visit New York City

A camera is a must if you visit in the off season, you will see a lot of great things to photograph. Desolate empty haunting things, but cool nevertheless
. Yes, the Coney Island rides and stuff......

I absolutely LOVE the shore and resort beach towns in the winter months.. Yes, it is cold, gray, windy, and you will freeze your butt off...but there is just something about it, going to a place that at other times is so crowded and sunny and full of life, and seeing it desolate and empty, creepy, haunting. Seaside Heights and Asbury Park in NJ are two places that come to mind, but any beach will do. The ocean is so much more alive and dramatic in the colder months, too. Not for everyone, I guess.

A camera is a must if you visit in the off season, you will see a lot of great things to photograph. Desolate empty haunting things, but cool nevertheless.

Well, I like watching storms batter up the waves at the pacific coast. :) It's more nature looking with few developed areas.

I went there many times. I can visit my cousin in NYC and I also can visit my two brothers in LI anytime as I want.
Authentic, you mentioned that the OP visits NYC during winter is a bad choice. I am going to have to disagree with you on this one because NYC and LI do have a lot of events during winter and I LOVE it... I am still going there all the time.

Botti, I am encouraging that you should go there.

Poweron, have a great time! Stay warm! :)
Be safe,
Sosie

I went there many times. I can visit my cousin in NYC and I also can visit my two brothers in LI anytime as I want.
Authentic, you mentioned that the OP visits NYC during winter is a bad choice. I am going to have to disagree with you on this one because NYC and LI do have a lot of events during winter and I LOVE it... I am still going there all the time.

Botti, I am encouraging that you should go there.

Poweron, have a great time! Stay warm! :)
Be safe,
Sosie

it's still bad idea for visitors who can't handle cold weather but since PowerOn said he can handle it... cool beano

it's still bad idea for visitors who can't handle cold weather but since PowerOn said he can handle it... cool beano

No, it's not bad idea for visitors who can handle cold weather. Here in Boston, the visitors from all over the world still come and have fun because we do have a lot of events here. So, Poweron can go anywhere since the Coney Island is open all year, like Coney Island Polar Bear club, Trump Village Shopping Ctr, New York Aquarium, Skating at Abe Park, you name it... I wish he'd rent car, so, he can drive around NYC, like the Rockefeller Ctr, Radio City Music Hall, MoMA, a several restaurants, and even driving along the North Fork wineries in LI, etc... ;)

No, it's not bad idea for visitors who can handle cold weather. Here in Boston, the visitors from all over the world still come and have fun because we do have a lot of events here. So, Poweron can go anywhere since the Coney Island is open all year, like Coney Island Polar Bear club, Trump Village Shopping Ctr, New York Aquarium, Skating at Abe Park, you name it... I wish he'd rent car, so, he can drive around NYC, like the Rockefeller Ctr, Radio City Music Hall, MoMA, a several restaurants, and even driving along the North Fork wineries in LI, etc... ;)

all these sites you stated (bold red print)... those are within walking distance. car's not needed cuz parking's $$$$$$$$. They bumped up the parking fare lately. it's outrageously expensive. 50 cents per 10 min. Those areas are basically unparkable during daytime. It's mostly reserved for commercial only until evening. But if it's just to drive thru - best to do it during late evening or early morning otherwise... yea - you know - traffic jam + high pedestrian traffic.

Car's nice to have especially when going to Coney Island area. it's far by subway - about 1 hr starting from chinatown area. I can provide ride depending on day & time. Most of his days here are during my work day.

Last edited:
all these sites you stated (bold red print)... those are within walking distance. car's not needed cuz parking's $$$$$$$$. They bumped the parking fare lately. it's outrageously expensive. 50 cents per 10 min. Those areas are basically unparkable during daytime. It's mostly reserved for commercial only until evening. But if it's just to drive thru - best to do it during late evening or early morning otherwise... yea - you know - traffic jam + high pedestrian traffic.

Car's nice to have especially when going to Coney Island area. it's far by subway - about 1 hr starting from chinatown area. I can provide ride depending on day & time. Most of his days here are during my work day.

Yeah, you are right. I forgot all about the parking spaces. Jiro, I'd leave my car at my cousin's... and we walk or take the subway when we are going into town like Coney Island or LI, NY...
Same here in Boston, MA. The metered parking is $.25 for 15 minutes but yours is more expensive than mine. Also, it's impossible to find a parking space and plus, heavy traffic. That's why I have to take the "T" to Boston and to MIT in Cambridge.

I have been to New York several times, things to see,mmmm well I can say I had a Nathan's hotdog in the old Yankee stadium and I still think it was the best hotdog I ever had but maybe it was the experience period. Go see ground zero and then take a stroll down the street and walk thru the park and go to the statue of liberty. Or maybe go visit the natural museum and the best library ever! Oh Oh Oh Oh I have to look in my scrap book but I ate a some restaurant in little italy YUMMY

I have been to New York several times, things to see,mmmm well I can say I had a Nathan's hotdog in the old Yankee stadium and I still think it was the best hotdog I ever had but maybe it was the experience period. Go see ground zero and then take a stroll down the street and walk thru the park and go to the statue of liberty. Or maybe go visit the natural museum and the best library ever! Oh Oh Oh Oh I have to look in my scrap book but I ate a some restaurant in little italy YUMMY

I might want to see zero ground. However, I saw for few minutes on during night. I would like to see on daylight if I have time to go. I have strong goal to get on Status of Liberty. I can see that it would be hell cold to stand outside on Ferry to see the Lady. Hola!

Travel to NYC went well, just one day of shower which was on Sat while rest other days were good. Cold? Texas was much colder than NYC. No kidding

Hey, Sam! You just missed me. I'm arriving in New Yuck City!! Hey, do you still have a picture of you and me with Vic from LV?

Hey, Sam! You just missed me. I'm arriving in New Yuck City!! Hey, do you still have a picture of you and me with Vic from LV?

Pity, it wasn't on same time. Wasn't it?
Picture of us? it was awful photo. Yes, I still have it anyway. How do you want me to send to...?

all these sites you stated (bold red print)... those are within walking distance. car's not needed cuz parking's $$$$$$$$. They bumped up the parking fare lately. it's outrageously expensive. 50 cents per 10 min. Those areas are basically unparkable during daytime. It's mostly reserved for commercial only until evening. But if it's just to drive thru - best to do it during late evening or early morning otherwise... yea - you know - traffic jam + high pedestrian traffic.

Try $5 per 10 mins at Bondi Beach in Sydney :shock:

Back