Video shows Albuquerque officer kicking suspect; 2 officers fired

yizuman

Reaction score
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) - A parking garage surveillance video shows a former Albuquerque police officer kicking a suspected car thief several times while another officer holds him down.

After the beating, the video taken Feb. 13 appears to shows the officers giving each other belly bumps.

The video of former officer John Doyle kicking suspect Nicholas Blume while former officer Robert Woolever holds the man down came after a public records request from an Albuquerque newspaper.

Officials reported that Doyle and Wollever were fired from APD Wednesday afternoon.

This incident comes after the Albuquerque Police Department faces heat for 20 officer-involved shootings and amid calls for a Justice Department probe.

A special prosecutor is reviewing the beating.

Blume's attorney, Ray Twohig, has said his client couldn't speak with the detectives investigating the beating without a promise of immunity.

Source: Video shows Albuquerque officer kicking suspect; 2 officers fired | KOB.com

Just WTH are they thinking, just because they got a frickin' badge doesn't necessarily mean they're safe from criminal prosecutions.

Dumbasses and now they've ruined careers, real criminals is gonna have a field day giggling over the fact the dumbass not only destroyed his career, now also has a criminal case being doubted and possibly released from prison with him laughing while knowing full well that a dumbass cop farked it all up.

Smooth move there Officer Lou...............NOT!

Yiz

It's interesting though, you know how many people get upset about using taser, and how some taser can kill people. One police officer mentioned that puchning him or kicking him are far safer than tasing him. I was like.. uh... so now gonna hear the words "Don't kick me bro!!"

It's interesting though, you know how many people get upset about using taser, and how some taser can kill people. One police officer mentioned that puchning him or kicking him are far safer than tasing him. I was like.. uh... so now gonna hear the words "Don't kick me bro!!"

:lol: I would have thought since it is safer to be kicked, they'd be begging to be pummeled. :D

The land of enchantment...more like the land of entrapment the way I hear it.

Back