We Are Family!!! Celebrate Gay Pride Month!

I know I am not gay but I have always wanted to check out the parade in SF ( I used to be from the bay ) but I dont want to offend those who are homosexual but I do my part respecting and defending homosexuality. it is amazing how closeminded people are i was shocked for example about california voting no for same sex marriage. I thought people would be okay with same sex marriage, unfortunately I couldnt vote since I wasnt a citizen at the time :(

Originally posted by BabyPhat21
I know I am not gay but I have always wanted to check out the parade in SF ( I used to be from the bay ) but I dont want to offend those who are homosexual but I do my part respecting and defending homosexuality. it is amazing how closeminded people are i was shocked for example about california voting no for same sex marriage. I thought people would be okay with same sex marriage, unfortunately I couldnt vote since I wasnt a citizen at the time :(

Bummer on that...when did they vote on that? Was it anytime recently or ? If it happened between the years of 1998 to now...that explains...I would've voted, but I don't live in California anymore. But..BUT, once I've become an Australian Citizen, and if that ever comes up here in the election, I will DEFINITELY vote for it. :) Giving MY support to my mates who are gay/lesbian.

Goldie

What do you all think about Tennessee's Senator Dr. Bill Frist on his recent news against the gay marriages?

Click for story.

(I hope I am not going off-topic here)

It just shows how close-minded America is, whereas many other countries in Europe and Canada are starting to accept gay people.

Holland and Belgium are the only two countries in this world to grant FULL MARRIAGE rights to homosexual couples.

Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark have granted same sex partnership registrations since 1990s, and have made a pact with each other in 1995 to honour and recognise the partnership from these 4 countries.

France passed a law in late 1990s called PACS, which is like a civil union law allowing opposite sex and same sex partners to have marriage rights. Germany also followed suit shortly afterwards. I am not sure about other countries, but I hear there are some countries starting to consider same sex partnerships, like in England, as mentioned in the article.

I think the US should be ashamed for boasting of being the land of freedom, yet denying most basic human rights to their own homosexual citizens, just because of religious beliefs. Whatever happened to the separation of the Church and the State? Such hypocrisy... Need I say more?

Yeah, in Australia, they don't grant very many rights to gay couples regarding marriage. I think it's unfair that they don't allow same sex marriages nor equal rights to de facto couples. I'm not gay myself but I do have a few gay friends, and one in particular said to me that he wishes to see some of us get married so he can share in the joys of marriage since he can't get married himself. I think that's a shame, no one should be deprived of the right to get married because of their sexuality. It's just like saying straight couples can't marry but gay ones can. Oops I hope this isn't off topic heh.

Ziusudra

Originally posted by Ziusudra
Yeah, in Australia, they don't grant very many rights to gay couples regarding marriage. I think it's unfair that they don't allow same sex marriages nor equal rights to de facto couples. I'm not gay myself but I do have a few gay friends, and one in particular said to me that he wishes to see some of us get married so he can share in the joys of marriage since he can't get married himself. I think that's a shame, no one should be deprived of the right to get married because of their sexuality. It's just like saying straight couples can't marry but gay ones can. Oops I hope this isn't off topic heh.

Ziusudra

Hey Ziggy, nah you weren't going off-topic at all. I think you made a good point there. It's true, it's a shame that gay/lesbian couples cannot share in the joys of marriage like hetros do. I think it'll be a flamboyant event if such laws were passed and allowed gays to get married legally.

Goldie

Originally posted by Brian
What do you all think about Tennessee's Senator Dr. Bill Frist on his recent news against the gay marriages?

I'd say that now that Sen Strom Thurmon has died, there is no need for a doctor in the Senate. Frist can go back home and the fine folks of Tennessee can send someone more in tune our society to the Senate.

Agree?

Back