WANTED: Old Teletype Corporation TTY equipment (1930s - 1950s)

Hello. I am looking for vintage, old Teletype Corporation equipment (teletypewriters), from the 1930s - 1950s. I want to preserve as much of this equipment as possible. Teletype communications, in addition to being used by the deaf community, was the primary method of communication in the world for many decades!

I am especially looking for ‘Model 15’ machines, or cabinets only. Attached are photos of a Model 15, and Model 28-ASR. I’m looking for units close to New Jersey, since they are very heavy, and shipping them is cost prohibitive.

Doug W.

email: kolchak1@yahoo.com

Attachments

Chevy57

Sherlock Hound
Premium Member
I had lots of Western Union Teletype model 28s, one model 15 and one Teletype model 28-ASR for selling and installing last 15 years ago. But all of them were thrown to junk. I m very sorry.

Your gonna to be surprise few still out there collecting dust. I used to have one and I tried to save it but my dad threw it away, grrrrrrr.

I had lots of Western Union Teletype model 28s, one model 15 and one Teletype model 28-ASR for selling and installing last 15 years ago. But all of them were thrown to junk. I m very sorry.

rockin'robin

ahhh...memory lane!...Not sure of the Model...but I trained in the Print Shop at NCSD to be a teletype operator and a linotype operator back in the 60's....and worked at a small newspaper in NC as a teletype/linotype operator, along with a few other deafies....

Not sure if any newspapers or deaf schools would keep these machines...I do remember going into the attic at a newspaper once, and saw many old teletype and linotype machines in storage....

AlleyCat

I used to see the OLD one at our deaf club for so many years. It's now gone. It was an interesting piece, to say the least. :)

Hello. I am looking for vintage, old Teletype Corporation equipment (teletypewriters), from the 1930s - 1950s. I want to preserve as much of this equipment as possible. Teletype communications, in addition to being used by the deaf community, was the primary method of communication in the world for many decades!

I am especially looking for ‘Model 15’ machines, or cabinets only. Attached are photos of a Model 15, and Model 28-ASR. I’m looking for units close to New Jersey, since they are very heavy, and shipping them is cost prohibitive.

Doug W.

I have 2-but am in Michigan if you are up for a road trip. They belonged to my Grandpa who worked for Western Union

Attachments

Doug W.

Greetings,

I have a Western Union floor Model 28 (I believe). I live in Los Angeles, CA. Any advice on how to find a new home for it? I do not know the $ value or anything else. And, Yes ... it is heavy! Your thoughts are welcome!

Thank you! Carol Ann

Attachments

Doug W.

Hi have several teltypes that look different than these i think they're rvolder than the oones in picture

Communication Software for Deaf Hard of Hearing - NexTalk