What are you thinking about? Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
what stopped you from costs or not enough time or fear of being a wimpy?

too lazy to go :lol:

I don't feel like waiting for hours

that's ok. I have a medical insurance. the last time I went to ER, I had a very painful abdominal pain... had CAT scan, IV drip, shots, etc... the medical bill was over $10,000 but I only paid $100 for everything.

Awesome! My insurance is crap and ER visits are expensive for me.

Uh oh! Are you all right? Joyride gone wrong? Get to a doctor mister! :roll::lol:

I think I better listen to your order or I'll have another injury from you :ugh:

:io:

Wirelessly posted

Jiro said:
Uh oh! Are you all right? Joyride gone wrong? Get to a doctor mister! :roll::lol:

I think I better listen to your order or I'll have another injury from you :ugh:

:io:

It could end up permanent jk jk :P

Wirelessly posted

It could end up permanent jk jk :P

the-scream.jpg

hmm medical aid unit? urgent care? what's the difference with that and ER?

For me $35 copay vs $150 copay.
The wait would also, hopefully, be shorter. I was wishing my daughter's really bad earache had occurred during Medical Aid Unit/Urgent Care hours as it several hours in the middle of the night for her to be seen by an ER doctor.

Also the ER will have more "emergencies" to take care of ahead of you the the other places.

I just been shown some odd laws America have..1 dont drive with duck on your head2 dont sleep on top of outside fridge.
i wonder to myself did this noble country really put men on moon when you have laws like that:)

hmm medical aid unit? urgent care? what's the difference with that and ER?

At least in the NC and VA, we have places called Urgent Care that have extended hours. It's not a private practice, usually it's doctors that needed a second job to pay off debts or doctors without a private practice.

You don't know what doctor you'll get (like an ER), but they have rates similar to a regular office and generally have their own X-Ray equipment and even pharmacy.

At least in the NC and VA, we have places called Urgent Care that have extended hours. It's not a private practice, usually it's doctors that needed a second job to pay off debts or doctors without a private practice.
:ugh:

oh hell no! I don't want no overworked doc or doc in debt checking me out.

You don't know what doctor you'll get (like an ER), but they have rates similar to a regular office and generally have their own X-Ray equipment and even pharmacy.
yea I guess I'm gonna go to ER tomorrow. this hospital near my home is the best one I've ever been to. excellent care. excellent service.

:ugh:

oh hell no! I don't want no overworked doc or doc in debt checking me out.

yea I guess I'm gonna go to ER tomorrow. this hospital near my home is the best one I've ever been to. excellent care. excellent service.

No doubt! But they are a bit liberal with prescriptions...

Talking about ER cost. Been thinking about last week I went for MRI apt to get scanned on my right knee. I went up to the front desk to get ready for co-pay and I pulled out my debit card and she said, "Nope! Only cash or check" I was like "waaaahhhhht!!!" She said "we stopped using CC service year ago" and I didn't bring any cash or check and she frowned at me... HEY!! She didn't remind anyone over the phone to bring cash or check only!! So, she ended up calling the "money service" or something and gave out my CC# and such.
Then later, I made me wonder is it because of ObamaCare scare??? I don't know...

Talking about ER cost. Been thinking about last week I went for MRI apt to get scanned on my right knee. I went up to the front desk to get ready for co-pay and I pulled out my debit card and she said, "Nope! Only cash or check" I was like "waaaahhhhht!!!" She said "we stopped using CC service year ago" and I didn't bring any cash or check and she frowned at me... HEY!! She didn't remind anyone over the phone to bring cash or check only!! So, she ended up calling the "money service" or something and gave out my CC# and such.
Then later, I made me wonder is it because of ObamaCare scare??? I don't know...

No, they are charged for each transaction they make. Doctors offices tend to struggle to make money so that is probably why.

And anyone who has seen a younger doctor has seen a doctor with a ton of debt. It can take them 10-15 years of working to pay off medical school debt, which runs about 300k or so.

Thinking how amazing it is to keep this thread alive since 2009!! Wow! ^_^

Thinking.... since today is Friday... can't wait for the weekend to relax.

I want a job :( ... so I have something new to complain about :D

Thinking something had to have happened to Rockin Robin as she has been gone so long. :(

I am thinking if I should go to ER for x-ray tomorrow or not. I think I may have microfractures. I can't really tell but it felt like my tibia/fibula/talus (just an area between my leg and ankle) may have microfractures. it felt like it's gonna break when I put pressure on it. or maybe it's just a really bad sprain. last weekend - I had a little motorcycle accident. :(

nasty thing.i got broken bones in my foot at moment wearing special boot and bones pinned but i found sprain more painful and bad sprain can be more problematic than broken bones...You wont know until it Xrayed..

Where rr hope she ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back