Virginia changed it's standard plate

I agree it's a stupid slogan . I think more presidents came from Virginia than any other state , they could had use that for a slogan. People like to go on sightseeing tours and see where well known people lived .

I agree it's a stupid slogan . I think more presidents came from Virginia than any other state , they could had use that for a slogan.

I know, lots of history but they go with an idiotic slogan from the 1960's.. Illinois is land of Lincoln, can't we be Land of Washington? lol

I know, lots of history but they go with an idiotic slogan from the 1960's.. Illinois is land of Lincoln, can't we be Land of Washington? lol

I agree , the mayor of my city is trying to get more people to come here by saying we have a lot history here, . I really don't know of many people that want to travel to a state to see 'lovers' walking around .

Really like South Carolina & Alabama's plates....Think Ohio's is a little nutty....Florida used to have "Arrive Alive"...then it went to "Arrive Stoned"....:giggle:...now it's the Sunshine State w/an orange....As for Virginia's plate...lived there for years and yeah...I loved it.

Yuck. I used to live in Alexandria, VA for three years, and I don't like living there so much. People are so snobby, and self-centered.

Yuck. I used to live in Alexandria, VA for three years, and I don't like living there so much. People are so snobby, and self-centered.

Loved Newport News...just didn't like the snow....And Virginia Beach was a fav of mine too....

The Lincoln car looks like mine!....:lol:

tumblr_n271yjPEHT1trbh6do1_400.gif

On another note, its funny to go on the Virginia DMV site and look at what vanity plates you can get away with.. Apparently "FKURGOD" and "GODSGAY" are perfectly acceptable..lol

Oh Virginia DMV, first you let crazy plate messages through and now you give us a 'new' plate with an idiotic slogan that makes people think Virginia is for people who love to use the loo..lol

I see they replaced the heart with V which is stupid. Makes it look like it's saying Looers. The heart should be replaced with the 'o' instead. L♥vers.

I agree , your way looks a lot better, having the heart in place of the 'V' does made is looks like 'Looers' . It look like the people designing the plates
are 'Losers' . Maybe the state is hoping by having a stupid looking plate people will want to have one custom made and that will bring in more $$$ for the state.

I agree , your way looks a lot better, having the heart in place of the 'V' does made is looks like 'Looers' . It look like the people designing the plates
are 'Losers' . Maybe the state is hoping by having a stupid looking plate people will want to have one custom made and that will bring in more $$$ for the state.

I'd just take some nice white paint and cover it or scratch the crap out of the bottom part.. Either way beats the hell out of that crap they put on it.

I also miss the old New York plate, the one with the statue of liberty like in Ghost Busters.. That was a great looking plate.

The South Carolina plate I have I really like- it became official right before I got it after I had move there (took me a while though *cough*). Didn't like the old one as much.

License Plates of South Carolina (United States)

I never liked the www address on the plates but considering it's the Technology/Information Age I can see why it's there- a way to lure tourists or new residents to the state.

My favorite plate is still my old PA one- blue background with yellow lettering (I didn't like it when they swapped the colors). I miss those days- solid two color plates. Half the ones today are hard to read or see there's so much junk on them and too many colors. I'm amazed the cops don't go nuts identifying them...

I'd just take some nice white paint and cover it or scratch the crap out of the bottom part.. Either way beats the hell out of that crap they put on it.

I also miss the old New York plate, the one with the statue of liberty like in Ghost Busters.. That was a great looking plate.

That would be illegal to deface the plate . It a good way of having the cops pulling you over all the time.

That would be illegal to deface the plate . It a good way of having the cops pulling you over all the time.

But it's my plate and I'll do any thing I please to it, even reproduce it in cardboard and cellophane wrap, written on with crayons. :hmm:

But it's my plate and I'll do any thing I please to it, even reproduce it in cardboard and cellophane wrap, written on with crayons. :hmm:

Yes you can as you pleases , but I know I would not try to call unwanted attention to myself with the cops.

Back