View-points

Skyliner

Reaction score
Hi there :wave:

I'm very keen to learn from any of you good folks who would be willing to share your view on what life is like
being deaf and also Christian. (if you are Christian )
Is it hard for you being Christian and deaf.
Is it easy for you being Christian and deaf.
Have you been snubbed by hearing Christians.
Are you always welcomed when you meet hearing Christians.
etc. etc

What I want to do is devote an entire web page to you guys so that others (the hearing, me included) will learn from your experiences.

If this post is acceptable and not rejected as bad manners then I would love to receive articles from you.

I would add a link back to www.alldeaf.com on the same web page that is made up to display your articles.

My web site address is http://www.K2Lministry.com
My email address is PastorBilly@K2Lministry.com

Trusting this is an acceptable request.
Kind regards to you all.
Billy

I was just thinking....

I was just thinking.....

If anyone is willing to reply to my post then it would be far easier just to reply in this thread. :hug:

Regards
Billy.

Hi Billy, welcome to AD :)

I know of an Episcopalian deaf priest... she might have interesting answers to share with you regarding your questions if you are interested.

Once had a so-called hearing Christian tell me and a deaf friend that we didn't believe in Jesus enough or else we'd become hearing. This "Christian" claims if someone believes strongly enough in Jesus, all physical ailments would disappear. So in other words, this person told us that deaf and hard of hearing people aren't as good as anyone else.

A deaf woman told me about a "Christian" group - they told her that deafness was demonic and tried to preform an exorcism on her. Since they couldn't "cure" her, they told her she was demonic.

Told these stories to a Catholic nun and she shook her head and said, "Those people really don't understand the Bible."

Hi Liza,

Thanks for your welcome message, and yes I think the Episcopalian deaf priest that you know could have quite a lot to say on he subject. :hug:

Hi Daft,

I can quite believe a Christian could say such a thing to you.

I'm a recovering alcoholic and when I first joined church many years ago I was told that my faith should be so strong that I should be able to drink alcohol again and not be affected by it.

When I mentioned it to my then pastor, he sort of went.......
well, ballistic actually.

Sadly, people with that frame of Christian understanding just do not know the harm they are doing and they really need talking to and prayed for.

I can use your comments.

Cheers,
Billy.

Back