What are you doing right now? Part II

Trying to figure out why some people can be stupid driving on the road like that

Just got back from my hearing aid audiologist. Had my one hearing aid tweaked and then copied to the other one which will now be a back up.
Got good news while there. My insurance will pay for the Link hearing aid (specific hearing aid to go with my CI) under their generous hearing aid coverage (was wondering if they would since it's specific to the CI). And my audiologist has arranged for a rep from the CI company to be there to help her set it up for me as this is the first time she's done one of these (had to get the CI companies approval and software). She's as excited as I am. :)

Just got back from my hearing aid audiologist. Had my one hearing aid tweaked and then copied to the other one which will now be a back up.
Got good news while there. My insurance will pay for the Link hearing aid (specific hearing aid to go with my CI) under their generous hearing aid coverage (was wondering if they would since it's specific to the CI). And my audiologist has arranged for a rep from the CI company to be there to help her set it up for me as this is the first time she's done one of these (had to get the CI companies approval and software). She's as excited as I am. :)
Wow. This is the first time I've heard of this. I just googled the Link hearing aid and I imagine you can hear a mouse fart!

Wow. This is the first time I've heard of this. I just googled the Link hearing aid and I imagine you can hear a mouse fart!
Not sure about a fart, but I've been hearing mice click (computer mice, that is) since I got activated. ;)

Not sure about a fart, but I've been hearing mice click (computer mice, that is) since I got activated. ;)
That's great! Not that I am planning on one, but is age a factor in getting CIs? I cannot find the answer online yet.

That's great! Not that I am planning on one, but is age a factor in getting CIs? I cannot find the answer online yet.
No, age is not a factor. General health (for surgery) and your ear structure are the two things they consider besides the hearing test to determine if you qualify. I've heard of 80 & 90 year olds getting CIs.

No, age is not a factor. General health (for surgery) and your ear structure are the two things they consider besides the hearing test to determine if you qualify. I've heard of 80 & 90 year olds getting CIs.

Yep...since I was LD and still have my speech...they wanted me to get the CI...but my ears have had so many surgeries for infections...no ear drums or nerves....and I'm 70....Otherwise, I would go for it.

HOPE!!!

Yep...since I was LD and still have my speech...they wanted me to get the CI...but my ears have had so many surgeries for infections...no ear drums or nerves....and I'm 70....Otherwise, I would go for it.
Awww, now I feel like a freak for not wanting one.
Yet. ;)

Awww, now I feel like a freak for not wanting one.
Yet. ;)
It's certainly a personal decision.
Being late-deafened, I figured I'd get one as soon as my hearing, or lack thereof, got to the point that I'd qualify. That happened last year. I was understanding speech at about 4% (sentence testing, not words) in my left ear in quiet and now I'm understanding at least 67% (it's been a month since my last test). My CI ear is now better than what was my better ear.

It's certainly a personal decision.
Being late-deafened, I figured I'd get one as soon as my hearing, or lack thereof, got to the point that I'd qualify. That happened last year. I was understanding speech at about 4% (sentence testing, not words) in my left ear in quiet and now I'm understanding at least 67% (it's been a month since my last test). My CI ear is now better than what was my better ear.
By understanding speech do you mean by listening or lipreading? I think you mean by listening.
My percentage is pretty high lipreading, but when I listen, zippo.
And oh yeah, it is an incredibly personal decision.
I still cannot get over friends rolling their eyes when I do not know what they say.
Never mind. I won't be getting a CI soon just to spite them. ;)

By understanding speech do you mean by listening or lipreading? I think you mean by listening.
My percentage is pretty high lipreading, but when I listen, zippo.
And oh yeah, it is an incredibly personal decision.
I still cannot get over friends rolling their eyes when I do not know what they say.
Never mind. I won't be getting a CI soon just to spite them. ;)
Yes, listening. I probably do some lip reading, but only as a subconscious supplement to my listening.
Tell you friends to wear noise blocking ear plugs or headsets for a week. I bet they don't even last a day.

After conversing with my dad (retired USMC), just told me "Trump parked 3 CVBGs at Kimmy's doorstep!" NOW I'm really wondering... Thanks dad!!! :shock:

Back