Want a normal life for your child?

who ever told u that ASL isn't normal? Many children who use ASL only or use ASL and voice are normal! And AG Bell isn't a good example of facts as they are biased to ONE approach

I agree with you, the first post is the perspective of AG Bell, you better complain with them. I am just checking if spam is allowed at AD.

Where did it stated that there's no need for asl or cued speech or anything that makes your child struggle with being different? All it explained was what an oral program is. So I don't know what's your point of this thread.

no lol i was tkn to flip..he/she said
agree with you, the first post is the perspective of AG Bell, you better complain with them. I am just checking if spam is allowed at AD
i think thats kind of stupid to start something just to see if the mods take it down or not..the mods cant go thru every single thread as soon as its started uknow..

He did the same with another thread here in this same section. Someone posted about cued speech and he accused her of spam. It made no sense.

"Spoken language is the only language used by children at all times."

"children learn to speak much as children with normal hearing do, given the right intervention."

"Oral children who are deaf or hard of hearing have a much easier time learning to read and write."

"Curricula that prepare the child for neighborhood schools"

Nevermind.. The last thing I am trying is to start a flame thread, don't understand where you got that idea from.

It's a lot of "information" from NCSA on AD, I think it would be fair to let AG Bell and NAD have their share as well?

Flip: wouldn't it be better to post a comercial about bibi aproach or sign langauage? It's just that I went through the oral only system. It causes a lot of isolation and impotional problem. Plus many of the other orally taught deaf at the PHU I went to were in the bottom classes. Even though they must have been clever to manage to speak in the first place.

Oral only doesn't work. How well cued speach works, I don't know. Signing would be great but I'd rather cued speach or Signed supported english. Rather then the totally oral aproach. I mean any method is better then depriving a child of any visually based communication at all. Placing them in a class where teachers just speak and you are supposed to take notes. Which is what was happening at the PHU. They didn't even write much on the blackboard like the last school I went to. So my accemic performance took a nose dive in that place.

Besides if you look at the deaf news section you will see loads of articules about 'successful' CI kids so it seems that your idea of 'comercials' is already permitted. I don't mind comercials about BiBi or alternative visual systems but if you have articles like this some parents might just take you seriously. After all it's what they want to hear.

"Spoken language is the only language used by children at all times."

"children learn to speak much as children with normal hearing do, given the right intervention."

"Oral children who are deaf or hard of hearing have a much easier time learning to read and write."

"Curricula that prepare the child for neighborhood schools"

Nevermind.. The last thing I am trying is to start a flame thread, don't understand where you got that idea from.

It's a lot of "information" from NCSA on AD, I think it would be fair to let AG Bell and NAD have their share as well?

It seems like it is all about the deaf children meeting the needs of the hearing children. Turns me off. :roll:

Flip: wouldn't it be better to post a comercial about bibi aproach or sign langauage? It's just that I went through the oral only system. It causes a lot of isolation and impotional problem. Plus many of the other orally taught deaf at the PHU I went to were in the bottom classes. Even though they must have been clever to manage to speak in the first place.

Oral only doesn't work. How well cued speach works, I don't know. Signing would be great but I'd rather cued speach or Signed supported english. Rather then the totally oral aproach. I mean any method is better then depriving a child of any visually based communication at all. Placing them in a class where teachers just speak and you are supposed to take notes. Which is what was happening at the PHU. They didn't even write much on the blackboard like the last school I went to. So my accemic performance took a nose dive in that place.

Besides if you look at the deaf news section you will see loads of articules about 'successful' CI kids so it seems that your idea of 'comercials' is already permitted. I don't mind comercials about BiBi or alternative visual systems but if you have articles like this some parents might just take you seriously. After all it's what they want to hear.

Flip's choice of website was sarcasm at it's best.:giggle:

i personally dont see the harm on a child with a ability to go pure oral and not use asl its solely ur choice and eventually when of age ll be ur kid s choice too but asl is normal its considered deaf ppl s language its as normal as japanese is to japan ppl and english to american ppl asl is in fact a separate language entirely besides normal s overrated

anyway do whatever u think best and go from there just keep in mind of ur child s happiness

i personally dont see the harm on a child with a ability to go pure oral and not use asl its solely ur choice and eventually when of age ll be ur kid s choice too but asl is normal its considered deaf ppl s language its as normal as japanese is to japan ppl and english to american ppl asl is in fact a separate language entirely besides normal s overrated

anyway do whatever u think best and go from there just keep in mind of ur child s happiness

The point of this was to show the views behind AGBell...that ASL is not normal.

The point of this was to show the views behind AGBell...that ASL is not normal.

i see might as well tell ppl that english s not normal then due tot he fact english was in fact evolved from latin hmm?

that website s just dissecting asl and make it seem worthless or abnormal at best
asl is in fact very normal for deaf people since its a language after all isnt it?

Flip's choice of website was sarcasm at it's best.:giggle:

I don't find anything funny not at all. If people are just going to created threads to mock at AG Bell's position, it shows immaturity. There are various options of programs for the deaf and hard of hearing to choose from.

I don't find anything funny not at all. If people are just going to created threads to mock at AG Bell's position, it shows immaturity. There are various options of programs for the deaf and hard of hearing to choose from.

yes u re right its immature to mock their belief but is it really necessary to make our language seem so abnormal?

i see might as well tell ppl that english s not normal then due tot he fact english was in fact evolved from latin hmm?

that website s just dissecting asl and make it seem worthless or abnormal at best
asl is in fact very normal for deaf people since its a language after all isnt it?

Nobody needs to state that any language is not normal and that they are better off without a certain language. AGBell has always given the implication that many deaf people would be better off without ASL and that is very offensive. I grew up orally and I struggled for the sake of being "normal".

yes u re right its immature to mock their belief but is it really necessary to make our language seem so abnormal?

I've read the website, And I did not see anything they say about ASL. :dunno:

Back