Vr

OBXBoy said:
I have been working as a vendor with a state VR agency for over 12 years. I'd be happy t address any other questions folks have.

Oh really, let's see if you'd answer this
situation here:

DRS (short cut for Dept of Rehab Services)
I was informed from DRS that
I ought to contact my VR counselor
for finanical assistance while
I'm un-employed doing job searches
and then my car broke down requiring
high repair bill and then DRS suggested
that I ask my VR counselor for
some finance assistance... All I got
her response: "Sorry, we are NOT in
a "car business" we no longer provide
funds anymore. You take public transportation"

That is NOT helpful at all !! Who does
she think she is ?

There is NO public transportation here
and how can I continue going places
for job searches ? My point is that
my VR counselor does NOT care at all.
My question: Does VR suppose to
provide financial assistance for
anything asked for ? (I noticed that
VR claimed publicly about how much
they helped lots of deaf people etc)

Oddball said:
I am appalled by your story about Oklahoma VR. But I have to ask you question.. Is your VR counselor hearing and using sign language? If not, then it is a common problem between hearing VR counselor and Deaf client. Communication is the number one problem. It is not new.

Well, I hate to say this, VR agencies are just neutral and "job placement factory." Best approach is to ask Disability Rights advocate or Deaf lawyer, if you know, about discrimination. Stay strong and fight for your rights.

AH! I didn't take chance to reply this one. Umm, the person is hearing woman and she is signing well. Umm. I do strongly disagree about neutral for that tiny tiny thing because they get paid from government. Government already understand and clear to understand that discrimination that would end of dicuss for government. They don't want to lose the election or lost vote that kind of negative. Ah. Well about the Deaf advocate seem out of shape for Oklahoma. The Oklahoma have about more than 5 deaf active but they are doing nothing. They are bunch of senior people and say "I want keep SSI alive!" Hmpt.. You say "Stay strong" and for Oklahoma is "Stay SSI". Get my point of view.. .. Okla is out of joke. :crazy:

Y said:
Oh really, let's see if you'd answer this
situation here:

DRS (short cut for Dept of Rehab Services)
I was informed from DRS that
I ought to contact my VR counselor
for finanical assistance while
I'm un-employed doing job searches
and then my car broke down requiring
high repair bill and then DRS suggested
that I ask my VR counselor for
some finance assistance... All I got
her response: "Sorry, we are NOT in
a "car business" we no longer provide
funds anymore. You take public transportation"

That is NOT helpful at all !! Who does
she think she is ?

There is NO public transportation here
and how can I continue going places
for job searches ? My point is that
my VR counselor does NOT care at all.
My question: Does VR suppose to
provide financial assistance for
anything asked for ? (I noticed that
VR claimed publicly about how much
they helped lots of deaf people etc)

Well for my option that you are search for job even me too. I have job but suck job and only work for 8 hours a week mean Friday and Saturday. I am just disappoint out there a company who is closed mind or not willing us be part who is looking for job. I want to work as office work for now so I can finish with college degree. Long story between me and my family.

In my option that VR counselor should support as Deaf community because there are a lot companies are hiring and discover that they got phone call thru the relay service. They tend to say, "The position is filled" which that was print for open position at the same day. VR should be part of this as well but felt that VR is worthless. However; ALLDEAF.com can be worth to dicuss about it. :mrgreen:

I have notice that VR approved alot people but even I am try to looking for job and ask for help. VR told me, "Well you see the fund is cutting and we are putting limited on each group." I told her, "I just want to dicuss about the job position and etc to get some idea and etc" I was trying to find a way to phone call to VR for me to get interview and that way they don't need to deal with Relay. I do get phone call such as my bill was behind because the job didn't give me enough hours. Anyway, they didn't call the relay because my tty machine told to dail the relay service but they never did. One time they woke me up mid of night and harrssing me. Gee.. What the point for me to say this topic but still think VR is worthless.

ideafspy said:
Well for my option that you are search for job even me too. I have job but suck job and only work for 8 hours a week mean Friday and Saturday. I am just disappoint out there a company who is closed mind or not willing us be part who is looking for job. I want to work as office work for now so I can finish with college degree. Long story between me and my family.

In my option that VR counselor should support as Deaf community because there are a lot companies are hiring and discover that they got phone call thru the relay service. They tend to say, "The position is filled" which that was print for open position at the same day. VR should be part of this as well but felt that VR is worthless. However; ALLDEAF.com can be worth to dicuss about it. :mrgreen:

I have notice that VR approved alot people but even I am try to looking for job and ask for help. VR told me, "Well you see the fund is cutting and we are putting limited on each group." I told her, "I just want to dicuss about the job position and etc to get some idea and etc" I was trying to find a way to phone call to VR for me to get interview and that way they don't need to deal with Relay. I do get phone call such as my bill was behind because the job didn't give me enough hours. Anyway, they didn't call the relay because my tty machine told to dail the relay service but they never did. One time they woke me up mid of night and harrssing me. Gee.. What the point for me to say this topic but still think VR is worthless.

I agree with you that VR "claimed" about
how much they helped others, but
that's sad NOT true... Sigh...

I've never been proud of the shennigians that run VR and that profess themselves as 'counselors' within the VR labyrinths.

I've had plenty of headbanging with many of them including the state
head!

My perspective is theyre getting real creative looking for ways to reduce
their clientile. They been telling everyone including me theyre getting cuts and stuff only to find in the next days's newspaper theyre getting a $20 million boost in spending! I show it to them and they run away from me saying I'm wasting their time.

VR has become nothing more than a chicken coop making a lot of noise
everytime they have to lay their eggs (or give benefits) to their clients.

Richard Roehm

Back