waffle cookies?

webexplorer

Reaction score
Do you ever tried to eat the Shady Maple Farms Stroopwafels cookies with Honey & Maple? It's certified organic.

I personally like this cookies. What other brand you like the most?

I wanted to make one, but I can't find it on the internet that sells a pro electric portable cooker. It could be about 200 bucks.

Here is the example: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stroopwafel

We have an appliance called "Pizzelle Maker" and it makes those little waffle cookies one at a time.

Same thing exact and it is very cheap to buy.

Do you ever tried to eat the Shady Maple Farms Stroopwafels cookies with Honey & Maple? It's certified organic.

I personally like this cookies. What other brand you like the most?

I wanted to make one, but I can't find it on the internet that sells a pro electric portable cooker. It could be about 200 bucks.

Here is the example: Stroopwafel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can google it under "Stroopwafel iron".

The cookies in OP's link remind me of lukken cookies that my mother used to make every christmas. The recipe had been passed down from grandmother who was born in Belgium (West Flanders). You need a lukken iron which make a thinner wafer than pizzelle iron. My mom used the pizzelle iron because the lukken iron is hard to find. No caramel in this. I really love caramel!
Belgian Lukken waffle cookies Recipe | Yummly

I also love Springerle cookies that my mother also make every christmas (along with many different kind of cookies). This one is also handed down from my other grandmother. You need a springerle roller to stamp/cut the dough into small rectangles with images on them. My mother would make them ahead of time and leave them in boxes in the basement for them to harden for a month or so. I haven't had one in a long time. My sister now make all kind of cookies.
Springerle | Christmas-Cookies.com

The cookies in OP's link remind me of lukken cookies that my mother used to make every christmas. The recipe had been passed down from grandmother who was born in Belgium (West Flanders). You need a lukken iron which make a thinner wafer than pizzelle iron. My mom used the pizzelle iron because the lukken iron is hard to find. No caramel in this. I really love caramel!

I also love Springerle cookies that my mother also make every christmas (along with many different kind of cookies). This one is also handed down from my other grandmother. You need a springerle roller to stamp/cut the dough into small rectangles with images on them. My mother would make them ahead of time and leave them in boxes in the basement for them to harden for a month or so. I haven't had one in a long time. My sister now make all kind of cookies.

That Lukken Waffle recipe is interesting. I never knew you should put whiskey in them.

That is very interesting. I looked it up, and you are right that it is so hard to find the Lukken Iron. The Springerle looks so nice and creative design. It is a good thing that your grandmother & mother did not sell the iron at the tag sale.

My grandmother always made the Springerele at Christmas, also, and hers were always flavored with anise.

Back