We Are Family!!! Celebrate Gay Pride Month!

javapride

Reaction score
As u all know this june is coming to a close, and u have been hearing ALOT of news about the gay rights coming out and mostly people celbrating our pride and our rights, as far as im concern we should be happy with who we choose to borrow the song with garth brooks lyrics We Shall be free it pretty much simplfies who we belive in and thats our happiness.

IF we re free to love anyone we choose
when this world worship our own kind of pew
then WE SHALL BE FREE

garth never intended to sing such a song but he has a lesbain sister betty smittle who left the band to join up with the HEARTS back up singing and then more and more poeple cropping up saying thier out and proud I belive that we can be free cuz we are proud of our pride

also this marks the 25th anniversary of the PRIDE FLAG and as u can see i have waved my flag today in honor of our PRIDE.

So come on and say WE RE PROUD TO BE A PRIDE FAMILY

IM OUT AND PROUD!!!!!!!!!

im also out n proud! :thumb:

*singing OFF key and looking at Javapride knowing shes gonna whimper* :lol:

weeeeeeeee areeeeeee familyyyyyyyyy!!!! i got all my sisters with meeeeeee!

Originally posted by Fly Free
im also out n proud! :thumb:

*singing OFF key and looking at Javapride knowing shes gonna whimper* :lol:

weeeeeeeee areeeeeee familyyyyyyyyy!!!! i got all my sisters with meeeeeee!

I THINK She sounds like her cat SCREECHING :-P

WARNING:

There will be no bashing in this thread. Thanks.

here is the link for more further info :D

http://aol.planetout.com/pno/news/history/archive/christopher.html

Christopher Street Gay Liberation Day: 1970
by Susan Stryker, Director, GLBT Historical Society

Also on PlanetOut:
Pride coverage
Queer History
Must-have rainbow gear

Interact:
Talk about it

In case you haven't had your fill of Gay Pride festivities yet this summer, here's a photo from the very first Pride parade in New York, on the first anniversary of the Stonewall Uprising.

While the riots at the Stonewall Inn on Greenwich Village's Christopher Street seem carved in stone as the birth of the gay liberation movement, the event might not be remembered in quite the same way had it not been for the commemorative march and rally organized a year later. The riots in 1969 certainly gained a great deal of media attention, and represented a turning point in the history of gay militancy in New York. But without the Christopher Street Liberation Day Committee, "Stonewall" probably wouldn't be any better known than the "Annual Reminder" demonstrations held yearly on the Fourth of July outside Independence Hall.

Never heard of them? For five years, between 1965 and 1969, activists from throughout the country gathered outside Independence Hall, where the U.S. Constitution was drafted and signed, to remind the nation that not all of its citizens had equal rights under the law. The Annual Reminders were important events in the history of the gay rights struggle, but outside the gay community of Philadelphia they are largely forgotten.

Stonewall could have experienced the same fate. Instead, young militants, whose media savvy and organizing skills had been honed during the social justice movements of the mid-1960s, decided to capitalize on the spirited resistance at the Stonewall and turn that event into a rallying point for a national movement. Almost immediately after the riots they started planning for the first anniversary march. Thousands of people turned out that first year in New York and in other cities across the nation. Now, thirty years later, Gay Pride festivities draw millions of participants to events around the world.

The photo shown here is from "Gay Freedom '70," a commemorative pictorial essay published by the editors of QQ magazine, an early gay liberation title (formerly known as Queens Quarterly.)

thanks fly for that posting a wonderful way to show the world we re deffy OUT and PROUD!

I went to SF gay pride with my friend today and it was interesting experience for him. LOL Anyway, I heard the music and annoucement. Approximately 107 people got "promise" marriage recognized by City Hall of SF. Some gays, some lesbians, some transgender people, and some drag queens got married and shared their celebration with the public. They were on the media. WOW. Of course, I noticed a few of cute butches in tuxedos (one in purple tuxedo and other one with black tuxedo with light blue vest to match her ICE BLUE eyes). Damn, she is damn cute butch with short hair. Anyway, ahem, guess what? My thighs got sunburn (my face has pink sunburn). My friend is mini lobster. LOL Well, SF weather was nice, now changed into cold and foggy completely once we returned back home. DAMN.

Anyway, I had a blast time. I will go there again tomorrow for BIG ONE.

PS. I saw a guy wearing a light blue tshirt saying "STAR FUCKER". LOL

Last edited:
:thumb: yayayay WTG Oddball -- glad u had a great time!!!!!!!

sowwy folks -- NOW Im going to bed LOL

Originally posted by Oddball
I went to SF gay pride with my friend today and it was interesting experience for him. LOL Anyway, I heard the music and annoucement. Approximately 107 people got "promise" marriage recognized by City Hall of SF. Some gays, some lesbians, some transgender people, and some drag queens got married and shared their celebration with the public. They were on the media. WOW. Of course, I noticed a few of cute butches in tuxedos (one in purple tuxedo and other one with black tuxedo with light blue vest to match her ICE BLUE eyes. Damn, she is damn cute butch with short hair. Anyway, ahem, guess what? My thighs got sunburn (my face has pink sunburn). My friend is mini lobster. LOL Well, SF weather was nice, now changed into cold and foggy completely once we returned back home. DAMN.

Anyway, I had a blast time. I will go there again tomorrow for BIG ONE.

PS. I saw a guy wearing a light blue tshirt saying "STAR FUCKER". LOL

HAHAHAH starfucker LOL THATS GREAT U had a BLAST

GNGN FLY

OMG IM SOO BEEMING WITH PRIDE!!!!!!!1

A friend of mine went to the parade in Disney World in Florida a few weeks ago. She had a lot of fun.

Heyyyyyyy, I wish I was in New York City today for the Gay Pride Parade, but after being to Six Flags all day yesterday, walking all day long, standing in lines and getting soaked wet from water rides, etc... and not enough sleep, I m going to have to make this a lazy Sunday for me! Too bad I can't make a rainbow cake at home! LOL

HAPPY GAY PRIDE WEEK to my fellow gay and straight friends here @ AD2!

Back