Waterproof Hearingaids

EmmaLouz

Reaction score
has anyone ever heard of this where they make waterpoof hearingaids i always wonder since i was little. i hated having to turn off my hearing aids putting it in a case to go swimming or taking a shower whenever i am home alone. i am about to do some research about it but has anyone ever had or tried them?

I am a C.I. user myself, ( and don't wear it unless I'm at work most of the time or around family ) but there are a few options you have out there. You just have to pay attention to the difference between water resistant and water proof. There are internal hearing aids ( Which aren't really hearing aids technically but whatever I guess ) but they're incredibly expensive. A lot of it depends on the level of your hearing loss as well and if the maker has them for that level of loss. Here is one of the internal ones that is placed in by an audiologist for example, but it is SUPER expensive. I'm not sure at the exact cost, nor am I sure of the hearing loss range it covers... but I know they are a newer one on the market by Phonak. All you have to do is google water proof hearing aids and you'll get a few results. Hearing aids have come a long way in the past few years.

Lyric Hearing Aids | The world

I have a CI and was shocked when my Audi recommended "seal a meal" food storage system to use on my CI for complete waterproofing. She said a lot of parents with kids use it and have had great results. I bought the waterproof baggies from Cochlear but they were really uncomfortable.

has anyone ever heard of this where they make waterpoof hearingaids i always wonder since i was little. i hated having to turn off my hearing aids putting it in a case to go swimming or taking a shower whenever i am home alone. i am about to do some research about it but has anyone ever had or tried them?

Siemens Aquaris is the only truly waterproof HA that I know of, but you have to have the seals changed and the HA's cleaned every year I believe to keep them waterproof. Phonak has several that they claim are waterproof and others that are water resistant, but I don't know if I would trust them to go swimming or taking a shower with them like I would with Siemens. If you are looking for a waterproof HA look for a IP rating of IP68 that means it is waterproof.

I have a CI and was shocked when my Audi recommended "seal a meal" food storage system to use on my CI for complete waterproofing. She said a lot of parents with kids use it and have had great results. I bought the waterproof baggies from Cochlear but they were really uncomfortable.

Aren't they though?! :squint:

Can't win with everything I suppose though... :dunno: Small victories Angel, small victories... :P Can't imagine the Seal a meal bags would be much more comfortable, though.

I came up with the concept for them in third grade...Won an award at the Invention Convention (this set up at my school where kids would come up with prototypes for inventions) Personally, I'd rather leave them off when I swim...I tend to be rough in the water, and it's too easy for them to get lost or knocked off or whatever.......

Most aids are water resistant, so you can walk along the water or in rain with them. I have one and it's really good for working out.

Waterproof requires a special mold. I've never used one. It might be cool to blue tooth music while you swim, but, given the price, I'm not sure I'd be taking the chance.

I own a Rionet HB-54 which I no longer use because it is not powerful enough for my current loss. (Kept because it is better than nothing at times) But, what I used to do was wear it in the swimming pool with it turned off and under a regular swimming cap. Then when we wanted to pause to talk I would fold up the flap on the cap and turn the aid on. It worked well for that use and also gave peace of mind when out in weather that could start raining at any time or working in a kitchen with others that were using a sprayer to rinse dishes.

Other than the swimming, the Phonak Naida Q90-UP now does the same thing for me.

I came up with the concept for them in third grade...Won an award at the Invention Convention (this set up at my school where kids would come up with prototypes for inventions) Personally, I'd rather leave them off when I swim...I tend to be rough in the water, and it's too easy for them to get lost or knocked off or whatever.......

that's cool! I won an award for the most creative invention when I was in 5th grade. (my invention was the slipperlights)

Back