What are you thinking about Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gift taxes, in various forms, has been around forever. Death tax, gift tax, full taxable value of item, whatever chameleon form they call it. When you get to the bottom of it, whenever your networth increases, you will be taxed.
Just because it's been around doesn't make it right.

That's why I support the Fair Tax.

Especially in this case. There's another vehicle thats being introduced to their roads. They need the funds to maintain the roads.
Um, the bike is a lot lighter weight than a car. The more he rides the bike instead of a car, the less wear and tear on the roads.

The money from income tax, gift tax, and sales tax doesn't pay for the roads. The gas tax (which is high in CT), pays for the roads.

Just because it's been around doesn't make it right.

That's why I support the Fair Tax.

Um, the bike is a lot lighter weight than a car. The more he rides the bike instead of a car, the less wear and tear on the roads.

The money from income tax, gift tax, and sales tax doesn't pay for the roads. The gas tax (which is high in CT), pays for the roads.

Reba, I agree with you 100%. I hate hate hate gift taxes. The government takes a huge cut of what we earn. When my mother-in-law passed away we received some really nice jewelry of hers. I'm not going to sell it and make a lot of money. It will be passed down to my girls and hopefully to their girls after that. IRS makes you report it as added income and will tax us at 50%.

I'm thinking about how I've noticed there are some hearing people who uses ASL (to me, its like seeing simcom, not ASL) for their songs that are becoming viral. The more "likes" they get, the more they are asking to be funded with their new signing song videos. Language appropriation? :hmm:

Reba, I agree with you 100%. I hate hate hate gift taxes. The government takes a huge cut of what we earn. When my mother-in-law passed away we received some really nice jewelry of hers. I'm not going to sell it and make a lot of money. It will be passed down to my girls and hopefully to their girls after that. IRS makes you report it as added income and will tax us at 50%.
That's a nice remembrance to pass down to your girls.

It's a shame that such items are taxed. It's a real scam. :(

I'm thinking about how I've noticed there are some hearing people who uses ASL (to me, its like seeing simcom, not ASL) for their songs that are becoming viral. The more "likes" they get, the more they are asking to be funded with their new signing song videos. Language appropriation? :hmm:

I guess appropriation in this case means theft....can't figure what else.....

That's a nice remembrance to pass down to your girls.

It's a shame that such items are taxed. It's a real scam. :(

Well I hope my children give me grandchildren some day so we can pass those items down.

We work hard, save hard and are pretty frugal. If you get a little bit ahead the government taxes the heck out of you. I agree it's a "real scam".

I guess appropriation in this case means theft....can't figure what else.....

Yes... in a way it is. A "theft" of our language to advance their sensation.

Please take a look at this vlog. It talks about how it is viewed being oppressive as well. Just thought it was an interesting thought/pov. http://youtu.be/e6d9y-dKZeQ

It is my duty as an American to pay the super riches taxes for them. They are so thankful too and I really like their emmissaries in political office and how they make sure they are well taken care of.

My poor daughter had four wisdom teeth pulled today. She is at her house with her boyfriend and he is taking good care of her. But he just sent me a message that she is in terrible pain but also super nauseous. Tough situation since I am certain the pain pills are making her ill.

I'm wondering where my senior citizen roommate has gotten to. She went to an appointment, and then food shopping, but never returned back home, and she should have been back 4 hours ago, and there is some cause for concern, since it's past midnight here.

I'm wondering where my senior citizen roommate has gotten to. She went to an appointment, and then food shopping, but never returned back home, and she should have been back 4 hours ago, and there is some cause for concern, since it's past midnight here.

Uh Oh! Not wanting to be premature but will you or someone be calling the authorities?

That is nice that you are concerned about her. Does she have friends or family in the area where she could have stayed with? If she never, ever does this then I would be concerned also. Does she have a cel phone you can call? Hope everything is OK.

Uh Oh! Not wanting to be premature but will you or someone be calling the authorities?

Not enough information to do so. If I knew which building she went to, I could work from there.

That is nice that you are concerned about her. Does she have friends or family in the area where she could have stayed with? If she never, ever does this then I would be concerned also. Does she have a cel phone you can call? Hope everything is OK.

That's the worst part of it-- it's here, sitting on her bed, making her viturally unreachable, because she has Sorenson VRS on it, and since it's here, there's no way to reach her.

That's the worst part of it-- it's here, sitting on her bed, making her viturally unreachable, because she has Sorenson VRS on it, and since it's here, there's no way to reach her.

And her family (sister) lives in the south suburbs.

Sometimes you just ain't got no common sense. If there is an elderly person out alone past expected return time or schedule the authorities should be notified and the house staff alerted so a silver alert can be issued if warrantied.

Sometimes you just ain't got no common sense. If there is an elderly person out alone past expected return time or schedule the authorities should be notified and the house staff alerted so a silver alert can be issued if warrantied.

Problem is, we don't know what happened, but I have alerted staff, and they will handle it, since they're better equipped to do it than I am. And for issuing a silver alert, I'm not even sure what happened, so I couldn't possibly know if it's warranted or not, but I'll let them determine that working with staff. For now, I have done all I can.

Mark, I think you did the correct thing. Contact the staff and have them figure out what is going on with her. If she never ever does this then there is a big concern for her. That is really bad that she left her phone at home. If she is expected to be home by a certain time and is many hours late then someone needs to make sure she s ok.

Thinking of the chat hubby and I had over dinner. He told me that friends of his brother who we have met numerous times over the years, his wife jumped on her balcony broke her neck and died. I guess she was suffering with severe depression. We just found this out and this happened about 18 months ago.

Then he tells me that his brother just asked his wife for a divorce. They have been married for 20 years and have three teenage boys. He has been cheating on her for two years and he says he is madly in love with this new woman. I never really liked him and it sickens me that he is doing this to his wife. I'm sure his sons won't appreciate their dad cheating on their mom. Sad!!! Makes me appreciate the relationship I have with my husband.

Mark, I think you did the correct thing. Contact the staff and have them figure out what is going on with her. If she never ever does this then there is a big concern for her. That is really bad that she left her phone at home. If she is expected to be home by a certain time and is many hours late then someone needs to make sure she s ok.

That's the thing-- it almost never happens. She always returned back here safely, and she always brought her phone with her, in case she needed to reach me to let her in if she struggled to get inside. I agree-- leaving the phone here wasn't a good idea, but like I said, best to let staff figure it out. It's best that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back