Vibrating alarm clock

Reaction score
I need to get a new travel alarm clock. I get medical procedures often and I sometimes stay at a friend's house the night before because they live close to the hospital (15 min cab ride) vs 1.5-2 hour car ride from my place.

They are happy enough to wake me up, but I want to wake up early enough to take a shower and they are just waking up about 15 minutes before I have to leave. That's fine if I don't want to shower.

So, I need a new travel alarm clock. Sadly, the Shake Awake is no longer made and I've read a few reviews on the clocks that are out there and they seem to be all shitty. Does anyone have any recommendations? I can end up using a non-travel alarm clock, as my husband spends his days with them for the three days of my procedure and I can just leave the alarm clock there for him to pick up but I'd rather have a small portable one.

Any suggestions?

Jiro posted the exact alarm clock i have. it works like a dream. You can connect it under your pillow.

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold )

Another vote for Sonic Alert's travel alarm clock.

Agreed. Their products are good. I have Sonic Alert doorbell alert and it works great.

Somehow I looked at that and missed that it was a traveling clock. That's the one I'm going to get, plus it's cheaper on Amazon. I've managed to go 10 years without a mechanical alarm clock (mine is biological) and I thought it was about time I got a new one.

I need to get a new one too. I have a shake awake and another brand (can't remember what it is). I have also used my cell phone on vibrate too under my pillow (the light from the phone isn't bright enough for me to see/wake up to). The vibrating from the phone doesn't always wake me up though...:/

Definitely will look at that- I have a Sonic Alert Alarm clock that was given to me in 2001. Still works although now it turns itself off (the lamp part) every so often- I have no idea why...

Which state are you in?
Many state have departments/commissions like Massachusetts Commission for the Deaf & Hard of Hearing

I need to get a new travel alarm clock. I get medical procedures often and I sometimes stay at a friend's house the night before because they live close to the hospital (15 min cab ride) vs 1.5-2 hour car ride from my place.

They are happy enough to wake me up, but I want to wake up early enough to take a shower and they are just waking up about 15 minutes before I have to leave. That's fine if I don't want to shower.

So, I need a new travel alarm clock. Sadly, the Shake Awake is no longer made and I've read a few reviews on the clocks that are out there and they seem to be all shitty. Does anyone have any recommendations? I can end up using a non-travel alarm clock, as my husband spends his days with them for the three days of my procedure and I can just leave the alarm clock there for him to pick up but I'd rather have a small portable one.

Any suggestions?

The Clarity one looks interesting, but a bit much for traveling. I didn't even think to check with my state for stuff that might be available to me, I'll have to do that.

Back