What Are You Reading Right now?

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Before that it was A Thousand Splendid Suns.

I am re-reading some of the books my father wrote (no big sellers there) and I got myself caught up with my Bible reading as well.

Well, we've got a thread for recently purchased books, but that's a little different than a thread about what you're currently reading, for which none exists. I thought this would be a good place to post about what books you're reading and your thoughts about them, no matter when you purchased them. If you're like me, you have stacks of books laying around that you bought a long time ago but are just now getting to reading. If you're like me, you also read more than one book at a time.

Currently, I am reading a few books, but this is the main one:

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseni. I'm about halfway in. It's a good read so far. Not incredibly gripping, but definitely interesting. There aren't many fictional works about Afghanistan available to western audiences, so this is a good one to read.

So what are the rest of you reading?

i really love the kite runner, ive read it a hundred times and i still cry at some parts. i also have a tattoo because of it "there is no act more wretched than stealing"

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Before that it was A Thousand Splendid Suns.

I've recently read this book along with the follow on book 'The Girl Who Played With Fire'. I'm now approaching the end of the third book 'The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets' Nest'. In fact I'm hoping to finish the book tonight. Gripping read.

Fablehaven series. I started it because I still like to keep an eye on what my 13 year old is reading, but I am enjoying it a lot as fun,light, and fluffy stuff. I have 2 left in the series and I will so sad when I'm done. It will be like discovering the last chocolate in my Christmas stocking is gone.
The book of Isaiah in the Bible (my goal is to read it twenty times this year)
All of God's Children and Blue Suede Shoes, a book about popular culture
I have a bunch of books I'm reading aloud with my teens for school, but my favorites are:
Fierce Wars & Faithful Loves, Book One of Spenser's Faerie Queene edited by Roy Maynard.
The Cloister and the Hearth by Reade
Plutarch's Lives (we only read three lives a year, plus a comparison chapter, so not too tough).

I have a new book

I have just received a new book, SECRET SIGNS by T J Waters. I'm in the middle of The Persian Pickle Club by Sandra Dallas, and Maenads: The Loves of Leopold Singer by L K Rigel, a friend (on Kindle), but I have a feeling that SECRET SIGNS is going to be good. It's a mystery, around the deaf community. When I finish, I will be posting my review on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Goodreads. I thought I'd spread the word & see what y'all think, too.

finished "Enemies Foreign And Domestic" last week. now halfway done with "Think Like a Champion". next... probably either "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" or "American Sniper".

I am reading a book, "Michael Moore: Here comes trouble." It is an interesting story. I am not finished to read the book yet.

He made a big mistake to announce people and criticized them on his first speech about George Bush and others. Some people were real angry with him that cannot go back for his forgive. A few people want to kill him even George Bush is no good. Yikes. But, a few years later, some people realized that Michael is completely right because they were so blind for not knowing what was really happening in our country. So, you should read his book. I am not going to tell you the whole story. ;)

The Beyonders, by Brandon Mull, who wrote the Fablehaven series.
Does anybody else read cookbooks? I'm skimming through Extending the Table, by Joetta Schlabach.

Still reading the above.

I'm currently reading Shift - book 5 of 6 in the Shifter Series by Rachel Vincent...

So far I've been so impressed with the whole series (I read book 4 in 1 day and I bawled my eyes out) - I fully recommend it to anyone who likes urban fantasy (the story is about werecats... It's an Adult series so there is a lot of profanity hahah)

Before Boarders closed, I purchase a lot of books from them. But with school keeping me busy, I barely have time to squeeze in free reading. I just started reading Misguided Angel by Melissa De La Cruz. So far, I am at chapter seven, but nothing has yet to jump out of the book at me. Maybe it'll get better. Hopeful.

The Beyonders, by Brandon Mull, who wrote the Fablehaven series.
Does anybody else read cookbooks? I'm skimming through Extending the Table, by Joetta Schlabach.

Still reading the above.

Depends what type of cook books. Are we talking Italian, French, American favorites, Mexican?

Fallen by Karen Slaughter.

I also read a lot of cookbooks. I love to get different ideas and change them around.

finished American Sniper. just wow.

now... hmm not sure - Escape from Saddam?

Back