What Are You Reading Right now?

Depends what type of cook books. Are we talking Italian, French, American favorites, Mexican?

Just... cookbooks. I think I favor vintage cookbooks, cookbooks about frugal living and eating, and cookbooks with a focus on organic foods, but I just like to read cookbooks.
Favorites off the top of my head:
More with Less
Tassajara Cookbook
Nourishing Traditions
Nina Planck's books
Extending the Table
Simply in Season
the old Betty Crocker in a three ring binder

Now reading:
The Ballad of Tom Dooley, a fictionalized tale of the true story behind the murder that the song is about.

Simply in Season- a really neat cookbook
A gardening book,
Making it : radical home ec for a post-consumer world / Coyne, Kelly
Every Day Graces, a book of manners for families by Mrs. Santorum

Just... cookbooks. I think I favor vintage cookbooks, cookbooks about frugal living and eating, and cookbooks with a focus on organic foods, but I just like to read cookbooks.
Favorites off the top of my head:
More with Less
Tassajara Cookbook
Nourishing Traditions
Nina Planck's books
Extending the Table
Simply in Season
the old Betty Crocker in a three ring binder

Now reading:
The Ballad of Tom Dooley, a fictionalized tale of the true story behind the murder that the song is about.

Simply in Season- a really neat cookbook
A gardening book,
Making it : radical home ec for a post-consumer world / Coyne, Kelly
Every Day Graces, a book of manners for families by Mrs. Santorum

I like to read a lot of the ones from Food Network...I have an old yellow Betty Crocker box full of recipes that was given to me. I love the dessert recipes in that box. :D Happy Eats!

Cookbooks - Vegan Brunch by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and another called Cook It Light, Pasta, Rice and Beans by Jeanne Jones.

Currently I am reading “The Interpretation of Murder” by Jed Rubenfeld. I liked the whole idea of the story, but I didn’t feel like I connected with any of the characters in the story.

Picked up 9 books at the libraries today and also got 2 books in the mail from Barnes & Noble that we bought. I have a whole bunch to choose from, but I started with Love in the Afternoon by Lisa Kleypas.

A Brother Cadfael Mystery, and a book called Where The Germs Are, nonfiction about the germs and bacteria that make us sick.

Am reading it with my two teens in the hopes that it will encourage them to do a better job of cleaning up after themselves in the kitchen.

Love to reading most about the ghosts, mythology, adventure and fantasy.

Also, reading most books about the dark elf called himself "Drizzt Do'Urden" series is very good book. I know that author, R.A. Salvatore made a really good stories that he writes ever.

Multiple Books at Work

I am also reading a few books, but so far I have 2 main ones:

The Chronicles of Narnia Series (currently reading #2, the one that is the 1st movie made on the series): I have read the series before but I exhausted my list of books n was bored so I decided to reread them. It's a good series, especially if you are a fantasy reader.

The Hunger Games: I've been hearing a lot of things about this movie, and decided to check it out for myself before the movie came out. So far I am enjoying it immensely and can't wait for the movie to come out to see how it turns out!!

Before these 2 books, I had just finished a series called Vampire Academy by Richelle Meade. As someone who likes fantasy a lot, I really enjoyed this book and loved the main character (Rose) and enjoyed her sarcastic humor (I can only compare it to how Dr. House from the show House acts). This series kept me guessing and rooted to my bed or couch throughout all 7 (or 8) books. If you like vampires, humor, and fantasy, this is definitely a book to go for!!

All of God's Children and Blue Suede Shoes, a book about popular culture and Christianity
Montaigne's Essays
Finished the Cadfael mystery.
Reading Murder in the Gun Room by H. B. Piper, an older mystery that was free for my Kindle.

Just finished reading The Hunger Games trilogy!! Got to say they are really really GOOD!! Right now I'm reading QUIET The Power of Introverts in a World that Can't stop Talking. Its awesome so far :)

tumblr_lkwebcrwWb1qbmohmo1_400.jpg

Clive Cussler's The Chase and then The Wrecker...

as soon as I can pull myself away for the pc..

Back