What are you doing right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My city is trying to get the governor to free up 3 millions dollars of state funding money to get the landfill close the right way. I can't believe city waited this long to do this and the governor is not running again and who know what the next one will be like.

I hope your next Governor will get that closed and cleaned up. The City owns the garbage disposal site, so not much I can do about it except avoid the area. I hope at some point in the near future you will have cleaner air to enjoy.

Working from home while I wait for my iPad to be delivered.

I went out and is was way too hot to stay outside , it could get up to 90 today and be muggy too. Yucky !

Today is actually very pleasant-- it's in the mid-70's today, and an ideal time to get some things done today.

Strike that-- it's actually 71 right now.

Making plans for this afternoon. There's a couple of things I'd like to do today, and with it being cooler today, it's an ideal time to do a few things.

So, if your cousin Noel is there, tell him I enjoy seeing him on PBS.

Toys aren't my main antique interest, but he does a good job on Roadshow.
Sorry, Noel didn't show up. I guess family reunions aren't his thing.

We had a rather small turn out this time (about 33 people, I think). Some did travel quite a distance, even further than us. Not as many "young" people showed up, and sadly, some of the older folks have either passed or were recovering from surgeries. (Our host cousin is 81 years old but he still did an excellent job roasting the pig in his outdoor pit.)

Still, we had a good time. :)

After we got back from CT, I was digging thru some old photo albums and found some of young Noel (who is a few years older than me). I think they were taken at his parents' house and pool, and one at the family beach in CT. Back then, he wore his hair short, with side-swept bangs, and he had a Captain Kangaroo-style mustache. I thought he was cute. :lol:

Technically, he and my dad were first cousins (my Dad's mom and Noel's mom were sisters) but Noel was closer to me in age.

I stayed home today. Still sick. Trying to just rest. If I can feel up to it later may do some packing.

Still waiting for my package. Then, if it's not too late, I'll take the old eReader to the post office to mail back to the manufacturer.

Dropped Marley off at the groomer about an hour ago. The house seems so weird without her here. My youngest daughter is coming by after her dental appointment. If she is not too numb we are going out for lunch. Poor thing, dental appointment today, oral surgery tomorrow getting all four wisdom teeth out.

Dropped Marley off at the groomer about an hour ago. The house seems so weird without her here. My youngest daughter is coming by after her dental appointment. If she is not too numb we are going out for lunch. Poor thing, dental appointment today, oral surgery tomorrow getting all four wisdom teeth out.

Are you getting all four teeth taken out at the same time ???

I may need one of mine taken out . :Ohno:

Learning, yet again, how to use an Apple product. Got my son-in-law's iPad Air today.

about ready to take off from work, find something to eat and head to ASL class.

I just submitted a formal request for pothole repairs. Hopefully the size of that hole will get their attention in a hurry.

Update: the City has confirmed they got my submission, and they included a tracking number, and when I clicked on it, it said that it wasn't found, which I assume to mean that they've already checked it out.

Last edited:
Are you getting all four teeth taken out at the same time ???

I may need one of mine taken out . :Ohno:

WDYS....It's my daughter getting her wisdom teeth out and yes all four. Her boyfriend is taking her and hopefully will take good care of her. If not I am here for her. I'm going to take her to the grocery store soon and get her all the soft foods she needs.

I stayed home today. Still sick. Trying to just rest. If I can feel up to it later may do some packing.

31BTsOieXsL.jpg

Of course watching baseball. Giant's were losing 6-0 but got things going in the 7th inning. Now 8-7 Giant's over the Rockies. Wearing my Giant's shirt and hat that my daughter got me for my birthday. Hopefully it brings good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back