What are you doing right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reba, this probably won't help, but you totally inspire me. Going back to school is difficult enough. You have huge medical challenges but you still did not give up.

The only way we fail....is to not try at all.

I second this.

Hubby is talking to his sister in Chicago. Finalizing our plans for our trip. I guess we are going to see the play "The King and I" while we are there. Have no friggin clue if I will be able to hear anything. Other choices were for a musical or the opera, I chose the less of two evils. HAHA

Hubby is talking to his sister in Chicago. Finalizing our plans for our trip. I guess we are going to see the play "The King and I" while we are there. Have no friggin clue if I will be able to hear anything. Other choices were for a musical or the opera, I chose the less of two evils. HAHA

Angel1989, there is a theater here that provides amenities for the deaf. It's at Steppenwolf Theater, and I would highly suggest maybe trying to get something there? :dunno:

Have you read the play before? It may help to have read it......

Are you requesting interpreters?

Mark and Stevie....I don't know ASL so an interpreter would do me no good. I'm just going to go with the group so I am not a party pooper. Hopefully my CI will pick up enough so I can enjoy it.

Stevie...no I have not read the play before. Might try to do that before we go.

Mark and Stevie....I don't know ASL so an interpreter would do me no good. I'm just going to go with the group so I am not a party pooper. Hopefully my CI will pick up enough so I can enjoy it.

Steppenwolf doesn't just provide intrepreters. They also have captioning there, too. They have a lot of stuff for the deaf there.

Ew, that sucks. I wish there were captioning services for plays, or even a captioner instead of an ASL 'terp available. (EDIT: Posted this before I saw Chicago's post. Maybe check into captioning?)

All I can think of is familiarizing yourself with the material. At least then you'll have an idea of who's who, and what's going on. I've done that when watching stuff in ASL.

Best of luck.

Here is their information.

http://www.steppenwolf.org/Plan-Your-Visit/Accessibility.aspx

I used to be an actor in deaf theater, which is how I know this information.

I got it wrong, we are seeing the play King Lear. The King and I is a musical, I'm not going to that one. I'll have a quiet night by myself on that night.

This is the first time in over eight years that all of us have been together. Traveling is super difficult for me so they all know I can't do everything.

Just got home from playing bingo. Picking up the car from the shop was a disaster. I cannot believe they "repaired" it without actually repairing it. They forgot to replace the part! The bill made no sense, it was way too low, too good to be true, so I had to question it and it turned out they did everything but replace the part. Lol. They gave me a free rental car until they're done. Hopefully tomorrow.

It was nice they gave you a free rental!

I am preparing my lesson plans for ASL 1 and 2 tomorrow. ASL 1 is doing vocab and ASL 2 students have to describe their perfect date!

I was telling a city councilor that our city should not have to pay a deposit on bottled water when we already have recycling just so another town can get recycling . That is so nuts. The guy think he can made people think twice about littering by having a deposit on all drinks . :roll: He want me to vote for him as state representative . I was answering his email .

Just got home from playing bingo. Picking up the car from the shop was a disaster. I cannot believe they "repaired" it without actually repairing it. They forgot to replace the part! The bill made no sense, it was way too low, too good to be true, so I had to question it and it turned out they did everything but replace the part. Lol. They gave me a free rental car until they're done. Hopefully tomorrow.

What all did they find wrong with it and repair?

My friend and I carved our pumpkins.

Pumpkincarving_zpsee7a627b.jpg

What all did they find wrong with it and repair?

It is just the rack and pinion. The guys realized last week there's no oil or brake fluid leaking like I initially wrote. Just the steering fluid. Anyway we asked for an oil change (we normally do that ourselves at home) but since the car was in, we figured to let them do it this time and they did, plus the usual complimentary filling of other fluids and tire pressure, etc., and they did all that and then forgot the rack and pinion repair! Lol

It is just the rack and pinion. The guys realized last week there's no oil or brake fluid leaking like I initially wrote. Just the steering fluid. Anyway we asked for an oil change (we normally do that ourselves at home) but since the car was in, we figured to let them do it this time and they did, plus the usual complimentary filling of other fluids and tire pressure, etc., and they did all that and then forgot the rack and pinion repair! Lol

That's kinda loopy forget the main thing it was in for :hmm: LOL

Worstcutest-mechanic-ever.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back