What am i supposed to do now?

geoff

Reaction score
So my brother in law comes home last night and decides he too is now deaf. He announced that he's also going to get a Cochlear implant for Christmas and new hearing again for the new year. He has never even been to an audiologist and has never shown or mentioned any signs of hearing loss. I explained that he has never even worn hearing aids and more than likely they'll make him do a trial with those first before he can get a CI. He told me he won't have to do that because " He knows a guy". Then he acused me of being jealous because I'm not going to be the only deaf guy around. Now his friends are all doing the same and can't believe I don't support him. After I tried to explain it's a medical procedure and you don't just "get one" he says he can with "his guy". What the hell???

I wouldn't bother with him anymore. Obviously, he 'knows better', and obviously even his "guy" won't be able perform the CI surgery.
If he is too smartypants to listen to you, he will have rude awakening. Why should you waste your valuable time (and even more so- your nerves)
on him?

Fuzzy

So my brother in law comes home last night and decides he too is now deaf. He announced that he's also going to get a Cochlear implant for Christmas and new hearing again for the new year. He has never even been to an audiologist and has never shown or mentioned any signs of hearing loss. I explained that he has never even worn hearing aids and more than likely they'll make him do a trial with those first before he can get a CI. He told me he won't have to do that because " He knows a guy". Then he acused me of being jealous because I'm not going to be the only deaf guy around. Now his friends are all doing the same and can't believe I don't support him. After I tried to explain it's a medical procedure and you don't just "get one" he says he can with "his guy". What the hell???
lol I'm sorry for laughing but is your family member crazy .. does he even know what he talking about .. I'm guessing nope ! Ignore him he is a mess ..

This guy's elevator doesn't go all the way to the top; make a beeline in the opposite direction!

must have been at the Bar, drunk...and couldn't hear with all that noise....LOL...let him get a CI...then plug the coil into a light socket and ask..."Can you hear me now"?

I saw other two threads. Can't believe it. Did Geoff tell the truth about his loser brother in law?

ps
I am sure the size of the contraption ...pardon, CI will help to hear sooo much better.

Fuzzy

Back