What are you thinking about Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might want to PM her to inquire. :)

I am wondering where Alley Cat's thread about her house build is......can't find it as i don't remember the title in order to do a search....

Messing with quotes is a Bad bad bad thing. Can go to AD jail for that.

That is true some already have.
attachment.php

Attachments

• CB2194_jail.jpg
    CB2194_jail.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 48
No I just do not like my posts be fixed to say something I did not say. Would you?

Is there a such thing as AD jail? Oh wait...I see a pic of a man behind bars..maybe there is...:naughty:p

I thought MattB was just trying to be silly. He is new here so he hasn't gotten to know the "personalities" of many of the people here and what's ok and "not okay".

Give him a break.

There, I fixed it for you.

Something you have to understand here Matt... This is a Deaf community. Some Deaf people here may not have the same grammatical structure as others. There is no need to correct their structure... Others may have a very correct grammatical structure. Coming from someone who has a Masters degree, her insert of the word everything was perfectly acceptable. Being her previous topic was referring to vegetables, it could automatically be assumed that the word everything applied to vegetables. IE: You can throw everything ( any kind of vegetable ) into a blender. No correction was needed. While your correction was acceptable and either sentence could have worked, her original sentence was grammatically acceptable and correct the way it was, as well. Just be aware again, this is a Deaf forum and the structure of some peoples sentences will not be the same as others. Some of us ( myself included ) were born Deaf. It is just some of us had further schooling and while we do use ASL on a regular basis, we communicate with the hearing world for work and have the use of H.A.'s or C.I's. Other members may not be immersed in the hearing world or use C.I.'s, H.A.'s, or even want to be for that matter. They may come from Deaf families, with Deaf friends who went to Deaf schools where pretty much all they know and use is ASL and have no Voc rehab at all. We're all from different walks of life from different circumstances. This is going to cause various different sentence composure, structures, makeups and various spelling. Some people can't afford advanced education, some people don't even want to go... some people learn trades that support them just fine right out of high school... again, we're all from different walks of life, and that's just fine. Again, this is a Deaf site and sentence structure will always be different. However, the correction you made was not needed and was correct either way. Just remember as I said, this is a Deaf website.

^^ aisde from what Mew said ... if anyone should need to correct someone it should be Botts she's out grammar Nazi errr grammar Ninja!!! :D

I was talking about the list you posted you could made a smoothie out all the foods on your list. 'anything' is not what I meant . I hope you will unfix it b/c that is not want meant .
Please do not mess with my quotes anymore.

Fruity Pebbles cereal
Mike's Hard Lemonade
Key Lime Pie
Blueberry Cheesecake
Cherry Garcia ice cream from Ben & Jerry's
Strawberry milk shake mix
Bubbalicious watermelon bubblegum
Chill

I didn't take it as a grammatical correction. I took it to mean you can put ANYthing in a blender and make ANYthing a smoothie.

I didn't take it as a matter of grammar either — but just having some fun with all you can put in a blender.

Woops, looks like I started up a storm. :(

I should clarify what I mean. She mentioned about putting everything on my list in as a smoothie. I said I fixed it (by changing everything to anything) because I was being silly in pointing out that you can put ANYTHING into a blender and make a smoothie. Sort of like that silly meme, "Will It Blend?": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_It_Blend?

You guys are correct in that I don't know some of the personalities and I should be more careful about what I say on here until I do have a better grasp of the people here before I try to be too cute with words.

I apologize, whatdidyousay!, for the misunderstanding. I went back to the post and edited it so it wouldn't look like I had put words in your mouth.

I didn't take it as a grammatical correction. I took it to mean you can put ANYthing in a blender and make ANYthing a smoothie.

I was talking 'ONLY' about the food Matt had listed and that he could made a smoothie out all foods he had put on his list. I do not know why that is so hard to understand. Anything does not work in my comment.

Fruity Pebbles cereal This is Matt's of food and he can take 'everything' on his list to made a smoothie .
Mike's Hard Lemonade
Key Lime Pie
Blueberry Cheesecake
Cherry Garcia ice cream from Ben & Jerry's
Strawberry milk shake mix
Bubbalicious watermelon bubblegum

Fruity Pebbles cereal This is Matt's of food and he can take 'everything' on his list to made a smoothie .

Key Lime Pie
Fixed that for you.

so one key lime pie please. unblended.

Woops, looks like I started up a storm. :(

I should clarify what I mean. She mentioned about putting everything on my list in as a smoothie. I said I fixed it (by changing everything to anything) because I was being silly in pointing out that you can put ANYTHING into a blender and make a smoothie. Sort of like that silly meme, "Will It Blend?": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_It_Blend?

You guys are correct in that I don't know some of the personalities and I should be more careful about what I say on here until I do have a better grasp of the people here before I try to be too cute with words.

I apologize, whatdidyousay!, for the misunderstanding. I went back to the post and edited it so it wouldn't look like I had put words in your mouth.

nah. don't worry about it. you have nothing to be sorry about. we have FTFY'ed each other a bunch of times. this was definitely a case of making a mountain out of molehill.

fascinating ugly little thing, eh?
mole.jpg

Glad I can be flexible. Though I like things status qua, I can usually learn new things fairly easily. Learning my way around Apple OS & applications on my MacBook Air.

I saw a bat tonight ,how cool that was ! I have not seen one for a few years so it was good to know there are till some bats around. I saw an ad on TV for company that spray to kill bugs and pests and they said they killed bats too. I guess the bats are bad for their business and are telling people bats are pests . :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back