Wanting to learn Sign Language

Ori

Reaction score
Hello! I am not Deaf or HOH. I have been trying for a year or two to learn sign language. I feel it’s important and want to be able to communicate with someone without them needing to write it down. I’m really shy and my city isnt very cultured in this aspect at all. So I have no clue how to practice anything I learn or how to learn more. Any tips or suggestions? I appreciate any advice. :)

Find someone to tutor you, or go to ASL classes at some local college/university. I am doing the paid-ASL tutor to people who don't have a time to attend the class.

Find someone to tutor you, or go to ASL classes at some local college/university. I am doing the paid-ASL tutor to people who don't have a time to attend the class.

My college only offers 2 courses. And they are basic level courses. There arent any classes in my area. I am also beyond broke and wont be able to afford a tutor any time soon. If I had money for a tutor I wouldnt be posting here :)

I picked up sign language very quickly. That is because I involved myself in ASL club and often hung out with my deaf friends. I had to learn quickly because I wanted to communicate with them. Try facetiming a deaf friend you meet, maybe you will meet them here!

Back