What are you thinking about Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking how the #@!$ I'm gonna be able to save enough for my upcoming move this fall, because I have been spending the day checking apartments around the area, and you would not believe the prices some of these go for. They range anywhere from $535 all the way up to $2,000+ a month. My problem is that the cheapest apartments are on the South Side, and that region is too dangerous to move to. I may have to expand my search to either the Northwest Side OR to Evanston, and with the homicide earlier today, it's probably a good time to get out.

Crime is everywhere, even in places you'd least suspect it to be...('course you know that), but well-worth repeating....There are areas in my city that I would not even frequent in the day time, even less consider moving there for an apartment....burglar bars on their windows and loitering all day/night....

Perhaps you can find a place that has security?....or a place close by to a police substation?....and check with the manager to see if they allow sex offenders or those who are felons.....that's important....even tho' some of these people do slip thru the cracks....Checking online for apartments complexes is good to...they are rated 1 to 5 stars (as least in my city).....

My son lives in a complex that is very nice/clean on the outside...but requires security, and some are ex-SWAT....due to gang activity there....and crime (breaking and entering)....he has double locks on his door, is always alert for strangers too....Good Luck!

Crime is everywhere, even in places you'd least suspect it to be...('course you know that), but well-worth repeating....There are areas in my city that I would not even frequent in the day time, even less consider moving there for an apartment....burglar bars on their windows and loitering all day/night....

Perhaps you can find a place that has security?....or a place close by to a police substation?....and check with the manager to see if they allow sex offenders or those who are felons.....that's important....even tho' some of these people do slip thru the cracks....Checking online for apartments complexes is good to...they are rated 1 to 5 stars (as least in my city).....

My son lives in a complex that is very nice/clean on the outside...but requires security, and some are ex-SWAT....due to gang activity there....and crime (breaking and entering)....he has double locks on his door, is always alert for strangers too....Good Luck!

I agree...my neighborhood is very quiet and nice but crime does happen here as well. There was a gun point robbery at the liquor store nearby last night. Wonderful.

:roll:

Sleep. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

I am bummed because I found out yesterday from doctor that I weight 144. My sister is 8 months pregnant and she weighs 147! We are almost the same height!

I wish I weighed 144!

Wondering if its worth it to get a masters degree in library info science and jump out of field im in.

Today is 4 days post car accident....I must be old, I still hurt all over. Worst part is my right shoulder and neck, I think from the seat belt. I have a pretty impressive bruise. Should get some information about my car tomorrow.

I agree...my neighborhood is very quiet and nice but crime does happen here as well. There was a gun point robbery at the liquor store nearby last night. Wonderful.

:roll:

Didn't your car get stolen out of the driveway a few years ago??

Today is 4 days post car accident....I must be old, I still hurt all over. Worst part is my right shoulder and neck, I think from the seat belt. I have a pretty impressive bruise. Should get some information about my car tomorrow.

It will last a few weeks mine did. Maybe take pics of the bruised areas just to be on the safe side documenting everything.

It's scary hearing about some people that live in bad area or close to scene of crime.

I really wish you had gone to a personal injury lawyer. :(

I really wish you had gone to a personal injury lawyer. :(

absolutely.

this year.... I have 2 friends who got in car accidents (not at fault). they got a lawyer. because of NYC's strict and complicated procedure... they have to go to doctors, hospitals, x-ray/MRI/CAT scan for before and after (to prove that injury was definitely caused by accident), attend regular check-ups, etc. etc. and they must collect ALL documents. one of them had shoulder surgery recently and another one may need back surgery. his father was in the car too so he got chipped tooth and back injury as well. :(

in NJ - it's simpler. I feel bad for them but oh well... at least their medical needs are fully covered by someone's insurance.

Angel - you absolutely need to seek a lawyer to get everything covered by someone's insurance. my other friend got in car accident several years ago and is still not fully recovered from it. you need to get x-ray/MRI/CAT Scan and seek intensive physical therapy sessions otherwise your injury will only get worse and worse for years till your death. your lifestyle will be affected due to debilitating pain.

absolutely.

this year.... I have 2 friends who got in car accidents (not at fault). they got a lawyer. because of NYC's strict and complicated procedure... they have to go to doctors, hospitals, x-ray/MRI/CAT scan for before and after (to prove that injury was definitely caused by accident), attend regular check-ups, etc. etc. and they must collect ALL documents. one of them had shoulder surgery recently and another one may need back surgery :(

in NJ - it's simpler. I feel bad for them but oh well... at least their medical needs are fully covered by someone's insurance.

Angel - you absolutely need to seek a lawyer to get everything covered by someone's insurance. my other friend got in car accident several years ago and is still not fully recovered from it. you need to get x-ray/MRI/CAT Scan and seek intensive physical therapy sessions otherwise your injury will only get worse and worse for years till your death. your lifestyle will be affected due to debilitating pain.
Yes, I've used them twice, and TCS used them once. They made sure we got all the medical care that we needed without having to pay anything. We were honest with them about our injuries, and they didn't press us to do or say anything we shouldn't. Very ethical. What they did do was protect our interest from the other drivers' insurances who wanted to pay squat. They also made sure that we didn't close our cases too soon.

Didn't your car get stolen out of the driveway a few years ago??
Not shel but that happened to my sister. About 18ish years ago (niece was still a baby). Sister's truck was stolen right out of the driveway....and the entire family was in the house (I at least was there can't remember who else was visiting). They had those motion detector floodlights. Seems some idiot managed to sneak by and unscrew them just enough so that they would not turn on, wait til it was dark enough and bam gone. Never heard a thing (well I didn't obviously- don't know about the others). Her neighborhood was a quiet one around a lake- you don't expect that sort of thing happening.

She did eventually get her truck back- damage to the steering column if I recall was about it.

Yes it freaked the hell out of my sister and her husband.

Not shel but that happened to my sister. About 18ish years ago (niece was still a baby). Sister's truck was stolen right out of the driveway....and the entire family was in the house (I at least was there can't remember who else was visiting). They had those motion detector floodlights. Seems some idiot managed to sneak by and unscrew them just enough so that they would not turn on, wait til it was dark enough and bam gone. Never heard a thing (well I didn't obviously- don't know about the others). Her neighborhood was a quiet one around a lake- you don't expect that sort of thing happening.

She did eventually get her truck back- damage to the steering column if I recall was about it.

Yes it freaked the hell out of my sister and her husband.

Similar I think but if I remember right someone here on AD posted their car got stolen awhile back before you joined us here at the circus commonly known as alldeaf :laugh2:

So close, I could smell the money! :shock:

Just in case, you're wondering, I am very close to buying flight ticket to america! :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back