Video Relay Services

Nrhorwitz

Reaction score
Is anybody using the VRS (Video Relay Services)? I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinion about the service. Does it offer you the benefit of shortening the calls or increased the comfort of conducting a conversation with other person?

I have try one before at ip-relay.com with VRS.

it's nice size of good picture thru DSL at 100kbps, the frame isn't bad.

I test at my workplace that use Sony laptop at 2.6 Mhz P4 in Windows XP with Intel Camera Pro. I can understand what agent is saying and seem helpful when she/he try to tell me to move where he/she can read my sign. Later in few minutes, it crash. Disconnect. :boop:

I don't want to do that again. :madfawk:

:laugh2:
Originally posted by illustrator

I test at my workplace that use Sony laptop at 2.6 Mhz P4 in Windows XP with Intel Camera Pro. I can understand what agent is saying and seem helpful when she/he try to tell me to move where he/she can read my sign. Later in few minutes, it crash. Disconnect. :boop:

I don't think that VRS is good idea for me. I feel that invade my private.. to know what I do looks like. I fear that someday agent will come, "HEY, HOW IS YOUR STATUS?" :o

Originally posted by ideafspy
:laugh2:

I don't think that VRS is good idea for me. I feel that invade my private.. to know what I do looks like. I fear that someday agent will come, "HEY, HOW IS YOUR STATUS?" :o

:) I can certainly respect that. I felt the same way when I first used it... eventually, I saw the pros of using VRS compared to text based relay services such as ip-relay.com. Call me a VRS addict now.

Originally posted by illustrator
I have try one before at ip-relay.com with VRS.

it's nice size of good picture thru DSL at 100kbps, the frame isn't bad.

Hmmm, too bad... we're still improving the system to a point where it's functioning at 100% capacity. Come back and check us out again :)

Is site at ip-relay.com and hovrs.com for free both?

It's don't need to pay?

Back