What are you doing right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waking up from nap

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

Drinking a Vernor's and watching baseball

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

Taking a break because I've been spending the past few hours taking digital photos of old analog, physical pictures. The past few days I've been converting old, analog photos that are stacked in multiple boxes and converting them into a digital format so the future generations will have access to them and also for backup/security purposes.

The process is arduous and time-consuming but it needs to be done. Probably going to take me a week or more to get it all done. I'll be very happy when I'm done, and I know the family will be, too. Some of the photos even go all the way back to the 1930's, showing grandparents as kids. It'd be a huge loss if somehow these pictures were to get destroyed or become too faded with age.

A scanner would probable be faster and probable even result in better quality.

I have ones that I know are from the 1920's and think a number are from the teens when a great aunt of mine was stationed in the Philippines as an army nurse.

I have not tried to do everything I have but liked a scanner for both prints and slides.

I tried the scanner method but the one I have takes way too long, about a minute per photo. It'd take forever that way. The quality isn't that much better over using a camera either.

It is old, so a newer model might do better but I can't afford that just yet. Down the line I might be able to get one, but for now this is better than nothing.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AllDeaf App mobile app

I tried the scanner method but the one I have takes way too long, about a minute per photo. It'd take forever that way. The quality isn't that much better over using a camera either.

It is old, so a newer model might do better but I can't afford that just yet. Down the line I might be able to get one, but for now this is better than nothing.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AllDeaf App mobile app

The bolded part is very true.

Mine is very old — has driver of XP including XP Pro but not later OS. It was considered very good at the time I bought it and is still doing a good job.

I just got back from helping a friend of mine upgrade his laptop security, and also make some changes, as well.

Reporting a video I saw on FB for violence. Shows a deaf woman abusing and putting a knife to her little's boy's neck while on VP with other people. Learned that she lives in California and went to California School for the Deaf. Sick sick sick!

:shock: and why would she do that knowing shes being taped! Was she on drugs or something?

Going to eat breakfast before I mow the grass again. Supposed to have bad storms later this evening.

Someone on FB posted we're under a tornado watch till 1am and a county north of us is under a tornado warning. I was out grilling a couple hours ago it was getting pretty windy and lightning a lot.

Someone on FB posted we're under a tornado watch till 1am and a county north of us is under a tornado warning. I was out grilling a couple hours ago it was getting pretty windy and lightning a lot.

Yikes, hope nothing bad happens there. I was in the house I'm in now when a tornado uprooted the huge tree right outside and the tree landed on the house, puncturing a hole through the roof and ceiling. Very scary, and loud, even without my aids in. The water damage was extensive. :(

:shock: and why would she do that knowing shes being taped! Was she on drugs or something?

IDeafnews posted it and there were lots of comments. Apparently she was angry with the guy she was VPing with and did that to her son to blackmail him into coming home. Yep, high on meth. Several people have called the police and they are investigating. Someone said that she went to hiding.

Meth? She is so F...ked up!

Sad, indeed! She could have stay on weeds and she will be fine afterwards, booze isn't recommended after all.

Meth? She is so F...ked up!

Sad, indeed! She could have stay on weeds and she will be fine afterwards, booze isn't recommended after all.

It is alllll over FB now.

Taking a brief break from studying for final exam.

Getting myself familiar with the SVRS website, cause once I move, I won't have a lot of time to change my address, which is why I need to know where to go as soon as the move becomes official. Then again, I could also do it on my ntouch PC and ntouch mobile, but doing it on the website is far easier to do.

laying In a dark room, listening to the dogs barking non-stop outside!!!

Good luck on your final!

Will be rooting for you :)
Your rooting must have worked--I got a 98! :D

What's really interesting on this exam is that it included questions from a chapter we didn't even cover, and no questions from a chapter that was supposed to be included! Uh, oh--that wasn't supposed to happen! :shock:

Someone (instructor) messed up.

:lol:

IDeafnews posted it and there were lots of comments. Apparently she was angry with the guy she was VPing with and did that to her son to blackmail him into coming home. Yep, high on meth. Several people have called the police and they are investigating. Someone said that she went to hiding.

:eek3: Meths the worst of all to be tripping on. Seriously screwed one way or another. Hope the kid finds peace and safe home and enjoy his childhood the way kids are supposed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back