What Anime Have You Watched Lately?

I lost my passion in anime some time ago, that being around 04 where I stopped. I'm told that anime today isn't as good as old time stuff, on personal opinion. Kind of like how TV today vs old day TV.

Some of my stuff's old, but I can drop in a few and they've been mentioned here as well:
• Kenshin (good up till main saga is over)
• Cowboy Bebop (a super rare and good episodes, especially the ones featuring the protagonist's story which is like 3-4 eps of all 26)
• GunGRAVE (still rewatch it to this date)
• Noir
• Berserk
• Trigun
• NGE
• Ghost in the shell

I'm more of the old style anime person, not the modern day types.. I think..

I lost my passion in anime some time ago, that being around 04 where I stopped. I'm told that anime today isn't as good as old time stuff, on personal opinion. Kind of like how TV today vs old day TV.

Some of my stuff's old, but I can drop in a few and they've been mentioned here as well:
• Kenshin (good up till main saga is over)
• Cowboy Bebop (a super rare and good episodes, especially the ones featuring the protagonist's story which is like 3-4 eps of all 26)
• GunGRAVE (still rewatch it to this date)
• Noir
• Berserk
• Trigun
• NGE
• Ghost in the shell

I'm more of the old style anime person, not the modern day types.. I think..

I seriously LOVE Ghost in the Shell! I own the complete first and second season of GITS anime plus two movies. Looking forward to Ghost in the shell 3 :)

I just finished Desert Punk. Good series. I also finished watching Avenger... too depressing and slow. The synopsis actually sounded good. That's why I decided to watch it. After seeing how slow it went, I continued to watch it hoping it would climax well at the end... nope. :(

Now, I'm watching Elfen Lied.
Elfen Lied was a unique and interesting anime. It sorta makes the Jedi's Force look like kid's plaything.

I also watched Glass Mask (1984 version). It's about this middle school girl who runs away from home to become an actress under the wing of a very strict teacher. It was a very interesting anime. The last few episodes were good because it revolves around this girl trying to win the role of Helen Keller in a play called The Miracle Worker.

Now, I'm gonna watch the OVA version of Glass Mask (1998 version). After that, I'll watch the 2005 version. :)

I watched WitchBlade on ONDEMAND, and I love it! I might buy Witchblade Box Set soon. :D

Link: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001DN0US0/ref=cm_cmu_pg__header[/ame]

to love ru

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WgX5GISB10"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WgX5GISB10[/ame]

During the past couple months, I watched...

- Ghost in the Shell
- Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence
- Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
- Black Jack: Parasite
- Black Jack: Trauma
- Ninja Scroll

Now, I'm watching Ninja Scroll: The Series. I will also be watching Zombie Loan soon. :)

Yea.. well.. Manga have better visual and long story to tell. Anime cut lot of scene to make brief story. It show the first concept I seen between media on Akira.

However... I'm recently read Gantz. That's interest and long shot.

Anime generally has ridiculous filler, but more so to stretch it out and save money on animation.

Anime generally has ridiculous filler, but more so to stretch it out and save money on animation.
It usually depends on the manga/anime and/or the writer/producer.

Sometimes, the creator of the manga doesn't want the story to be 100% accurate. So, the producers have to do the best they can to make it as close as possible.

Sometimes, the manga is too long to be converted into a movie... but can be converted into a series.

For instance, Death Note was converted from manga to anime series pretty well. However, it wasn't converted to 2 live action movies very well. In fact, more than half of the story was changed. :(

Hi, noob here.

I know NOTHING about anime, but I have seen Kodomo No Omocha (Children's Toy) and Spirited Away. I also saw Princess Mononoke but I really loved the other two animes. Can someone make suggestions on what else to watch based on what I like? Please? :D

I miss the old content. Some of modern/recent/today's stuff are just as garbage to me as TV.
No story, no decent plot, weak characterization, nothing unique!

Days of Berserk, Cowboy Bebop, Noir, GunGRAVE, Trigun, GiTS, they're gone like the good old comic books and old TV shows.

I agree, but they only started doing this recently since the past few years or so. This never happened before. I think its for the reason "business is business". Unless they're catching up on how DBZ is shown on TV..... (gasp)

I have seen Kodomo No Omocha (Children's Toy) and Spirited Away. I also saw Princess Mononoke but I really loved the other two animes. Can someone make suggestions on what else to watch based on what I like?

Never seen Komodo but judging from the other two those are dramatic type anime based on relationships, character buildup, etc. It's hard to know your flavor from a few, I'd recommend using animenfo.com to lookup your movie and find related ones.

Edit: Looking there, I think Nausicaa's plot is woven finely along the lines of those two.

Hi, noob here.

I know NOTHING about anime, but I have seen Kodomo No Omocha (Children's Toy) and Spirited Away. I also saw Princess Mononoke but I really loved the other two animes. Can someone make suggestions on what else to watch based on what I like? Please? :D
How about Howl's Moving Castle? That's a good one.

If you want some action & sci-fi, try Akira.

anime

Vampire Hunter D, and the sequel, Princess Monoke, Gundam F91 (I think), and the American Voltron. I remember watching that in the 1980's on TV.

Back