WELCOME WATERRATS13 to AD!

javapride

Reaction score
G'Day MATE welcome to the AD! :wave: have fun posting here
i known this waterrat for the last nearly 20 yrs shes a great gal welcome her here for me :) GLAD U liked the AD so far :)

Welcome to AD! Hope you enjoy your stay. :)

G'day you lot. Thanks java gurl for welcoming me into this forum and that includes the others who have come afterwards. :) I'm originally from California..born and raised there, but moved to Australia in 1998 cos I met and fell in love with an Aussie bloke who I've married. Been in Australia for nearly 5 years and am loving every moment of living in this beautiful country.
I look forward to reading up posts and following up, etc.
Thanks again!

Welcome to AD2

Finally about time, I see you. Javapride aka my sissy told me about you as great friend.

Enjoy urself. :)

Hi!
Thanks PeaceRainbow,CherEler, and Lasza for welcoming me. :) Awww.... yeah, javapride and I have been friends for ages! over 20 years...damn! ;)
CherEler, catch that crocodile hunter -- which one did you mean? Paul Hogan or Steve Irwin????? :) hehehehe....I absolutely like Steve Irwin cos of his funny antics in his tv series called 'Crocodile Hunter' and want to see his movie, heh. He does a lot of TV ads here for Toyota and Immigration's rules on bringing in wooden stuff from overseas.
Sure am enjoying perusing through most posts here on AD, so many but so little time as I've been working my arse off at work and doing heaps of overtime, ugh. Hubby's out of a job and is looking for a job atm. :(

Anyway, I certainly will be hanging around on here for a long while! :)

Til then! Cheers!

Goldie

Hey,
May I ask you about ur nickname? Is related to ur pet or chinese year for RATS as 1972? Just so curious cuz everytime i see ur nickname have something that really meaning to you.

Originally posted by Lasza
Hey,
May I ask you about ur nickname? Is related to ur pet or chinese year for RATS as 1972? Just so curious cuz everytime i see ur nickname have something that really meaning to you.

:lol: No, the nickname 'WaterRats' refers to an old tv show I loved watching. It stopped airing in 2001 and it was about the Sydney Water Police in Australia -- about what the Water Police do, etc. Water Rats is a nick for the police force up there who use boats to go on water and chase criminals and help those on land to corner them from the water. You could read up a bit about it at: http://www.geocities.com/televisioncity/stage/6607/

Cheers,
Goldie

Originally posted by WaterRats13
:lol: No, the nickname 'WaterRats' refers to an old tv show I loved watching. It stopped airing in 2001 and it was about the Sydney Water Police in Australia -- about what the Water Police do, etc. Water Rats is a nick for the police force up there who use boats to go on water and chase criminals and help those on land to corner them from the water. You could read up a bit about it at: http://www.geocities.com/televisioncity/stage/6607/

Cheers,
Goldie

:D Thanks for kewl information about WaterRat. Really interested. Now I know why about ur nickname. :thumb:

Originally posted by WaterRats13
Hi!

CherEler, catch that crocodile hunter -- which one did you mean? Paul Hogan or Steve Irwin????? :) hehehehe....I absolutely like Steve Irwin cos of his funny antics in his tv series called 'Crocodile Hunter' and want to see his movie, heh. He does a lot of TV ads here for Toyota and Immigration's rules on bringing in wooden stuff from overseas.

Goldie

:lol: Heh. Yeah... Steve Irwin is funny, I love to watch his shows because I love the way he expresses himself (facial expression and body language included). :lol: Yeah, catch him and send me my way! :naughty: :laugh2:

:rofl: He's in Queensland! I can't afford to fly over there and catch him then post him to you in USA! :rofl: ! If I were rich, MAYBE I will do that!
Have you seen his new movie 'Croc Hunter'? I haven't! Imagine that?! Hopefully, this week or weekend, I'll hire it and watch it. I know my husband won't want to watch it. :P

Goldie

Does aussies use hire? instead of rent?

Also, did you know that in USA, the light switches are opposed to Austrlia's?

Flip down..that is turning off in USA...while in Australia, it is turning on the lights?

Flip up...that is turning on in USA...while austrilia's is turning off? :p

Originally posted by SilenceGold
Does aussies use hire? instead of rent?

Also, did you know that in USA, the light switches are opposed to Austrlia's?

Flip down..that is turning off in USA...while in Australia, it is turning on the lights?

Flip up...that is turning on in USA...while austrilia's is turning off? :p

:rofl: Yep! It's strange, ain't it??? :) Also, we drive on the right side of the road! My dad in law joked with me when I first came out here that Americans have been driving on the WRONG side of the road! Pfffffffth! I remember when I first started driving on Australian roads, I had to learn how to do it cos I had to sit on the right side of the car....*ahem* -- it's kinda embarrassing but funny though...whenever I tried reversing out of the drive, I'd bang my head right on the window, trying to look behind me! :o

But now, 4.5 years on...I've long since learned to turn my head to the left over my left shoulder when reversing!! No more bruised forehead! :lol:

Goldie

LMAO..that's funny about you turning your shoulder to the right and hitting your head on the window on your right side!

So funny!

Back