What are you doing right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Mom! I hope she feels better soon.

can't see her original post but yank toenail off ewwwwwwwwww not nice hope get better

I appreciate the thought. :)

This is a humbling experience, which maybe I needed.

It does whack my timeline in a major way. I really hoped to graduate Spring 2015. I'm not getting any younger or healthier, and not all my required courses are offered every semester, and because of prerequisites I have to take them in a certain order.

The class ends at 11:59 tonight. I'm waiting for my instructor to email me back on my latest submission. I'm going to keep trying until tonight but I don't have much hope.

I got 5 A's, 1 B, and 1 C in this class but I'll be getting a zero for the last two programs. The grading for these programs will be "all or nothing" so no partial credit for trying. But I'll turn something in anyway. I may fail but I won't quit.
Another reason why I like Reba :)

yea it's gutting to fail but it just gives you more resolve to try harder the next time around :).

I'm still toying with the idea of going back to school but I have no idea how I'd swing it financially (considering WHERE I'd really like to go lol)...

====
Captioning at a live theater event? How does that work? I get maybe having FM system type equipment (and worth asking about if you do go) but I'm trying to figure out how captioning would work for a play.

yea it's gutting to fail but it just gives you more resolve to try harder the next time around :).

I'm still toying with the idea of going back to school but I have no idea how I'd swing it financially (considering WHERE I'd really like to go lol)...

====
Captioning at a live theater event? How does that work? I get maybe having FM system type equipment (and worth asking about if you do go) but I'm trying to figure out how captioning would work for a play.

If I had to guess, Steppenwolf has a screen set up in an area that's not distracting to the actors, yet is still viewable. Harper College in Palatine has one of those.

Amazingly, I just got my last two program grades, and somehow my average was enough to get a "C" for the course! Not a great grade but at least I don't need to take the course over. Whew! I can move on to the next course. What a relief!
I'm still toying with the idea of going back to school but I have no idea how I'd swing it financially (considering WHERE I'd really like to go lol)....
Where do you want to go?

Amazingly, I just got my last two program grades, and somehow my average was enough to get a "C" for the course! Not a great grade but at least I don't need to take the course over. Whew! I can move on to the next course. What a relief!

Where do you want to go?

what your subject reba...it do my heart good when I read and see the slightly more mature age person do this sort of thing

what your subject reba...it do my heart good when I read and see the slightly more mature age person do this sort of thing
My major is Information Systems Technology--computers.

Where do you want to go?
Really would love to go back to Gallaudet for a second degree; though I've heard unfavorable things about their Computer Science programs (it may be very old rumors/info though). I may look in to other places too including online avenues. Right now all I can do is free online courses like CodeAcademy (in the middle of javascript).

Information Systems Technology is more or less the goal I was hoping for.. mostly programming and databases rather than all this other stuff they add on engineering wise- seems like most programs these days are light on learning programming and heavy on other stuff (conceptual, math, statistics etc). A little I'm okay with but guess I'm more of a code monkey and terrible at 'creative coding' or designing something FOR coding lol. I am not great at coming up with 'ideas' to program/design.

It's a dream I may never realize though. But I'll keep my dream going.

Really would love to go back to Gallaudet for a second degree; though I've heard unfavorable things about their Computer Science programs (it may be very old rumors/info though). I may look in to other places too including online avenues. Right now all I can do is free online courses like CodeAcademy (in the middle of javascript).

Information Systems Technology is more or less the goal I was hoping for.. mostly programming and databases rather than all this other stuff they add on engineering wise- seems like most programs these days are light on learning programming and heavy on other stuff (conceptual, math, statistics etc). A little I'm okay with but guess I'm more of a code monkey and terrible at 'creative coding' or designing something FOR coding lol. I am not great at coming up with 'ideas' to program/design.

It's a dream I may never realize though. But I'll keep my dream going.
Don't give up the dream. :)

I hope she feels better quick. Nausea and vomiting is no fun at all. Did they come up with a diagnosis or is it a bug?

No actual diagnosis. We're assuming it's a bug. They sent her home with some medication and she's doing well on that front. Her diet's moving closer to normal, but she's still going for milder foods. Since we just moved, She thinks it's a combination of stress, a bug, and all the fast food she's had to eat (she moved out of our old house over a week ago, and we JUST got our fridge last night). I'm fairly sure she's going to keep improving.

Now it's just letting her foot heal. She can't drive (as it's her right foot, and in a lot of pain), and between that and her arthritis she (obviously) can't stand for long periods of time, so putting stuff away is going to go slowly.

She can supervise you. :giggle:

:lol: When I'm here, absolutely. I live in the dorms at CSUN, three hours away. I leave for the dorms tonight and will be back out here this weekend to help move the rest of the stuff.

I have wished her good luck with my brother.....He's 21 and mildly conceited, doesn't have time for anyone, and is on his phone 24/7

Don't give up the dream. :)

My dad went back to school for IT stuff (don't remember exactly), so we were both in college at the same time. It was interesting, and I remember admiring the fact that he was in school as well as taking care of my brother and I, the house, and doing stuff for my mom. He graduated with honors, as well.

Only the most respect for people who pursue their dreams.

:lol: When I'm here, absolutely. I live in the dorms at CSUN, three hours away. I leave for the dorms tonight and will be back out here this weekend to help move the rest of the stuff.

I have wished her good luck with my brother.....He's 21 and mildly conceited, doesn't have time for anyone, and is on his phone 24/7

What do you think of CSUN? I visited there once. Beautiful campus.

What do you think of CSUN? I visited there once. Beautiful campus.

I love it! The campus is great, and we have a wonderful library. The people in Deaf Studies are really awesome, too. Food's pretty good (for the most part), the coffee shops are great....people are nice.....

My only complaint is the sometimes irritating transport between dorms and campus, and how disorganized it seems sometimes.

But other than that, I'm really really loving being here.

I just realized that one of my Auto Awesome photos I posted earlier today is absolutely picture perfect.

:hmm: Been a while since I took sunrise photos. Think I just may do that soon.

Getting ready for work and wishing I didn't need to work.

On my way to VA neurology clinic for follow up appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back