What are you thinking about? Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of like the feeling kids get when they see gifts under the tree and Christmas is still days away :giggle:. But seriously, I feel for you Angel, it's an especially lousy time of year to be laid up :-/.

I am thinking that after shovelling our latest big dump of snow this afternoon, tomorrow I am going to be feeling muscles I'd rather not feel!

Thanks Journey your message made me smile!!!!

Is it just generally annoying to ask deaf people for interviews? because I have been ignored for a week now. frustrated and still in need of help.

Is it just generally annoying to ask deaf people for interviews? because I have been ignored for a week now. frustrated and still in need of help.

Why yes, yes it is... :lol:

You should watch Boardwalk Empire and Sons of Anarchy. Sometimes they get a bit violent, so if you don't like those parts you can just close your eyes like I do... On second thought, the Walking Dead is kind of violent so maybe you won't need to close your eyes. :)
Been watching SOA :D they put the last season on netfliks when the new season started, so I've been watching those. heart it. I think I'm going to watch all of Lost after, I never watched any of that :)

Every year at this time this site gets flooded with ASL students needing help with their homework. Usually their questions are very insensitive to us d/Deaf so most of us avoid their requests. Maybe you can attend a local deaf coffee social and meet someone who can help. Good luck!!!

Did anyone see the show "The Neighbors" tonight? OMG hubby and I laughed so hard. Last night was tear jerking TV for me with "Parenthood" and "Private Practice" and tomorrow night will be "Greys".

Sitting on my bum this long with my broken leg I am becoming a pro with my remote. Now if I could master online shopping that would be amazing. If I knew what to get everyone then OK, but not knowing is pure torture.

Every year at this time this site gets flooded with ASL students needing help with their homework. Usually their questions are very insensitive to us d/Deaf so most of us avoid their requests. Maybe you can attend a local deaf coffee social and meet someone who can help. Good luck!!!

Thank you! I actually met someone who gave me a lot of useful information. I think I prefer conversating in ASL rather than online, but I'm pretty newto sign language.

Thank you! I actually met someone who gave me a lot of useful information. I think I prefer conversating in ASL rather than online, but I'm pretty newto sign language.

Good I am glad it worked out for you. Meeting a deaf person face to face is so much better for doing interviews and such.

yea sorry, it is so annoying when the teachers gave the stupid questions to innocent students then make them to ask by annoying deaf people who have fascinating life. :lol:

Did anyone see the show "The Neighbors" tonight? OMG hubby and I laughed so hard. Last night was tear jerking TV for me with "Parenthood" and "Private Practice" and tomorrow night will be "Greys".

Sitting on my bum this long with my broken leg I am becoming a pro with my remote. Now if I could master online shopping that would be amazing. If I knew what to get everyone then OK, but not knowing is pure torture.

Yes, I love The Neighbors!

You should watch Boardwalk Empire and Sons of Anarchy. Sometimes they get a bit violent, so if you don't like those parts you can just close your eyes like I do... On second thought, the Walking Dead is kind of violent so maybe you won't need to close your eyes. :)

Yeah....was watching SOA last Tuesday night...and "Otto" bit his tongue off!.....ewwwww...and Jax giving his ex a "speed ball" needle shot....it gets violent in some scenes....but SOA is one of my fav's.

Yeah....was watching SOA last Tuesday night...and "Otto" bit his tongue off!.....ewwwww...and Jax giving his ex a "speed ball" needle shot....it gets violent in some scenes....but SOA is one of my fav's.

ahhhhhhhhh wish I hadn't read that. no plot spoilers so it's all good ;) Isn't he the guy in jail that keeps losing his eyes? Okay not quite, but one eye was already gone then he got stabbed in the other, with a broom handle I think?

I didn't know Siri on my phone actually spoke, I can't hear her.
Siri kept referring to my hubbies name, so I say..
"Siri my name is Angel can you fix that". Hubby starts cracking up because Siri replies "you want me to change your name to "Angel Can You Fix That"

If you watched the show "The Neighbors" last night with the etch a sketch, this added to our humor.

Am thinking of getting a Cap=Tel after waching the commercial on TV....I called for info., and they will send me some of their brochures.....Feel so lucky my speech is still intact after 50 or so more years.....If anyone has a Cap-Tel at home, would be nice if you would PM me and let me know if it's worth it....Thanks!...rockin'

I have a caption call, I think it's the same thing. I got mine free though, let me look and see if I still have the code.

Am thinking of getting a Cap=Tel after waching the commercial on TV....I called for info., and they will send me some of their brochures.....Feel so lucky my speech is still intact after 50 or so more years.....If anyone has a Cap-Tel at home, would be nice if you would PM me and let me know if it's worth it....Thanks!...rockin'

Do NOT have the landline version. But . . . do use Wireless Cap-Tel by Sprint on a cell phone. That version is for any cell phone with the Android operating system of 2.2 or later and being used in a 3G area. It does not have to be a Sprint phone. In fact, I am using a Droid Pro that is activated on Page Plus, a MVNO that uses Verizon towers.

Do get a few quirks at time but very usable. For example the last call I made was from our church basement that the stairs down into it have 17 steps; so very deep. Also, getting close to an area where you can hold a 3G connection but hard to get one if just turning the phone on. Also, I use a neckloop (can't understand words even with it but can hear when someone quits talking after answering so I can respond even before I have the full captions of what they said to keep them from hanging up because I would be slow to respond) and you have to press the mike button continually while you are talking. The gal I was talking to reported some breaking up that had me doing some repeating but we don't know if it was me accidentally letting up on the mike button or what. But it got the job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back