Want to ask out a Deaf Girl. help fast!

Sandshark

Reaction score
Ok, so. I play Volleyball on a league here in town. One of the teams in the league is an all deaf team, and there happens to be a girl on I that has caught my eye.(obviously or I wouldn't be posting) Never having really communicated with a deaf person before I was stumped on how to approach the situation, without seeming like a complete tool. I am very confident, but when you dont know what to do...you just dont know what to do.

long story short, our team played theirs tonight. But they also play again in about an hour. So i missed my first chance out of fear and the fact we got hustled off the court, I dont wanna miss my second.

So whats the best way to communicate when its off the cuff like this? use my phone with a pre-written message and had it to her? note? (my hand writeing suckkksss) I dont plan to type out or say anything different than i would to any girl.

So help me! whats the smoothest way to do this :):hmm:

You are :crazy:. Afraid? Ha! You are just like the rest who don't want to write down on paper and pen and communicate with her. You are trying to find a way out of communicating. You expect her to talk and lipread you like a hearing person which she is not. Not a chance. But again, you might be surprise that she can lipread you but not perfectly accurate. **shaking my head**

Write the letter.
If you're going to spend time with her, you should at least develop good handwriting.

OR: spend a few months / half a year learning ASL.

Take ASL class, go to Deaf events, attend Deaf church,
and maybe eventually your social spheres will overlap,
and she will want to know you instead.

Back