What are you thinking about Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shel, at any time are they planning on getting their own place, or are they with you for life? Or..... maybe, are you planning to ask them to think about getting their own place sometime soon? Sounds like you would prefer to have just your own family now.

Was this arrangement some kind of helping out while they get on their feet? I think that could go on forever if allowed. I'm sure it was nice with just your family, and you are not really complaining about your room mates. I'm putting myself in your position, and would never be able to live with another family in my house, that would drive me nuts, don't mind me. :lol:
I don't know if Shel would be willing to say publicly all the 'ins and outs' of their arrangement etc but I know of a couple who share a house with two roommates. They've had the house for more than a decade at least one of the roommates has been there from the beginning. I have no idea if they are renting the house or are owners- not my business to know either. Sharing the rent/costs helps. They've never had complaints. At least only 2 fur kids in the house lol.

I'm thinking about what should I do to get my PD meds. VA Express Scripts messed up my mail-order Rx so I will run out of my critical PD meds tomorrow (Sunday). Nothing is open. That is, the military pharmacies and clinics are all closed for the weekend. I hate being at the mercy of government medical agencies for my meds. I'm not supposed to miss or even delay this med, which I take twice daily. :(

thinking that I dont want my roommate and her two kids to return from Florida today. Was nice with just the 4 of us (hubby, daughter, son,and I) this whole week.
It might be time to help them find a way out of your house. It seems that they've had time to make other arrangements. If they can travel to and from Florida, they can find other housing.

Laughing at the Hedy vs. Heidi ASL videos. They are hilarious.

I'm thinking about what should I do to get my PD meds. VA Express Scripts messed up my mail-order Rx so I will run out of my critical PD meds tomorrow (Sunday). Nothing is open. That is, the military pharmacies and clinics are all closed for the weekend. I hate being at the mercy of government medical agencies for my meds. I'm not supposed to miss or even delay this med, which I take twice daily. :(

Oh, Reba, that does sound like a nerve wracking situation. Hope you can think of something you can do, I can't think of anything right now. Perhaps get advice from your dr office, but if there is no one taking calls, that doesn't help either.

We won't get any of our meds via mail just for that reason....messing up the script, or not arriving on time.

Anyway, good luck, hope some thing can be worked out!

We won't get any of our meds via mail just for that reason....messing up the script, or not arriving on time.

Unfortunately some people don't have a choice in how or where they get their meds and may be stuck with mail order. Kind of sucks. :(.

I hope maybe your doctor's office has an emergency number- sure qualifies as an emergency and they could call in an emergency script to a local pharmacy (the downside is the pharmacy may not have the med right then either).

I hope you can get it resolved Reba- what a time for them to mess it up...

Unfortunately some people don't have a choice in how or where they get their meds and may be stuck with mail order. Kind of sucks. :(.

I hope maybe your doctor's office has an emergency number- sure qualifies as an emergency and they could call in an emergency script to a local pharmacy (the downside is the pharmacy may not have the med right then either).

I hope you can get it resolved Reba- what a time for them to mess it up...

Yeah, Ducky, I realize that some people don't have the choice of how to receive their meds. The ins. company we're with is always trying to get us to go mail. We're holding off as long as we can.

That sucks. I wonder why so many insurance companies are trying to do that. Lower costs probably..(!?). I know for some people they love mail order- easier and more convenient especially if they can't get out of the house.

Still glad there's still the option of not going with that....

That sucks. I wonder why so many insurance companies are trying to do that. Lower costs probably..(!?). I know for some people they love mail order- easier and more convenient especially if they can't get out of the house.

Still glad there's still the option of not going with that....

Meant to tell you in earlier post reply how much I love your duckling avatar, no complaints on that one. :lol:

I'm not sure why the ins co want people to go with the mailings, seems to me it would be more expensive. We live very close to the pharmacy so that helps. For those who would have to travel, it's a godsend to go via mail, hoping all goes smoothly.

Obviously I don't anything about your insurance/medical coverage/etc, but I think I'd go to the ER to get them to prescribe enough to last till you can get to the VA pharmacy.

This is why I pay for Walgreen's Prescription Plan for my maintenance drugs. My insurance company wants me to use mail-order and I don't want to do that.

Thinking should we create a new part for this thread? :)

I'm thinking it was a close call but medical crisis averted!

After hours of making phone calls, we finally went to a Publix pharmacy down the street. They found a way they could make a stop-gap refill except they didn't carry that medication. So, they made a call and faxed the info to another Publix pharmacy further away. They said it would take about one and half hours. So, TCS and I went to lunch and took a walk, then went to the other pharmacy to pick it up. It was ready, we paid the co-pay (which normally we don't have to), and were able to get a small amount of the pills (all they had).

Anyway, I'm OK now until we can work out a better plan with the VA next week. :)

We want to quit Express Scripts. There's nothing "express" about it. We paid an extra $21+ for expediting a UPS shipment of my pills. We ordered them Monday, they were processes Wednesday, and as of this afternoon (Saturday) UPS had the shipment label but the package hasn't started moving. What a waste of $21.

I don't need this stress. I was in tears at the pharmacy. I hate being so dependent. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back