Vibration Alert for Deaf partner

shmeebs

Reaction score
Hi. New to the forum, so I hope this isn't already covered somewhere...My parents live on their own. My dad is deaf, but my mom has serious health issues. They will be getting a Lifeline or similar device for my mom to alert a contact if she's fallen or other emergency. However, if my dad is in another room and unaware of the emergency, he is afraid his first indication will be the paramedics breaking down the door in response to the call. Is there a device that he can wear day and night that will also alert him of my mom's emergency with maybe a strong vibration or similar? Thanks in advance.

Probably the easiest way to address this would be to have your dad listed as the first contact. This would alert him that there was an issue and then he could request 911 if needed. I did this when I took care of my mother and it worked well. If I didn’t answer/respond, the service called the next person on the list. We created that list as a family. Also, my mom had the option when she pushed the button of speaking with the service. She could request the help she thought she needed or who to contact. If she didn’t respond, then we had it set up to call 911 & me. Hope this helps.

Back