog pond in my city they eat the fish or frogs. A neighbor of mine had a real sweet black cat named 'Blackie' and I warned the owner about the coyotes and foxes coming into our yards . The cat is outside a lot but the woman said the cat likes to go out . I tried to warn her and I thought of trying again b/c
there is less food for the wildlife to eat now. That is scary about the gator , that we do not have. But I am concerned about the fox coming so close to our building now . I notice I had not seen as many rabbits on our lawns , I wonder if they smell the fox or if they're in inside the fox.
I think many of the rabbits were dinner for the foxes.

wondering if I'll get the job at Sam's Club. Did 2 interviews this morning, and manager told me there were also 3 other people that were coming into interview too. hmm. I've applied at a couple more places, and called another place to make sure my online app went through (she's following up with manager to see if they have a position that will work for me). Hopefully, something comes through!

Despite my bah humbug about early Christmas decorations & commercials, I've bought two presents already.

Despite my bah humbug about early Christmas decorations & commercials, I've bought two presents already.

I did too, and it not my holiday . For some reason we always cerebrated Christmas and Hanukkah growing up but we did not get 8 days of gift for Hanukkah . We got gold coins candy. I will have to buy some gold coins for my granddaughter before they're all gone.

I already put it on my Christmas wish list. :giggle:

I researched all of the models. Fitbit was rated the best and it was the cheapest. If you order it off Amazon there is a little chord you can buy for like $2 to keep it secure. It is really tiny but I am so so happy with it. I'm starting to wear a path in my carpet from all the walking.:giggle: About every hour I get up and walk about 400 steps like ten times a day which is over a mile. I swing my arms while walking. So far that has worked great for me even with my medical condition. I'm not concentrating so much on weight loss, just getting a little active.

Oh and Reba, if you get one you can add friends who have one. hint hint

One thing I was concerned about is how small it is. I can't read it very well. But, you don't need to actually read it since it is in sync with your IPhone or Ipad.

Wishing I was somewhere warmer. This cold and snowy weather is messing up my mobile Internet, and.it's moving at a snail's pace. :(

It would not be wise to let your pet stay outside at night b/c of the wildlife , they're being forces out of their habitat and looking for food in people back yards. The cops warned people living on beach to not let their pets outside alone b/c of the coyotes been killing people pets. Some stupid woman let her small dog outside alone and within 2 second she heard her dog crying, it was dead by the time she got outside. A coyote had gotten it and the woman blamed the cops for her dog being dead. :roll:

Good point ... but around here a fox usually stays out of sight. I've only seen 2 run by the house once after dark. Just have seen some people in this area leave their dogs outside chained up no matter how cold it is. A dog run through the yard last winter dragging a 5 foot section of rope. Figured someone tied it up and it broke loose and was trying to find shelter somewhere.

I am looking at a tattoo place across the street, and remembering that I went into the place BEFORE this Target I'm at now even came to be here. :P That was quite some years ago, though. This place isn't even 5 years old yet.

I am thinking the my plans for the holidays just went through the tubes. Ah well, taking deep breaths and thinking positive.

Also thinking that I will need to get a computer taken to the shop. Need to replace the hard drive and re-install the operating system, but not sure how to do and what kind of hard drive to get.

I am thinking the my plans for the holidays just went through the tubes. Ah well, taking deep breaths and thinking positive.

Also thinking that I will need to get a computer taken to the shop. Need to replace the hard drive and re-install the operating system, but not sure how to do and what kind of hard drive to get.

Sorry to read about the foiled plans, hope something good works out.

Good luck with the computer replacements, always a pain in the butt!

Last edited:
Good point ... but around here a fox usually stays out of sight. I've only seen 2 run by the house once after dark. Just have seen some people in this area leave their dogs outside chained up no matter how cold it is. A dog run through the yard last winter dragging a 5 foot section of rope. Figured someone tied it up and it broke loose and was trying to find shelter somewhere.

How horrible about that dog ! Did you help it, I would had. I had seen foxes in my yard during the day time , I was walking in the back yard and a beautiful fox came out of an opening in some bushes and he stopped in his tacks when he saw me. I stopped too and was admiring how beautiful he was and looking right into his eyes and the fox started look threaten and I realize was not suppose to look a wild animal in the face .I put my head down and backed away slowly and a second fox came into the yard. The first fox was bigger and I knew that was his mate he was protecting . I was only a few feet away from the foxes and if he was growling I never head it. We had a lot of apples trees in our yard and they could had been coming here to eat some then along with the rabbits . I never let my dog Marty out alone and I use to use a 6 feet leash and a wild life expert told it would safe to use a 4 feet leash so I could keep my dog closer to me b/c we have coyote and foxes going through our yard at all hours. The coyote out here are part wolf and bigger .

Good to see you around, Kristina....how's everything going with ur MIL?....and ur new house?

Thinking about what kind of phone I'd like to have, as people have verified my phone is dying, and will eventually stop working soon, and getting a new one is something that's going to be looked into.

Thinking that I cant wait for everyone to be OUT of the house during Thanksgiving week and it will be just the hubs and I ALLL WEEEK!!! WWWWWOOOTTT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back