What are you thinking about Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find that some people that do not like going to a doctor. I don't .
At the time that Mark's doctor diagnosed his carpal tunnel syndrome and tennis elbow it seems that his doctor would have told him what kind of activities he could and couldn't do. His carpal tunnel can't be too bad if he can use the computer.

Anyway, when he first posted that he was going to bat some balls, didn't he know that he had carpal tunnel and tennis elbow before he posted?

Virginia motorcycle inspection is asinine and entirely arbitrary. First place I tried to get my inspection done, I was told it wouldn't pass because it had clear lenses on the front signals that the previous owner put on it, so according to Virginia law, I have to have 4 amber lens turn signals or none at all, so I just removed the signals from my bike. Now I'm told from a nearby shop my windscreen on the bike (Which is small and I would never need to see through) that again the previous owner put on, is too dark.. Why can't I get this freaking thing inspected so I don't have to ride paranoid of getting a ticket for a stupid little meaningless sticker?

Does VA prevent you from putting amber bulbs behind the clear lenses?

If the lid is up, the motor isn't running, so no harm.

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

Thanks ! But it sure would be nice if the person waited for the washing machine to finish it last cycle so the next person does not have wait to put money in it.

When did you get your medical degree ?

I have a medical degree.... and I can tell you that Mark suffers and has always suffered since day one from being here from a syndrome known in the medical field as hypochondriac syndrome. :shock: Don't laugh! It's a VERY serious syndrome known as thinking everything is the end of the world and more serious than it really is to get the pity and attention of others just for the sake of saying something! Common symptoms include over-exaggerating, self diagnosis that are always incorrect, making up symptoms and the dreaded pity parties! The only known cure for hypochondriac syndrome is to seek a real medical professionals opinion so they can laugh and give you a special hat.

Mark, just for some education for you.... :roll: The carpal tunnel is bound by bones and ligaments, a narrow passageway located on the palm side of your wrist. This tunnel protects a main nerve to your hand and the nine tendons that bend your fingers. Compression of the nerve produces the numbness, tingling and, eventually, hand weakness that characterize carpal tunnel syndrome. VERY rarely is it debilitating enough to cause weakness so severe to where it would cause an issue with gripping a bat at your age of 30 that couldn't be cured with some good old fashioned Aleve ( Naproxen ), Tylenol or Ibuprofen. The most common causes of carpal tunnel are Inflammation and swelling around the tendons, Fluid retention (e.g., during pregnancy) * Have you been Preggo Mark? :squint:, Wrist fracture and dislocation, Degenerative and rheumatoid arthritis, Hypothyroidism, Diabetes, Tumor and Aberrant anatomy. Of course there are more... but these are common causes. Typing at a keyboard in an office is or working on an assembly line are actually not as common of causes as people think and many people who contract it usually have done neither. You can get some relief by shaking your hand... ( Just FYI ) Wear a splint at night when you sleep... If you were diagnosed with it... you would have been told to do so. Also Mark, There is no consensus reference standard for the diagnosis of carpal tunnel syndrome. Meaning, a medical professional ( Hand surgeon in this case ) doesn't just say, "Yup, you have carpal tunnel syndrome." It has to be ruled out that it isn't anything else through a series of movement tests and other annoying tests. Not to mention to add on Mark, if you REALLY had carpal tunnel that severe that prevented you from that, I sincerely doubt you'd be on the computer as much as you are on this site.... Just throwing that out there... Carpal tunnel that severe is unbelievably painful... So could you do us all a favor and the people who have real things wrong with them and stop? We've all been onto your stuff for a while now... clearly.

Also, you were fine and dandy to go practice and then all of the sudden you come back and can't do it? So your doctor ( hand surgeon ) didn't tell you that you couldn't participate in these activities? ( Which if you were REALLY diagnosed they would have mind you. ) But you come back an hour or so later and suddenly say you can't do it? Oh, okay... :roll: Hypochondriac syndrome must be acting up again, you should get to the ER, stat.

But you have fun with that.

Does VA prevent you from putting amber bulbs behind the clear lenses?

From what I was told, yes. All lenses must be amber and the bike must have 4 signals or none, so I just removed the signals for the inspection, but now I'm being told my windscreen is too dark to pass. I'm on a ninja, if I'm laying on my tank and looking through the windscreen, I'm going to crash because sport bike windscreens aren't that big like you would find on some cruisers.

I said it before and I'll say it again.. I hate Virginia so much and miss Nevada.

thinking I might go for a swim tomorrow.... apartment pools nowhere near ready, and I've been in the mood to hit up a pool dang it!

thinking I might go for a swim tomorrow.... apartment pools nowhere near ready, and I've been in the mood to hit up a pool dang it!

How does the Neptune do for that? Anyway I think that is the waterproof one and that you have one?

I have a medical degree.... and I can tell you that Mark suffers and has always suffered since day one from being here from a syndrome known in the medical field as hypochondriac syndrome. :shock: Don't laugh! It's a VERY serious syndrome known as thinking everything is the end of the world and more serious than it really is to get the pity and attention of others just for the sake of saying something! Common symptoms include over-exaggerating, self diagnosis that are always incorrect, making up symptoms and the dreaded pity parties! The only known cure for hypochondriac syndrome is to seek a real medical professionals opinion so they can laugh and give you a special hat.

Mark, just for some education for you.... :roll: The carpal tunnel is bound by bones and ligaments, a narrow passageway located on the palm side of your wrist. This tunnel protects a main nerve to your hand and the nine tendons that bend your fingers. Compression of the nerve produces the numbness, tingling and, eventually, hand weakness that characterize carpal tunnel syndrome. VERY rarely is it debilitating enough to cause weakness so severe to where it would cause an issue with gripping a bat at your age of 30 that couldn't be cured with some good old fashioned Aleve ( Naproxen ), Tylenol or Ibuprofen. The most common causes of carpal tunnel are Inflammation and swelling around the tendons, Fluid retention (e.g., during pregnancy) * Have you been Preggo Mark? :squint:, Wrist fracture and dislocation, Degenerative and rheumatoid arthritis, Hypothyroidism, Diabetes, Tumor and Aberrant anatomy. Of course there are more... but these are common causes. Typing at a keyboard in an office is or working on an assembly line are actually not as common of causes as people think and many people who contract it usually have done neither. You can get some relief by shaking your hand... ( Just FYI ) Wear a splint at night when you sleep... If you were diagnosed with it... you would have been told to do so. Also Mark, There is no consensus reference standard for the diagnosis of carpal tunnel syndrome. Meaning, a medical professional ( Hand surgeon in this case ) doesn't just say, "Yup, you have carpal tunnel syndrome." It has to be ruled out that it isn't anything else through a series of movement tests and other annoying tests. Not to mention to add on Mark, if you REALLY had carpal tunnel that severe that prevented you from that, I sincerely doubt you'd be on the computer as much as you are on this site.... Just throwing that out there... Carpal tunnel that severe is unbelievably painful... So could you do us all a favor and the people who have real things wrong with them and stop? We've all been onto your stuff for a while now... clearly.

Also, you were fine and dandy to go practice and then all of the sudden you come back and can't do it? So your doctor ( hand surgeon ) didn't tell you that you couldn't participate in these activities? ( Which if you were REALLY diagnosed they would have mind you. ) But you come back an hour or so later and suddenly say you can't do it? Oh, okay... :roll: Hypochondriac syndrome must be acting up again, you should get to the ER, stat.

But you have fun with that.

My ex husband had hypochondriac too. Everything he heard about a disease going around he thought he had or was going to get it.

If computer deck is not right height that can made your wrists hurt too.

Had a great long vacation in New Zealand, been on road trip with a friend from North Island to South Island. The South Island is very beautiful and it does reminded me of Western Canada. :)

Mmm..if I really want go out to a bar later tonight knowing it will be very late into the morning and I have to work tomorrow night!

thinking that I need to clean up my house before my friend arrives. Been neglectful to my house due to a busy busy week.

image.jpg

Thinking Emerald Bay Lake Tahoe is the most beautiful place in California. A must see for anyone thinking of visiting California. Had a marvelous day out with my hubby. We are definitely going back to beaches there, hopefully numerous times this summer.

Giant plus.....no waves to break my leg like I did in Maui.

Thinking...sick & tired of ads popping up here at AD...even in threads....so gonna take my PC to the tech tomorrow to see what's going on....don't have a problem with any other sites or my email...just with AD.......(started a few days ago)....

Thinking...sick & tired of ads popping up here at AD...even in threads....so gonna take my PC to the tech tomorrow to see what's going on....don't have a problem with any other sites or my email...just with AD.......(started a few days ago)....

No, it's not you. I'm actually getting sick and tired of always accidentally clicking on the one at the top. It drives me nuts, but that's one downside of having a touch screen, and a fully accessible keyboard.

Ads? Hm

But then I'm on the PC version-- the iPad app hurts my eyes :(. I also have Ad-Block (sorry Alex...:Oops: )

I would think though if you are now a Premium member that no ads would be a perk- but that doesn't explain what happened with RR...

Ads? Hm

But then I'm on the PC version-- the iPad app hurts my eyes :(. I also have Ad-Block (sorry Alex...:Oops: )

I would think though if you are now a Premium member that no ads would be a perk- but that doesn't explain what happened with RR...

They're not. They're a little annoying, actually. I'm sliding my fingers up and down, and I'm always clicking on the one at the top, which I have no intention of ever doing. However, I'm learning where the best places are to put my fingers so that I won't click on them, and I'm getting the hang of it now.

hmmmm....seems I've fixed it....??...only see ads at the top...and that's OK w/me...but not in the middle of the threads...dunnp actually what I did tho'....so don't ask!....:lol:

hmmmm....seems I've fixed it....??...only see ads at the top...and that's OK w/me...but not in the middle of the threads...dunnp actually what I did tho'....so don't ask!....:lol:

Were you not logged in by chance? On another forum I've heard the guests get bombarded with ads.

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back