visit New York City

PowerON

Reaction score
Make the announcement that I'm going to New York City on first weekend of Feb which is on Feb 3rd to 6th.

Let me know if anyone who live in the area or closer. Feel free to meet up with me. I'm going to check the famous Nathan's Hot Dog at Corny Island and one of excellent restaurants in manhattan

Any tips about suway that I can make order in advance or anything that I should know of?

Nathan's? I grew up eating that one. Until I moved to Syracuse,ny and tried hofmann's hot dog. all of a sudden, I stopped eating nathan's hot dog's :shock: Nathan's hotdog is OK. it can gives you some gases. so have fun! lol

someday I'd like to visit NYC - and meet some folks from AD!

Make the announcement that I'm going to New York City on first weekend of Feb which is on Feb 3rd to 6th.

Let me know if anyone who live in the area or closer. Feel free to meet up with me. I'm going to check the famous Nathan's Hot Dog at Corny Island and one of excellent restaurants in manhattan

Any tips about suway that I can make order in advance or anything that I should know of?

Coney Island? :ugh:

for subway - MetroCardCity - Home Page

and you should get 7-days unlimited pass for $29 (single ride is $2.50) and our subway is 24/7. (MTA/New York City Transit - Fares and MetroCard)

Yes, I'm going to make a nice photo, find something inspired to collect that I won't regret for that.

BTW, thank Jiro!

Yes, I'm going to make a nice photo, find something inspired to collect that I won't regret for that.

BTW, thank Jiro!

nice photo?

Walk thru Brooklyn Bridge or go to Times Square and find The Naked Cowboy for Frisky

do you think I have to hold tight with my device such as my DSLR and iPod Touch that anyone would quick took and dash away from me?

Visit NYC in winter is bad choice. Best is spring/early summer/fall. I understand you want cheap air fare ticket to NYC, but it does make big difference.

Visit NYC in winter is bad choice. Best is spring/early summer/fall. I understand you want cheap air fare ticket to NYC, but it does make big difference.

agreed. oh well.

Poweron - just make sure you have long johns on... and maybe you'll be ok lol

agreed. oh well.

Poweron - just make sure you have long johns on... and maybe you'll be ok lol

no worry, I have extra under my pants to keep warm. I'm all prepare even I been live thru cold season at camp between 10°F to 30°F

When you go to Coney Island, you could stroll down the boardwalk and visit Brighton Beach! It is VERY cool....it's like a Little Russia! Then you could take the Q train back to Manhatten (you take the F train to the end of the line to get to Nathan's) I wish I was gonna be in town, so we could meet and I could show you around.....I LOVE NYC and am pretty much a native. (sister lives there and I get to visit her ANY time I want!)
Are you going to see a Broadway show? Go to the South Street Seaport Tkts.....I've gotten front row seats for good shows before!

You're insane of going to Coney Island in Feb, it sounds depressing. Jiro and others say so. :)

I absolutely LOVE the shore and resort beach towns in the winter months.. Yes, it is cold, gray, windy, and you will freeze your butt off...but there is just something about it, going to a place that at other times is so crowded and sunny and full of life, and seeing it desolate and empty, creepy, haunting. Seaside Heights and Asbury Park in NJ are two places that come to mind, but any beach will do. The ocean is so much more alive and dramatic in the colder months, too. Not for everyone, I guess.

A camera is a must if you visit in the off season, you will see a lot of great things to photograph. Desolate empty haunting things, but cool nevertheless.

Sounds fun. Nathan's is so famous and so old, I think it would be amazing to visit it. :)

Back