What are you thinking about? Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever set out to do one thing, but you need to do something else first, which then turns into an all day project thus the original task never gets done ?

all the time

Yes, legit that is if Congress fails to come up with solution to Fiscal Cliff. What it means is that if no solution comes up on January 1st, the cuts to farmer for milk gets cuts automatically so farmers have no choice but to pass that cuts to poor American citizens.

There are two separate things coming due at the same time. The Dairy Cliff is because of an expiring Agricultural Law which will have us reverting to one from 1949 if not renewed. That one from 1949 has the Federal Gov. paying a tremendous amount of support and thus removing milk etc. from the market.

i think it is not fair about increasing $$ on milk. WHY. lots of welfare peeps using the food stamp on milk that costs more to each of us who are working and paying for it. :roll: i think milk's prices should stay low as much as possible.

Cant say not fair, however blame on these congress that promised rich people 20 years ago that they won't raise taxes on them. That part is not fair. I agreed with Obama, increase taxes on those who makes $250K a year or more.

i think it is not fair about increasing $$ on milk. WHY. lots of welfare peeps using the food stamp on milk that costs more to each of us who are working and paying for it. :roll: i think milk's prices should stay low as much as possible.

Cant say not fair, however blame on these congress that promised rich people 20 years ago that they won't raise taxes on them. That part is not fair. I agreed with Obama, increase taxes on those who makes $250K a year or more.

i like the idea what obama increase taxes on those peeople who makes 250k ayear or so. why not!

Does anyone know if it's only cow's milk that is going up? What about the non-dairy milks? I buy almond and rice milk weekly.

I am not sure, but I believe it applies generally on diary farm, which may include ice cream, cheese, etc that comes from milk product so it can easily affect them as well.

Does anyone know if it's only cow's milk that is going up? What about the non-dairy milks? I buy almond and rice milk weekly.

I would think that the way almond and rice milk could be affected would only be if there is enough increased demand.

If they renew the current program or pass a new one nothing will need to go up. Once again it is a matter of hurry up and wait to see what Congress does.

Wirelessly posted

I am thinking of our one year anniversary coming up in a couple of weeks :D mine and mio amor 's anniversary <3

I'm thinking this will be a good year coming up as far as the new house and MIL. She is offering to pay for some stuff that was not done. On Wednesday, her handyman will be here all day and will be installing all of our closet rods and shelves, and also grab bars for both showers.

Next month I will be putting in the towel bars for the bathrooms. MIL is also thinking of buying our 6 chairs for the dining table. Preacher from her church is having 4 guys from the church come out and move the glass top to our dining table. It will expand the farmhouse table from 2 1/2 feet by 5 feet to 4 feet by 7 feet. Much better for the 5 of us.

Thinking about the rumor that milk will go up to $6 to $8 a gallon. Anyone heard that rumor and is it a legit one?

December 30, 2012 5:08 PM
The top leaders in both parties on the House and Senate Agriculture committees have agreed to a one-year extension of the 2008 farm bill that expired in October, a move that could head off a possible doubling of milk prices next month.
(link)

I'm thinking this will be a good year coming up as far as the new house and MIL. She is offering to pay for some stuff that was not done. On Wednesday, her handyman will be here all day and will be installing all of our closet rods and shelves, and also grab bars for both showers.

Next month I will be putting in the towel bars for the bathrooms. MIL is also thinking of buying our 6 chairs for the dining table. Preacher from her church is having 4 guys from the church come out and move the glass top to our dining table. It will expand the farmhouse table from 2 1/2 feet by 5 feet to 4 feet by 7 feet. Much better for the 5 of us.

This is just great. But . . . I thought you had complained about the quality of your MIL's handyman's work. You will be living with his work for many years or having to redo it.

This is just great. But . . . I thought you had complained about the quality of your MIL's handyman's work. You will be living with his work for many years or having to redo it.

He's not always the best, but, he now has his son beginning to take over the business. The son called us and said that he will be doing the majority of the work as his father will be spending more time elsewhere due to a family member in the hospital.

Thinking or more dreaming of how to celebrate the new year. Get all dressed up, go out for a nice dinner, dancing and a nice big kiss at midnight.

Reality.... sitting in my recliner, ice on my broken leg, only music I hear is from tinnitus, falling asleep at 11pm if I can stay awake that late and a cuddle with my dog!!!
Heres to a HEALTHY, happy New Year!!

Angel1989, Thank you. I won't need the ice but the rest of the scenario - that's probably about right for me.

So another year before milk could double up? Guess that is good news but then again, we go through this again next year?

Most politicians like farm subsidies. They help keep food prices low and rural economies benefit. Representatives from conservative rural districts are happy with having the programs and those people who represent places with large number of poor people are usually okay with them, as well.

Thinking about my grandson. He has RSV and the flu. :(
Daughter is sick too. They're staying at her in-laws and I'm sure are getting care.

Wirelessly posted

Angel1989 said:
Thinking or more dreaming of how to celebrate the new year. Get all dressed up, go out for a nice dinner, dancing and a nice big kiss at midnight.

Reality.... sitting in my recliner, ice on my broken leg, only music I hear is from tinnitus, falling asleep at 11pm if I can stay awake that late and a cuddle with my dog!!!
Heres to a HEALTHY, happy New Year!!

Get well soon , Happy New Year ! May good health and well being be with you!

Thinking how I hate the fact that the practice our ENT belong to (just he and the senior ENT) merged with a larger practice last year (or the year before). Getting an appointment has gotten worse.

My daughter feels she's had another sudden hearing loss and she could not get in to see her Dr. He was "out", but they didn't even try to get her in to see one of the many other doctor's. She ended up going to the Medical Aid Unit and the doctor there gave her steroids. My daughter then tried to get in to see the audiologist and said they couldn't fit her in till FEB! I was able to get an appt for her at my audiologist for tomorrow morning. Well, not MY audiologist, but the one that is working in that office tomorrow.

If we didn't like the ENT so much, I'd start looking for another one.

When the two practices merged, the audiologist that I had had there and who was still my daughter's audiologist left within a few months after the merge. She now works for my audiologist, but at another office a little farther away.

It amazes me how uneducated ENT office staff can be regarding hearing problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back