What Anime Have You Watched Lately?

I have been watching Fate/Zero... I've been a long time fan of Type/Moon, and their fate/stay night franchise. Its nice to see uFotable working with them again. I've watched(and read, when available) Air tv, Fullmetal alchemist:brotherhood, Pani Poni Dash, and 1/2 of all the studio ghibli films.

Do you guys have a good reccomendation?

I really suggest you to watch Fairy Tail. That's one of my favorite anime shows. You should see it =)

I watched Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. No, it's not a sequel or prequel to Fullmetal Alchemist. It's actually a remake. The ending to this story made more sense than the previous series.

I'm currently watching Dragonball Z. I'm about to start the 4th season. Nice series, but sometimes seems to stall a bit too long. For instance, season 1 covered a period of 6 months... season 2 covered a period of 7 days... and season 3 covered a period of 1 day!

I watched Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. No, it's not a sequel or prequel to Fullmetal Alchemist. It's actually a remake. The ending to this story made more sense than the previous series.

I'm currently watching Dragonball Z. I'm about to start the 4th season. Nice series, but sometimes seems to stall a bit too long. For instance, season 1 covered a period of 6 months... season 2 covered a period of 7 days... and season 3 covered a period of 1 day!
Here's my follow up on Dragonball Z...

I only got to watch the first disc. The second disc was badly scratched. So, this series is on hold while I catch up on other series.

I recently finished Occult Academy. Now, I'm watching Beelzebub. (It's about this high school delinquent who ends up getting stuck with a baby who is the son of a demon lord and is assigned to be the baby's "father".
I finished Beelzebub. It's one of those stories where it has a huge climatic ending, but ends like it's just another day.

I'm now watching Hunter X Hunter alongside with Beelzebub.

I saw Hunter X Hunter a few years ago. They decided to reboot the series in order to make the story more accurate to the manga than the original series was.

Even though I already know the story, I do enjoy it again. It's usually interesting to see when they try to do something again. You get a chance to see how they shorten or lengthen parts... or to change how they express emotions or actions... etc. I also hope they continue on further than the previous series did. :)
Well, I'm still watching Hunter X Hunter. A year has passed since they started this series in Japan. I'm watching them a week after they're released in Japan. So, I've still got a LONG ways to go. :)

I've been working my way through the Studio Ghibli anime films with my daughter. I've been blown away by them and they've been a bonding experience for me and my daughter. Some of them have touched me at a deep emotional level unlike much of the Hollywood stuff. The ones that particularly affected me were:
Spirited Away, Whisper of the Heart, My Neighbour Totoro & Howl's Moving Castle.
But I've enjoyed all the ones I've watched (11 so far & still counting). I've been buying 'My Neighbour Totoro' (or "Neighbor") DVDs as gifts for my friends who are parents of youngish children.

I've also watched 'Akira'. Loved the graphics! I remember the weaving light patterns of the motorbikes. Not so gripped by the story.

I particularly want to watch 'Ghost in the Shell' & 'Neon Genesis Evangelion'.
You ever see Ponyo or The Secret World of Arrietty? I saw Ponyo last year and The Secret World of Arrietty this year. Good movies.

You ever see Ponyo or The Secret World of Arrietty? I saw Ponyo last year and The Secret World of Arrietty this year. Good movies.

Kiki's Delivery Service is also perfect for family of any age.

I have a Studio Ghibli logo/ Totoro tattoo
:)

Along side that I have a soot spirit. Which honestly, I regret getting cause now it all looks clumped up. It looked fine with a logo only.

I'm now watching Soul Eater on DVD. I'm halfway through. Pretty good.

Back