vp-200 wireless???

maddiesmom

Reaction score
I am trying to set up my daughters VP 200 to be wireless so that she can have some privacy.

We have Verizon Fios with an Actiontec modem which they supplied.

I also have a Linksys WRT54 G Router and WRT54G network USB adapter. Is there anyway of using this to make the VP wireless.

I hooked up the linksys through my modem and computer and then plugged the network adapter into the USB accessory slot on the back of the VP but it is not working.

I have updated the firmware on the Linksys to the most current.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Update: Here's a HOW-TO thread about connecting VP200 to a wireless network - http://www.alldeaf.com/deaf-products-technologies/83731-how-connect-vp200-wireless-network.html

I am trying to set up my daughters VP 200 to be wireless so that she can have some privacy.

We have Verizon Fios with an Actiontec modem which they supplied.

I also have a Linksys WRT54 G Router and WRT54G network USB adapter. Is there anyway of using this to make the VP wireless.

I hooked up the linksys through my modem and computer and then plugged the network adapter into the USB accessory slot on the back of the VP but it is not working.

I have updated the firmware on the Linksys to the most current.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here the info.

Illustrator: Blog-alloon » Turn your Sorenson VP into wireless

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16873999102&Tpk=Wireless-G+Game+Adapter

Good price from newegg.com

I think diehardbiker can help you

I don't think so since he don't believe in wireless.

Well about wireless adapter for VP. Airwave is not enough stronger for video conference. Netgear powerline adapter is better than wireless devices. I had used two adapter that one with router is at basement and other with vp is first floor room.

Powerline Ethernet Adapters

Thank you for all the information. I looked at the net gear and it looks like it is what I will have to purchase.

Well about wireless adapter for VP. Airwave is not enough stronger for video conference. Netgear powerline adapter is better than wireless devices. I had used two adapter that one with router is at basement and other with vp is first floor room.

Great! You can order Netgear Powerline XE103 package kit (two) by Amazon.com or Ebay.com

If getting them, two adapter must be inserted into the wall outlet in each room. Do not use them into the extenderd electric panel box.

I would like to point out that powerline ethernet is more expensive and slow start connect when first plug-in

wireless is much cheap but it will kind reset after outage from thunderstorm.

For VP, its better using powerline Ethernet. Wirelessly isn't supported by VP for few good reasons.

Already explained in other threads.

I would like to point out that powerline ethernet is more expensive and slow start connect when first plug-in

wireless is much cheap but it will kind reset after outage from thunderstorm.

For VP, its better using powerline Ethernet. Wirelessly isn't supported by VP for few good reasons.

Already explained in other threads.

See? The Highlander is right, diehardbiker is anti-wireless. voo-vam!

How come PowerON got wireless working fine with his VP? He did review it and works fine.

I have got nothing against wireless, just that I understand its limitations.

I need not to argue with anyone, if you got it working then it is fine with me. The problem is that wireless masks some problems that you don't realize yet. The issue with wireless has to do with realiablity. If you see it works fine, does not always means it works right. There is fine line between "Works fine" and "Works right".

See? The Highlander is right, diehardbiker is anti-wireless. voo-vam!

OK, let me get this.... With NetGear PowerLine, you just plug in outlet in another room and the videophone would go wireless?

How come PowerON got wireless working fine with his VP? He did review it and works fine.

He is old school like my coworker. He always make negative about wireless all times. I use wireless for many years and no problem so far because I set correct at wireless setting, if not correct and cause problem. Wireless is not plug n play unlike switch. :roll:

He is old school like my coworker. He always make negative about wireless all times. I use wireless for many years and no problem so far because I set correct at wireless setting, if not correct and cause problem. Wireless is not plug n play unlike switch. :roll:

I guess so. I had wireless with my iMac to the wireless router and it is VERY stable and hasn't disconnected in a long time. Yes, you are right it needs to be configured right to get a stable connection.

Yeah, and there are several comments on my blog that claim their vp with wireless gaming adapter work charm. *shurg*

Yeah, and there are several comments on my blog that claim their vp with wireless gaming adapter work charm. *shurg*

Yeah, did you review it long enough to decide it is really stable? Are you still on the wireless bridge with the VP?

Yeah, did you review it long enough to decide it is really stable? Are you still on the wireless bridge with the VP?

you can call me. I have make several call with coast to coast in range 10 to 30+ minutes. It running such a fine.

Back